• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Stone “night pack”

Can you get the led turns and smaller brake? And would they fit the US model?
I can, and I have not yet, no. I think the turns should be plug and play. A headlight swap from the standard to the Night Pack version is tougher as the plugs are different.

I can, and I have not yet, no. I think the turns should be plug and play. A headlight swap from the standard to the Night Pack version is tougher as the plugs are different.
Hmm I may be reaching out about the turns. I just picked up the bike yesterday.

I just finished installing OEM LED turn signals for my North American V7 III Night Pack, which comes with standard bulb type turn signal lights. It took me about 40 minutes.

Parts you need:
2 x Left Front / Right Rear OEM LED turn signals part number 2D000438
2 x Right Front / Left Rear OEM LED turn signals part number 2D000439

Tools you need:
- Torx bit screw driver (forgot the sizes), you would need one for the turn signals and dashboard and a smaller size one for the dash back cover.
- 10 mm wrench.

Procedures:
- Remove the rear turn signals. pull out the wiring carefully until you can disconnect the connector. If the wire got stuck and does not seem to want to come out, push the wire back in and then lightly pull it out from a different angle.
Carefully find the tab on the wire connector that you can pry open a little bit to release the connector. Connect the LED signal, push the wire back in, and just tighten the screw enough to keep the signal from dropping. Repeat on the other side, once done, turn on the ignition and check that both lights function correctly. Tighten the two screws.

- Remove the two bolts (two Torx screws with 10 mm nuts) holding the dash, remove the dash back cover (two small Torx screws), you may need to cut the cable tie to free up the wires, and disconnect the ones for the signals. Remove and replace the signals, test the signal's function first before tighten and putting everything back up.

One thing to note here is that for the front signals, they don't match the signal adapter blocks (the black piece between the signal and the bike) perfectly, unlike the rear ones. I just looked at Moto Guzzi site's stock photos and it looks like the Night Pack's LED turn signals do not use the adapter blocks. So, you can try removing the blocks and see if it would fit better. I have already installed mine with the blocks, so probably not going to redo them.

zWlCbmS.jpg

W81gt0G.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks, Subin for sharing and the how-to.
Looks so much better with all LED parts, looking at doing the same.

Has anyone tried ordering the standard LED tail/brake light and its bezel (parts 27,28) to swap into the oversized US rear light on the V7 III Nite Pack/Stone S? Appears they carried the LED light onto the 2021 V7s, with a different fender and mounting I imagine.

Figured I'd ask to see if anyone did the homework already before I start fiddling.

Attachments

• 15513-category_default.jpg
    15513-category_default.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 14
I also did the turns which was fairly simple. But the tail and brake were very expensive for all the parts that went into it and I haven't seen anyone online offer them as a kit. I eventually plan to do a fender delete so decided against it. But if you find a better option please let me know!

I also did the turns which was fairly simple. But the tail and brake were very expensive for all the parts that went into it and I haven't seen anyone online offer them as a kit. I eventually plan to do a fender delete so decided against it. But if you find a better option please let me know!

I've also got a night pack, now with LED turns. They make the tail light look even more oversized. I'd love to swap it out for the Euro one.

I just finished installing OEM LED turn signals for my North American V7 III Night Pack, which comes with standard bulb type turn signal lights. It took me about 40 minutes.

Parts you need:
2 x Left Front / Right Rear OEM LED turn signals part number 2D000438
2 x Right Front / Left Rear OEM LED turn signals part number 2D000439

Tools you need:
- Torx bit screw driver (forgot the sizes), you would need one for the turn signals and dashboard and a smaller size one for the dash back cover.
- 10 mm wrench.

Procedures:
- Remove the rear turn signals. pull out the wiring carefully until you can disconnect the connector. If the wire got stuck and does not seem to want to come out, push the wire back in and then lightly pull it out from a different angle.
Carefully find the tab on the wire connector that you can pry open a little bit to release the connector. Connect the LED signal, push the wire back in, and just tighten the screw enough to keep the signal from dropping. Repeat on the other side, once done, turn on the ignition and check that both lights function correctly. Tighten the two screws.

- Remove the two bolts (two Torx screws with 10 mm nuts) holding the dash, remove the dash back cover (two small Torx screws), you may need to cut the cable tie to free up the wires, and disconnect the ones for the signals. Remove and replace the signals, test the signal's function first before tighten and putting everything back up.

One thing to note here is that for the front signals, they don't match the signal adapter blocks (the black piece between the signal and the bike) perfectly, unlike the rear ones. I just looked at Moto Guzzi site's stock photos and it looks like the Night Pack's LED turn signals do not use the adapter blocks. So, you can try removing the blocks and see if it would fit better. I have already installed mine with the blocks, so probably not going to redo them.

So are the original (US) turn signals incandescent, as they appear to be? If so, wouldn't there be an issue replacing them with LEDs without using resistors? Or am I wrong about that..?

So are the original (US) turn signals incandescent, as they appear to be? If so, wouldn't there be an issue replacing them with LEDs without using resistors? Or am I wrong about that..?

Yes, the US versions are incandescent. I don't know the detail, but the V7 III's setup is already LED bulbs compatible, that is why you don't need to add resistors. I read it some where that someone installed the Rizoma turn signals also without the resistors. See 2nd post here https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/complete-led-conversion-on-v7iii.19731/

Last edited:
Finally got around to putting my euro winkers on. Thanks Subin for the write up. Super easy to switch over as long as you dont disconnect the rear winker connection in the housing before getting it out =)

The real left ended up disconnecting inside the tail light housing so I had to pull the whole real mudguard which was a pain in the ars. Take your time slowly pulling the connector out =)

Also as Subin suggested, I removed the from winker adapter blocks and the euros fit perfect without them. I had to go buy some shorter M6 bolts since the stock ones are super long.

Attachments

• IMG_3153.JPG
    IMG_3153.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3154.JPG
    IMG_3154.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 13
Back