• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

850tt aftermarket screen

Tony, the Givi AF8203 has an adjustable 'Airflow' section. I don't have one myself but it is one of the tallest screens available for the V85TT.

Givi AF8203

Depends what you're looking for with "quieter". Do you prefer riding in the bubble behind the screen, or to have your helmet in clean air? The stock screen for me puts the turbulent line right at the bottom of my helmet, which is annoying but not deafening, and I'm looking to find a way to lower the screen more to fix it. Otherwise you could look into a wind deflector or a taller screen, either the Guzzi official one which works for some, or some people swear by Calsci screens. Some of the screens they offer are enormous.

Depends what you're looking for with "quieter". Do you prefer riding in the bubble behind the screen, or to have your helmet in clean air? The stock screen for me puts the turbulent line right at the bottom of my helmet, which is annoying but not deafening, and I'm looking to find a way to lower the screen more to fix it. Otherwise you could look into a wind deflector or a taller screen, either the Guzzi official one which works for some, or some people swear by Calsci screens. Some of the screens they offer are enormous.

Hi, I don't mind being either in clean air or in the bubble. My helmet is quiet when not in turbulent air, but with the standard screen it hits the middle of my helmet. I've tried adding a deflector, (MRA VARIO-SPOILER VSA-C), which reduces the problem by maybe 20%.
The guzzi taller touring screen I bought with the bike also makes turbulence. But I will try the spoiler on this before investing in another deflector or screen (or the Givi mentioned by Chris) over the next few days and report back.
Thanks for the tips.

No problem, another thing to try (one that I'm working on) is to put a couple spacers under the bottom part of the windscreen to lay it back a little further. I'm just stacking some plastic washers under it to try to push the turbulent line down a bit more. If I can't get it down enough I might either drill some new holes in the stock screen or take to cutting it down about an inch.

OK, so the CalSci shorty screen is fitted, and it is not as advertised on their website ''Vented for minimum turbulence and back pressure''.
It has no vent, and was only minimally less turbulent than the standard Guzzi screen.
They do have taller options and there are actual pictures of these models on their site so you can see they are vented, but not the case with the shorty, so I can't recommend it.

I see that the sizing is a little odd for the 850TT. From shorty to medium is a jump of 6" in RH. They do have an exchange policy if you want to change size.

My Norge came with a medium which made a lot of wind noise. I moved up to a large and I now ride in a silent bubble. If I want more air or at slow speed, I lower the windshield. I never thought much of the electric windshield idea but now I love it.

Good evening guys, been a while. I'm now the owner of a V85 TT. It's going in for 900 mile service soon, and contemplating the taller OEM screen mostly because it looks good. I had a Caponord that I put a Cal Sci screen on and it was such a big bike it didn't detract from the look and was a magnificent solution. However, the Guzzi is smaller and the Cal Sci screen just looks a little clunky on it. Interested in opinions out there the taller OEM screen. Thanks and I'll get a pic up soon!

Last edited:
I took a "Travel" for a demo and found the taller screen to suffer terribly with buffeting and helmet noise, the standard screen is not exactly perfect either though

I took a "Travel" for a demo and found the taller screen to suffer terribly with buffeting and helmet noise, the standard screen is not exactly perfect either though
News from France... a while back I added the MRA spoiler to the Travel screen, and it slightly improved things...

...but not much... long distances gave me a headache like nothing before involving a bike...

I was torn between a standard screen and going for a barn door with a hole in it...

Opted for the OEM standard screen, glad I did.

Things are SO much better... I had a hunch they would be based on the experience I had with the touring screen...

So now no turbulence at all, yay!

I am in clear air, just like on my old K13R. So, not ideal, but way way better.

If I were any less than 6ft4 I doubt I’d be happy, but I knew there had to be an advantage to being a lanky thing...

Next bonus... having been mired in the running in/4.5k rev limit for a while, first service now done, and being free of that limit makes the bike SO much more enjoyable!

Yay!

Happy Monday gang!

Having tried the guzzi touring screen and Calsci short both with and without a MRA Variospoiler I can confirm this is also not worth trying. Save your money and just accept the standard shorty in lowest position.
I am going to try what TenBelowGriso above suggests and ad a washer or spacer to the bottom screen bolts to lay it back a bit further.

I have the Travel with the taller screen, and yes the buffeting and noise I was not really happy with. It is adjustable, so I rotated it forward and now for me the buffeting has gone and helmet noise acceptable. Just my thoughts but it might not suit everyone.

Has anyone tried the GIVI airflow yet?
Sam, I have the tall Givi Air Flow. Works good, not great. The fancy, nice looking cutouts on the side let a lot of air into the mid section of your body. And the tall version is designed to be looked through not over. I'm 6' and the screen is 5 inches too tall to look over. Going to a plastics outfit tomorrow to see if the can cut it down safely for me. Cheers, frank

Back