• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Early V7 Radial Tire Thread

I have the A41s on my 2007 CalVin. 2000 mi on them and I am very happy with them so far.

Just got a pair of Metzeler Roadtec 01. Will remember to post up after I get some miles and low temp rides on them. Will be a few months, though. I didn't get the 'heavy' version, but still wondering whether the sidewalls will be a bit over-stiff. Looked at the A41s, but wanted more siping. Would've preferred an even higher/more uniform silicone compound, don't really care about tire life given the stakes (I have to commute to work through the winter).

So, shopping 'fail', they are bias in the V7 sizes.
After a few days in cool (38' F) weather, they seem slightly more compliant, but definitely not radial-compliant.
They definitely don't chase road imperfections as much, and they tolerate a lot more force on the brakes for emergency slow downs.
The Pirrellis were were on 2017 my, with only 4k miles, and appeared to be in good shape. I should've checked the production date on them.

After over 3k miles on Pirelli’s Scorpion Trail IIs on my V7III Stone, I wanted to drop a +1 for them. Good wear (despite dead straight TX roads), good feel & grip (once warm, but they warm up quickly), plus a significant improvement in both comfort & handling. As a bonus, they handle wet and/or dirty roads very well with good feedback and predictable behavior. Will report back once I get them more worn to see if/how things change.

Has anyone tried the Bridgestone Battlax Adventure A41? They are radial 90/10 dual sport tires.
Just looked and I can get the A41’s for anyone here in SoCal that would like to try them. That said, the Conti RA 3’s are still my top pick.

Has anyone tried to install a taller tire in their v7?
You can skim this thread for info. As stated direct email and in this thread, I highly recommend the Conti RA 3s. I try to stock them at my shop. For those who commute, Conti makes the rear (only) Adventure tire below in the correct size, with a super-deep tread, same radial construction as the RA 3. I can get these too... and I do online price match as close as I can for local SoCal Guzzisti.

Conti Trail Attack 3

Hey guys. I’ve search for while and can’t seem to find a direct answer. I am wondering what the effects are going to be from switching from a 130/80/17 (rear/V7iii) tire to 130/90/17 would be. Thanks a lot.

Slightly quicker turn in.
Slightly slower acceleration.
Slightly higher seat height.
Slightly more contact patch when leant over.

Stock sizes work well no real reason to change. I recommend the conti’s just fitted a set much happier now with my bike.

Slightly quicker turn in.
Slightly slower acceleration.
Slightly higher seat height.
Slightly more contact patch when leant over.

Stock sizes work well no real reason to change. I recommend the conti’s just fitted a set much happier now with my bike.
it drops the rpms a tad bit as well when cruising on the highway. it's the main reason i went with a 90 in the back

Hey guys. I’ve search for while and can’t seem to find a direct answer. I am wondering what the effects are going to be from switching from a 130/80/17 (rear/V7iii) tire to 130/90/17 would be. Thanks a lot.
Recalibrate your ABS and that'll be about all you'll notice. Not much point really.

Hi All;

I just got back from a wonderful 13 day, 3800 KM ride through BC and Alberta and am in need of a new rear tire. The rear tire has almost no center groove left and is looking a little squared off. I am thinking of the Continental Conti Road Attack 3 as the replacement, but am wondering if I have to replace the front tire at the same time.

The bike has 12,400 KM on it and the front tire has a fair bit of life left, so would like to give it another season before replacing.

What is the prevailing theory on this?

Thanks

Back