• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM Secondary Air Supply (SAS) V7-9 Block-off Kit

You would need to cap the line at the pump or each cylinder, and disconnect the pump connector with the supplied pigtail. You cannot leave the rubber hoses connected and only disconnect the electrical plug at the pump.

Thank you. Sound like it's better to block them off with your kit.

I bought the kit, but I think I am going to take a hard pass on this job. It sounds like a LOT of work just to eliminate some popping which doesn’t bother me anyway. Move the fuel tank? No.

Move the fuel tank? No.
I haven't read this thread through in depth, but if the issue that you're worrying about is moving the fuel tank, never fear. It's extremely trivial once you get into it. If you have the SAS block-off kit, just go for it! (At least you'll get to see how easy moving/removing the fuel tank is) ;)

I did the SAS block off kit on my Anniversario and only loosened and shifted the tank by a could of inches. It's an easy process. Page 2 of this thread details the complete process with pictures.

If you want to return it for as Store credit, happy to do that for you. Just send it back.
Thanks Todd I appreciate the offer but I’ll hang onto it in case I have a change of heart.

Right now I’m not super interested in this particular mod, I’m more excited to get my new map in to see how the evap delete works together with the cans and tune.

In the future maybe I might look into this when I have more free time.

Well, after actually looking at my bike, I decided to stop being a wuss and just do this. In about an hour, I removed this stuff here
CDE8F256 5A41 4970 8D4D 9BD9A340066B

Using only these tools

C1BB5039 35F0 426C A627 02AD316D87A6

And installed the block off plates, intake cap, and electronic gizmo to fool the ecu.

F66BE03F 5BDE 4168 A969 B5971B929CCF

A big thanks to whoever it was that pointed out the plates are not symmetrical, I would not have noticed that one corner was at a wider radius than the other three. Then I would have screwed up installing the reed valves/gaskets.

6B650020 A831 497A 89A4 6A02A88D9472

My point is this job is much easier to do than read about. Anybody who has worked on late model European cars will find this about as difficult as tinkertoys.

I can’t say that there is much difference in the way it runs, although I am still waiting for the ecu map. I bet that will make a big difference.

Installed the SAS kit today. Already have new 2>1 exhaust and fueling done. Bike sounds and seems to be running great now. This was the final step. It all cost a bundle, or at least a bundle for me anyway, but she looks, sounds, and rides the way I’ve been planning for months now.

The SAS was easy, except for some of those spring clips, which were a real pain to get to. I was wishing I had the right angle needle nose mentioned earlier in the thread. They would have come in handy.

Well I just put in Todd’s map and it clearly made a big difference. Pulled harder at all revs and not allergic to high rpm like it used to be.

I would consider the evap mod, SAS kit, and fuel map as mandatory changes for anyone that wants to see how these Guzzi’s really run.

I would consider the evap mod, SAS kit, and fuel map as mandatory changes for anyone that wants to see how these Guzzi’s really run.
Yup, did the same for my Anniversario and it was a whole new bike afterwards. So much better than from the factory. Todd is a magic worker.

My point is this job is much easier to do than read about. Anybody who has worked on late model European cars will find this about as difficult as tinkertoys.

I can’t say that there is much difference in the way it runs, although I am still waiting for the ecu map. I bet that will make a big difference.
You need the map....

Got it. Made a huge difference. Look at my post two above this one.
Good deal. I hadn't read all the posts. You'll surprise some 600cc and lower sport bikes with that mod. You'll be able to rip thru some twisties and keep up. They'll still run away on a dead straight though.

Apologize if this has been addressed before, but it seems like all of the posts on this thread are about the V7. Anyone do this to a V9, and are there any install or operational issues peculiar to the V9?

Last edited:
Apologize if this has been addressed before, but it seems like all of the posts on this thread are about the V7. Anyone do this to a V9, and are there any install or operational issues peculiar to the V9?
Sure did, same as the V7III. The kit we sell fits both bikes.

Back