• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Early V7 Radial Tire Thread

Do it. You can mix and match with no issues, though a matching pair of the CRA3s is two thumbs up.
Geeze, this is not nearly as straight forward as I had thought.

These tires are listed as tubeless, but the V7 III's all use tubes. Does that mean you can use tubes with a tubeless tire?

Do I want Bias or Radial?

Do I want the load/speed index to be 65H or 65S?

Thanks

These tires are listed as tubeless, but the V7 III's all use tubes. Does that mean you can use tubes with a tubeless tire? Do I want Bias or Radial?
You want radials, and tubes can be used. I do recommend a tube rated for use in tubeless tires (they are thicker). This has been done for decades with zero issues.

For those looking for a chunky deep-tread radial... I just installed a set of Bridgestone BattleAx Adventure A41 set, 110/80-18 & 130/80-17. I won’t stock them, but they are only a day or so away for my SoCal customers.

A91F86BE 6226 4DCA 976E B5610BD1E359 7E3FBA75 5008 4307 BC10 3A008A297EE8

Just finished a 300 KM ride on my new rear Continental Road Attack 3 and WOW. So much better grip, the bike feels more stable and plated, but the big surprise is the sharp edge from bumps and jolts are gone. The bumps are still there but they are no longer spine jarring. I did not expect a new rear tire to make such a difference. So totally worth the money. Can't wait for a new front one next season. :)

The Sport Demons are tubeless, but on all spoked rim models, they are all run with tubes. Common practice for a very long time now to run tubes in tubeless tires as needed.

Huh, I was thinking now that the spokes don’t go through the rim, and are attached on those flanges they could run tubeless?

Oops those aren’t MG rims, my son’s V-Storm has the new spoked rims.

Attachments

• 3365910B-5BCB-42B2-8C0B-BF422612E5DA.jpeg
    3365910B-5BCB-42B2-8C0B-BF422612E5DA.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 15
Todd, I have a 2016 V7II Racer and I am sure I read on one of your posts that you recommend the RCA3s Front - 110/80 - 18, but the original size is 100/90-18. Is this a significant difference and why the difference? Love to hear your thoughts. Cheers.

Todd, I have a 2016 V7II Racer and I am sure I read on one of your posts that you recommend the RCA3s Front - 110/80 - 18, but the original size is 100/90-18. Is this a significant difference and why the difference? Love to hear your thoughts. Cheers.
It’s a a little wider with a better (shorter/stiffer sidewall) profile, and it’s Z rated. Just a better overall tire.

Good on Conti to offer a flat service on many of their tires (tubeless applications only). I try to keep these in stock at my shop for all fellow V7 SoCal’ers.
D8A5D560 8E7C 4420 8F51 C3A3285C262E

For those looking for a chunky deep-tread radial... I just installed a set of Bridgestone BattleAx Adventure A41 set, 110/80-18 & 130/80-17. I won’t stock them, but they are only a day or so away for my SoCal customers.

View attachment 20337 View attachment 20338
Why do some V7iii's have a front fender that is way above the tire like this bike? Mine was like that so I cut the fork brace down as much as possible but it could still be closer. Most V7's that I have seen have better fitting fenders.

Why do some V7iii's have a front fender that is way above the tire like this bike? Mine was like that so I cut the fork brace down as much as possible but it could still be closer. Most V7's that I have seen have better fitting fenders.
The smaller/wider profile creates that gap. The 100/90-18 tire is taller.

The smaller/wider profile creates that gap. The 100/90-18 tire is taller.
I'm running the 100/90 but the gap has always been large, I've only seen a few bikes like this.

AA1E29CC ECF2 4999 863D 270EFF5A9720 CBD830F7 A1AA 4AE3 9AC5 4292E014CB22

the second pic shows the cut down fork brace, lowered it maybe 1/2”.

Last edited:
I'm running the 100/90 but the gap has always been large, I've only seen a few bikes like this.
Non-stock fender (what from?), and your new tire is certainly smaller than the Pirelli. You can compare the exact overall tire sizes on each website I'm sure.

Non-stock fender (what from?), and your new tire is certainly smaller than the Pirelli. You can compare the exact overall tire sizes on each website I'm sure.
Stock Milano, if you look at enough V7iii's you will see a few like this, different position of the lugs on the fork leg maybe?

Different position of the lugs on the fork leg maybe?
No way, no how. ;)
Only non-stock tires would produce this. That and the steel fender has a much slimmer profile from the side compared to the plastic one. Random images below. Also, will split or delete these from this radial tire thread.

V7 III Milano

V7 III Milano2

I would run some of these conti's if they offered taller rear tires. I commute in the mornings at traffic speed(80-90mph), and the 130/90 makes my V7 buzz a little less. I can feel/hear the rpm difference from a 130/80.

I’ve been riding on Avon Storm 3Dxm the past ~year. Seems like a good radial that comes in Roamer sizes.
I went 110/80/19 up front. They ride nice and are wearing better than the Pirelli Demons.

Last edited:
Are there any additional options entering the market, especially anything for the Breva750 with radial 110/70-17 front and 130/80-17 rear stock sizes?

I love the sound of the RAIII reports, but I was considering something in a lower price point since my wife rides barely 2,000 miles a year these days, and a longer-lasting tire might age out before it wore out. I saw the Continental Conti-Motion and the Shinko 880-881, but both only offer 140/70 rear.

All of this got me to thinking about radials for my California EV based "1100S" and wondering how radials work on Tonti-frame bikes. I assume Todd is the leading expert on that question, with his Jackal experience.

Back