• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Anniversario for me as well. Can't remember the exact production number, but it was in the 700s.
Purchased at Moto Richmond, VA, on Nov. 2, 2017.
VIN #ZGULDUA15HM000187.

View attachment 13823

An update: Looks like I’ll be selling this Anniversario. Found a buyer and just figuring out delivery and title transfer details. I loved its looks and performance, but just never got used to the seating position and the foot pegs hitting my ankles. I am planning, if all goes well, to replace it soon with a V7 II Racer, either 2015 or 2016 — got leads on still-new versions of each. Taking a bit of a financial loss of course, but worth it to me to get a bike I genuinely love, rather than one I tolerate.

Last edited:
Looks like I’ll be selling this Anniversario. Found a buyer and just figuring out delivery and title transfer details. I loved its looks and performance, but just never got used to the seating position and the foot pegs hitting my ankles. I am planning, if all goes well, to replace it soon with a V7 II Racer, either 2015 or 2016
And so it begins... you'll always have at least one. I still have this unicorn available; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/for-sale-gt-rx®-v7r-820-quattrovalvole.18041/ - basically brand new.

An update: Looks like I’ll be selling this Anniversario. Found a buyer and just figuring out delivery and title transfer details. I loved its looks and performance, but just never got used to the seating position and the foot pegs hitting my ankles. I am planning, if all goes well, to replace it soon with a V7 II Racer, either 2015 or 2016 — got leads on still-new versions of each. Taking a bit of a financial loss of course, but worth it to me to get a bike I genuinely love, rather than one I tolerate.

Did you consider swapping the stock foot pegs for rear sets?

That's what I did on my '15 Stone as I did not like the stock pegs hitting my ankles either. I tested a racer and liked that setup.

Gerry

V7 III Anniversario main image anniversario I must be getting really old because for the life of me, I cannot understand what you guys mean by "the stock foot pegs hitting your ankles". What are you talking about here? Hiting them when? How? You really have me stumped.

Last edited:
Did you consider swapping the stock foot pegs for rear sets?

That's what I did on my '15 Stone as I did not like the stock pegs hitting my ankles either. I tested a racer and liked that setup.

Gerry

I did think about that, but as far as I can tell there are no rear sets available yet for the V7III. I even contacted Sato, who said they probably will make some at some point but don't have concrete plans to do so yet. I also came close to ordering pull back bars and a replacement seat to change the sitting position, but finally decided to cut my losses and become a cafe racer dude...

Last edited:
I must be getting really old because for the life of me, I cannot understand what you guys mean by "the stock foot pegs hitting your ankles". What are you talking about here? Hiting them when? How? You really have me stumped.

For me the foot pegs on the V7III are exactly where I put my feet down when stopped. I keep trying to get used to putting my feet down either in front of or behind them, but just can't get it right. It's not a major problem, but more of a constant annoyance. And it means I often get my pant leg caught on the peg when pulling out. If you ride in traffic a lot, as I do, it begins to wear on you.

For me the foot pegs on the V7III are exactly where I put my feet down when stopped. I keep trying to get used to putting my feet down either in front of or behind them, but just can't get it right. It's not a major problem, but more of a constant annoyance. And it means I often get my pant leg caught on the peg when pulling out. If you ride in traffic a lot, as I do, it begins to wear on you.

Oh, okay! Thanks for the clarification because I was lost there trying to understand you.

20180318 143333 Hey folks!

My Griso 1200 8V SE now got a little brother or sister?

It's a 2015 V7II Special. Bought four weeks ago totally stock with less than 4.000km on it.
Just rode it for 300kms until now because it is really not yet the best whether for cycling in Germany.
Anyhow..some mods already done and l really like this little thing...
Zard exhaust Racer version
Dart screen
Magura handle bar
Highsider mirrirs
Black headlight ring
Indicators
Tail tidy and small mud guard front and back
Legend gear luggage system
Sprint air filter
Etc....

Have a nice day...

schajo

Last edited:
My V7 II Racer VIN # ZGULW3004GM200697 DOP 02/11/17
It was a year old and had 236 miles on it when I bought it, did about 2,000 miles last year, hope to add many more in 2018
I've fitted a tail tidy, Mistral long silencers, MUPO cartridge emulators in the forks, Brembo RCS master cylinder, four pot Brembo caliper, a Dart screen, and Oberon bar end mirrors.

IMG 20180406 171535

3_10_18_zpslhfdn1z3.jpg
Hello All,
Picked up my black n blue 2017 Stone last week and finally took it out today for a 50 mile ride. This is my first Moto Guzzi and really enjoying it. I've ridden ever since my Taco minibike in 1970 and owned lots of used bikes. Always loved the GUZZI style- so glad I pulled the trigger on one for my first new bike!

One month and 400 miles later. Added some GIVI crash bars, drilled out the fake holes in the injector covers, added some moulding to the pinchweld around the gas tank (it looked unfinished to me), polished the valve cover bolts and added some stainless ones to the plug covers. Vagrant is sending me a passenger grab rail. Will likely pop a center stand on after that. Not a single problem with the bike except the left mirror vibrating loose, and I adjusted the shift lever higher. First couple hundred miles felt slow and clunky, but it's really smoothing out and shifting nicely now. The power band is great and I can feel it increasing with every ride. VERY HAPPY WITH MY GUZZI!!!!

20180409 124505

Last edited:
IMG 20180409 170336
Newb Alert!

I’ve been riding for only about two and a half years now, but my love affair with Guzzis started well before that.

A little bit of backstory … I live just a few blocks away from Moto International in Seattle. For years I drove by, to and from work, and spotted their V7s sitting out on the sidewalk. I didn’t ride at the time, but I think it was seeing those beautiful bikes every day for years that finally pushed me to getting my license.

So I took the test and got my license in October 2015. I was prepared to buy a V7 at the time, until a neighbor offered to sell me his 20 year old Yamaha XJ600 for real cheap. While the temptation of the V7 was strong, my better judgement ruled out and I bought the XJ to learn on. It was a great learner bike! I laid it down once, two weeks after starting to ride, in a slow speed low-side on slick streets on a real cold morning in November 2015. Glad I didn’t lay down a new V7!

I rode and learned on the XJ for six months, until I was ready for a new bike. Lo and behold my first “new” bike purchase wasn’t the V7. It was a 2015 Yamaha FJ-09, dealer demo, low miles, full warranty, purchased in January 2017. I think my rational side wanted a bike with all the bells, whistles, power and UJM reliability ... that also wouldn’t break my bank. So, I consider the FJ my “head” purchase. It’s a great bike and I’m glad it’s in my stable for those long trips and wet weather daily commuting.

But my heart still really wanted the V7. So on the second day of 2018, I walked down to Moto International and wrote a check for my "heart" purchase. It is an absolute joy to ride.

Black 2017 V7III
D.O.P: 1/2/2018
VIN: ZGULDU007HM000006

The Mod Plan Money Pit™...

What's Done:
  • Satin aluminum number plate
  • Knee tank protectors
  • Satin mudguards
Coming Up:
  • small luggage rack
  • MG tail light hanger
  • GTM V7III Tail Tidy Kit
  • new mirrors
  • New exhaust. (between GT-RX or Agostinis)
  • GT's re-flash doohickey =D
  • New tires! (Sport Demons inspire no confidence!)
  • replacing all the plastic pieces
  • and so on
IMG 20180409 084916

Last edited:
Back