• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 C-S Suspension Thread

Hello. This might be a silly question but : Is it doable to install new shocks without a bike stand ? Switch the right side then left side while the bike is leaning on the bike leg stand)

Looking to finally upgrade/replace the front fork springs and oil. Ended up looking into the Matris V7 Fork spring replacement kit you have available on your page. What would labor look like for a swap like this? 5'9 195 lb rider.

Looking to finally upgrade/replace the front fork springs and oil. Ended up looking into the Matris V7 Fork spring replacement kit you have available on your page. What would labor look like for a swap like this? 5'9 195 lb rider.
Direct questions at me are best via email; Info at GuzziTech.com - in short, 1.5 hrs labor for the springs and valves with oil.

Direct questions at me are best via email; Info at GuzziTech.com - in short, 1.5 hrs labor for the springs and valves with oil.

Can't wait to get my front and rear suspension done. Just got to get caught up from the life of Covid, it's my next upgrade then!

Received my Matris shocks and fork kit from Todd today, got the shocks installed and WOW what an alteration to the bike… so much more planted, just night and day difference from the stock Olles on my V7 Special. Can’t wait to get the fork done!!

7D41ACD1 1830 4BD2 A822 23842F3A691C 8D268384 025E 44EB 95B0 A090EA5D445A

FYI--- I have Bitubo rear shocks with both rebound and compression damping on my 2010 V7 Cafe. For street use the shocks are a bit too stiff for my weight (190lb/86kg), but seem like a quality shock. Notably, I'm the second owner and assume that the shocks were originally ordered for a heavier rider.

Jason

FYI--- I have Bitubo rear shocks with both rebound and compression damping. For street use the shocks are a bit too stiff for my weight (190lb/86kg), but seem like a quality shock. Notably, I'm the second owner and assume that the shocks were originally ordered for a heavier rider.
Covered in this thread from post #1. Post a picture of the shock. They are likely the stock offering that came on the Racer model. If so, they are terrible. They aren't too stiff, it's that they have very limited travel, so that are most likely bottoming out for you at 190 lbs. I will not sell those, nor do I call them an upgrade. Sadly a handful of people purchased them thinking they were... thankfully not your $.

Post a picture of the shock. They are likely the stock offering that came on the Racer model. If so, they are terrible. They aren't too stiff, it's that they have very limited travel, so that are most likely bottoming out for you at 190 lbs. I will not sell those, nor do I call them an upgrade. Sadly a handful of people purchased them thinking they were... thankfully not your $.

Ok, here's a pic.

20210724 083300

Ok, here's a pic.
Yes, those are the stock offering as noted by Guzzi on the sticker. You can see how little travel they offer in your pic… note body bottom to rubber bumper.
8F658AFC 9D38 4E21 81F0 E02A3E109917

Ok, thank you for that information.

My total rear shock travel is ~1.563". So, I adjusted the SAG to ~32% of total travel, which seems to prevent the shock from bottoming out.

Jason

Hello There,
Does anyone have any specifics on how the shorter shocks affect the overall handling and characteristics of the ride? Not just positive or negative, I'm pretty confident in the quality, I would just like to know what I'm in for if I were to lower my bike.

I'm brand new to all of this, so if starting a new thread on this subject is not the etiquette, I apologize.

Thanks

I don't have direct experience with this but these type bikes generally benefit from raising the fork tubes 3/8 - 1/2" in the triple clamps. If you now lower the rear, you should again balance the bike by raising the fork tubes even further. The limit of course is when the front wheel or mud guard starts interfering with the front of your engine or bottom triple clamp at full compression. Other issues can be the length of the side or centre stand and ground clearance issues while cornering. A lower and narrower seat might be an idea.

Hello There,
Does anyone have any specifics on how the shorter shocks affect the overall handling and characteristics of the ride? Not just positive or negative, I'm pretty confident in the quality, I would just like to know what I'm in for if I were to lower my bike.
I'm brand new to all of this, so if starting a new thread on this subject is not the etiquette, I apologize.
I've combined your post with this entire thread dedicated to suspension for the V7 Mk I-II. I have a YouTube video in the first post here on how to do this properly. Always try a search and read a little before starting a new thread, as stated in the paragraphs at the top of each page load here.

Can anyone advise on lowering the fork from the yoke? Was thinking 0.8-1cm lower by loosening the yoke screws, pushing the fork legs up and retightening.

Is lowering by 1cm going to make a huge difference?

Thanks

Back