• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Will the Norge, Griso or 1200 Sport(2V Motor) run without a Dashboard?

lesman

Just got it firing!
I'm in the process of shoehorning a 2008 Norge motor into a 1972 Eldo.I would like to run Fuel Injection. I have a 1200 Sport wiring harness, Norge/Breva throttle bodies and injectors, coils. I have not bought an ECU/ECM. Will the 5a ECU/ECM work without a dash?. Would changing to a 15M ECU/ECM solve my problem? I prefer the FI instead of carbs.I have Fuel Injection"Lite" skills.

Best Regards,
Les

I'm in the process of shoehorning a 2008 Norge motor into a 1972 Eldo.I would like to run Fuel Injection. I have a 1200 Sport wiring harness, Norge/Breva throttle bodies and injectors, coils. I have not bought an ECU/ECM. Will the 5a ECU/ECM work without a dash?. Would changing to a 15M ECU/ECM solve my problem? I prefer the FI instead of carbs.I have Fuel Injection"Lite" skills.
Best Regards,
Les
No you cannot not run the 5AM without a key/antenna ring and dash, but yes it will run with the 15M and PC-V/AT. I’ve done something similar already.

Now that my dreams are getting crushed. Can someone explain my new reality? What is PC-V/AT?
So will any 15m ECU work? Do I need to run the right switch to make the circuit complete? Will I need to run a wiring harness from a CalVIn vs earlier 2000's or late 1990's wiring harness? Should I just say screw it and run Carbs? Can you point me what you have done to resolve these obstacles?

Best Regards,
Les

Now that my dreams are getting crushed. Can someone explain my new reality? What is PC-V/AT?
So will any 15m ECU work? Do I need to run the right switch to make the circuit complete? Will I need to run a wiring harness from a CalVIn vs earlier 2000's or late 1990's wiring harness? Should I just say screw it and run Carbs? Can you point me what you have done to resolve these obstacles?

Best Regards,
Les
PC-V = Power Commander V
AT = Autotune
Although Todd can explain it better, the PC-V is sort of a piggy-back to your ECU which allows for easy mapping changes to the fuel map. The Autotune allows for an Oxygen sensor to be installed which will adjust the mixture based on the fuel/air ratios that you set.
I have this setup on my 1200 Sport and it runs very well.
Todd sells them on here and did the basic setup on mine before sending it out. I've had it on there since around 2011 or 2012 and had no problems.

I would use the wiring harness off the same bike that the engine came from and EVERYTHING that attaches to it .That would included switchgear, injectors, ECUs, voltage regulator and instrument panel. That would require the least amount of adaptations and modifications. Using the components from the same bike means every thing is compatible.
For the fuel injection pump you can use a unit from 2002 or earlier Lemans which is externally mounted.

My problem is I'm using the Eldo dash. Using a Griso. Breva, Norge or Stelvio dash would in a word....unsightly.
I have looked at a different angle to pursue. I think i can make it work with a CalVin wiring harness, throttle bodies, manifolds and 1200 sport coils(save as a CalVin), switchgear(if needed) and a 15m ecu. I have $175 in a 1200 Sport wiring harness, throttle bodies, injectors, and coils. I'm not so far down the rabbit hole to adjust. I was planning on an external pump. I was just stunned when when a guy on advrider joked about the dash being needed. I just never thought about it. I've been working on this build about 2 years. I've have had a 14 month pause while rebuilding my home after a flood. I acquired the motor in June or July . I've just been looking and scheming on how I would install the engine. I want to retain the alternator.
Everyone, Thank you for the info.

The 1200 Sport TB's, manifolds, 15M or RC ECU, CalVin or earlier Cali wiring harness. These should go together w/any dash or switchgear. Injector plugs for wiring should be the same. You will have to use a twist grip w/2 cables like a CalVin and delete the stepper.
It depends on your intended use of the bike, roadburner or touring. Might be cheaper to use what you have(modified) than get CalVin TB's.

Received the CalVin wiring harness. The 1200 injectors plug fits. Ign Coils for the Calvin & the 1200 are the same. I was stumped by the no wire for stepper motor. Since Ii's not need, less upset. I think I've located a 15m Computer. I have been told that there are "work arounds" not using the Calvin switches. Anyone know where Guzzi electrical connectors can be obtained if needed? Thanks everyone for incredible info.

Best Regards,
Les

Back