• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

BNS12 Dash Repair

Good post Todd.

When I had my troubles, before re-assembly, I removed all the rubber seals that were in my dash. I found that without the seals, there is plenty of airflow to disperse any condensation, which I would get regularly and now get none.

I also didn't bother cutting the extra drain holes. I thought not doing this would cause the dash to fill on the inside for sure, but no. I've ridden in torrential rain, washed the old girl with the hose on full and not a drop gets in.

I have had it apart for a look since and it all looks good. One thing I did do is spray both sides of the circuit board with a circuit board sealer so no further damage can occur if it is damp.

Just my experience. I'm not saying I'm right.

regards

Robert

Hi all, not to open a new thread.

The fuel gauge did not work on my Breva, the needle skipped, so I ordered a new stepper motor.

Yesterday the motor arrived so I decided to replace it today. I've carefully disassembled the dashboard, and replace the motor.

1614439599582 1614439599575

I've open an old motor and as you can see gearing was broken, so that was the reason why the fuel gauge was jumping.

During the opening I've noticed that this dashboard was opened before, lots of screws were missing and lots of rubber peace were added on the LCD flat cable (to make pressure on it).

There are some repairs visible on one part of the board (corrosion problem).

I've cleaned everything with the alcohol, all contacts were cleaned with the contact spray and I've connected the dashboard to the bike for testing.

After connecting it required a key code (I don't have it, and the ex-owner doesn't have it either, and he doesn't have a contact from the previous owner :sweating:). Luckily this was solved by disconnecting and connecting the dashboard.

I've reassembled everything and went for a quick ride. And now the troubles begin. After a few hundred meters display went completely blank, I've tried to turn off the bike, I've disconnected the dashboard, I've disconnected the battery. I've tried to leave it for two hours without the battery and connect it again. I've tried every trick in the book but still no good. Both keys are working, the motor is starting with no issues, everything seems to be okay, except the display.

Three times I've disassembled everything, but no luck.

Does anybody know where to buy a new display? Here is the marks from the flat cable of the display:

It seems that Aprilia Shiver, Pegaso, even SR 50 share exactly the same display, as well as Bellagio, Grisso, and other Piaggio bikes from that era.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 1614439599561.jpeg
    1614439599561.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 2
If it is what is on the end of that ribbon cable, I have one you can have. I think I have two actually but would need to check. I was fortunate to buy a brand new dash complete for £125. Mine had similar problems but I now have some spares.

I didn't notice any damaged track on the flat cable. Now I've disassembled once more complete dash and still nothing. I've removed LCD and, apart from those marks on the flat cable, there no more marks. :( I've tried to add tape from the above of the cable, just to make the connection tighter but it didn't help.

If it is what is on the end of that ribbon cable, I have one you can have. I think I have two actually but would need to check. I was fortunate to buy a brand new dash complete for £125. Mine had similar problems but I now have some spares.

If you can send me an LCD that would be great, I'll contact you in private. :)

P.S. Bike was crashed (previos owner didn't know) and this is how they fix the front light. NO wonder I couldn't adjust it....

Vilim. I have not herd of any LCD dispay failures. I think you are unlucky with this. Also the stripped cog in the guage motor. Not seen that before. I'm only aware of the corrosion problems from water ingress that causes the led lights to not work and for error codes to appear randomly. I will get the LCD in the post tomorrow. The Breva 1100 is a super bike. I have had mine since 2007. The engine has so much character. One of the very best as long as you keep the throttle bodies balanced and the throttle positon sensor reset correctly. Out of the 25 bikes I have owned, it is the one I kept the longest. I am selling mine now as 12 years with a bike is long enough. You are in the right place here. There are may who have great experiance with Guzzi bikes and are kind and willing to help.

I don't know what to think anymore. I was so happy because of the bike and now I'm starting to worry. I didn't want to go to the garage today.

Moto Guzzi was my first choice, few friends of mine are Guzzi owners, my father has had Breva 750, and Guzzi bikes do have that something what makes them so special for me.

I really hope that dashboard problem will be solved, so i can start enjoying the bike more. There is a long way in front of me,before this Breva will shine in full glory.

G'day all,
I was searching for dashboard tips for my 1200 Sport and this thread came up. I'm looking to put some conformal coating on the PCB of my dash, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting the chromed plastic surround off. Does anyone have any tips, or pics/videos of how to remove it?
Thanks for looking,
Steve

Back in the day there were a goodly number of dash failures of these, I think the main culprit was water damage. The LCD screens were not available separately and Carmo would just return the dash to you if had a bad screen.

When Carmo repaired mine they found the problem was corrosion due to moisture, they made the repairs and then put a double coating of some waterproofing material in there. It never had a problem ever again.

Carmo did repair mine with a failed lcd. however now the lcd's are no longer available so they just return the dash. Many folks had to buy a new dash/used dash for this reason.

I wonder what it would take to have a manufacturer make a run of these.

Back