• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bitubo Suspension options for V7

I own a V7 III or V7-850 and...

• am content with stock.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • am very interested in upgrading, but am budget limited.

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • always upgrade suspension, regardless of cost mostly.

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
GTM is excited to offer the Italia-made Bitubo Suspension items for V7/9 models, and also available for almost every Guzzi for the last 50 years.

Cartridge fork kit: Like Matris, these are drop in, meaning no internal modifications needed, and fully reversible at any time. This kit lowers the forks 10mm (they figured this out this is a smart move too) for ~$599 and Shocks: Two simple options available for ~$499 -- stock length or +20mm.

Bitubo FK

Bitubo TwinsRbnd DrkEd

Awesome, I love that you're stocking so many options for suspension upgrades. May be interested in a set depending on their performance compared w/ the other offerings, along w/ if they're IFP design or not.

Last edited:
Hmm, I was pretty much planning on the Shock Factory’s 20mm lower option, and I may just wait it out. But any chance of getting the Bitubos 20mm lower?

Hmm, I was pretty much planning on the Shock Factory’s 20mm lower option, and I may just wait it out. But any chance of getting the Bitubos 20mm lower?
I'll find out, but likely not, as Bitubo is a large (more mass produced) company, so specialty isn't their forte. I'll find out for sure.

Hi Todd, I would be interested in a chromed pair of Bitubo shocks. Do they make a pair 360mm and if so, what is the travel on such a pair?
Either way, I will wait for your word on how good they are.
Thanks, Scott

Hi Todd, I would be interested in a chromed pair of Bitubo shocks. Do they make a pair 360mm and if so, what is the travel on such a pair?
Either way, I will wait for your word on how good they are.
Chrome is available (shown below) at stock length or +20mm only.

First set is installed (pic below). Will try and give review late next week.

3020361C 944B 4490 A39F 854852DA1815

33E09E09 1E86 4270 BA3D E11C9648B2DF

Any local SoCal V7 Mk III’ers interested in a fork and all black +20mm shock combo for an installation deal for some feedback here and online? I just got another set in. Ping me direct email; Info @GuzziTech.com

That is guys, I used these rear twin-shaft shock absorbers for my V7III and they are fine. I made preload adjustment since I weigh 67 Kg and of course I put extension on soft (as befits all cardan bikes). I would like to know instead how the front cartridges bitubo if I may ask.

otherwise the top should be these of andreani, I think they start from the bitubo and then customize them.

otherwise the top should be these of andreani, I think they start from the bitubo and then customize them.
They are very similar, though in my experience Andreani Ohlins has two major issues: One is that they require complete fork disassembly (destroying seals & occasionally bushings) and irreversible machining modifications to the fork tubes to fit them, and two, the damping rates were WAY too firm/harsh at the most minimal setting.
I offer both Bitubo and Matris cartridge kits, both of which are well proven and plug-n-play, as well as easily reversible to stock if ever desired… They’re also very good when built with our specs when ordered from us here; https://gtmotocycles.com/search?type=product&q=v7 cartridge fork kit*

How would you all compare the performance of the Bitubos vs the piggyback Bitubos vs the Matris? Any strong recommendations for casual street riding?
I would love to get an extension of 15 or 20mm.

These rear shocks will also allow you to fit the GIVI rear rack

Attachments

• IMG-20230510-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20230510-WA0002.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 9
Back