• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bar end mirrors and sticker removal

Greg Brokenshire

Just got it firing!
Well, as George Costanza's father might say, "I'm back baby!" Former Guzzi owner here, took a detour through Triumph, and am now back on a Guzzi. I've got nothing bad to say about Triumph -- still have a soft spot for British and once-British bikes -- but this new V7III Stone S caught my eye and wouldn't let it go. Did a test ride and remembered how much I am a fan of weird motors! So, as of this morning I am the owner of #290/750 V7III Stone S. I'm super happy about it! I took a long, two hour route home from the dealer, and it was an 'effin blast to ride!

Just the facts:
VIN ZGULDU021LM000254
Purchased 3-27-21, LaMoto in Arlington VA.

View attachment 21743
View attachment 21744
Gorgeous!
How are those bar end mirrors? (its the first thing I'm thinking about changing on my V7 Rough)

Gorgeous!
How are those bar end mirrors? (its the first thing I'm thinking about changing on my V7 Rough)
Thanks! I like the bar end mirrors. They function well for sight lines, and honestly seem to be of a higher quality than I expected for OEM mirrors. I had thought I might switch out the handlebars for something wider and with a but more pullback, which would probably mean different mirrors, but I like this stock set up enough that I'm going to delay on that and see how it goes.

I purchased the same model back in January. It is still in storage with the dealer but I will take delivery in about 3 weeks after my vaccinations are complete- trying to be patient. Once I have the bike I'll post my photos as well. Congratulations and enjoy!
Congrats! It's a beautiful bike for sure. Two things: (1) If you're interested in such things there is a Facebook group dedicated only to the Stone S. I'll also tag @Lincoln and @Luca Alessandro . (2) As Lincoln said in another post several months ago, the tank is ridiculously easy to scratch. With his warning in mind, I tried to be as careful as I could taking the g-d tank sticker off, and I still scratched it a bit. I don't have a real heat gun but used a hair dryer to try to loosen the glue. I guess it was not hot enough because I was never able to get under the sticker enough to pull it off; had to scrape a tiny little fragment at a time, using the most flexible credit card I had and being as careful as possible, and it still scratched.

Congrats! It's a beautiful bike for sure. Two things: (1) If you're interested in such things there is a Facebook group dedicated only to the Stone S. I'll also tag @Lincoln and @Luca Alessandro . (2) As Lincoln said in another post several months ago, the tank is ridiculously easy to scratch. With his warning in mind, I tried to be as careful as I could taking the g-d tank sticker off, and I still scratched it a bit. I don't have a real heat gun but used a hair dryer to try to loosen the glue. I guess it was not hot enough because I was never able to get under the sticker enough to pull it off; had to scrape a tiny little fragment at a time, using the most flexible credit card I had and being as careful as possible, and it still scratched.
Thanks for the heads-up Steve. I will heat gun it carefully and report results. And thanks or the report of the FB group. I just requested to join. I plan to use some matte 3-M film on the tank for protection, but I know matte paints are fragile.

I just got a set of mirrors from a V7 Racer 10th anniversary which , I believe, are the same as the Stone mirrors.

I've got all of the right parts (according to the factory exploded parts diagram).

With the mirrors installed, I can grab the mirror by the arm and move the entire mirror back and forth. Does yours do this or are they tight on the bar end and only the mirror glass portion can be moved?

I've looked closely at everything and there doesn't appear to be a way to actually tighten up the mirror on the bar end as it's just a peg that fits into a hole. I think it's the tension coming from the side but I can't seem to get it tight enough.

If yours are like mine, then I suspect it's how Guzzi designed it but it doesn't seem right.

Thanks
james

I just got a set of mirrors from a V7 Racer 10th anniversary which , I believe, are the same as the Stone mirrors.

I've got all of the right parts (according to the factory exploded parts diagram).

With the mirrors installed, I can grab the mirror by the arm and move the entire mirror back and forth. Does yours do this or are they tight on the bar end and only the mirror glass portion can be moved?

I've looked closely at everything and there doesn't appear to be a way to actually tighten up the mirror on the bar end as it's just a peg that fits into a hole. I think it's the tension coming from the side but I can't seem to get it tight enough.

If yours are like mine, then I suspect it's how Guzzi designed it but it doesn't seem right.

Thanks
james
I can definitely move it (the whole assembly) forward and backward, but I don't mind that. It's tight enough not to move on its own but means it's a bit easier to adjust. At the same time, it also means that often when I take the cover off the mirror move a bit and needs to be adjusted.

I can definitely move it (the whole assembly) forward and backward, but I don't mind that. It's tight enough not to move on its own but means it's a bit easier to adjust. At the same time, it also means that often when I take the cover off the mirror move a bit and needs to be adjusted.

Perfect, thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if I had installed them incorrectly but it sounds like that is how they are supposed to be. Mine are the same as yours in that they do not move at all when I'm riding but I can move them fore and aft which does make adjustments easier.

james

Back