• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio Throttle position sensor replacement

Stella

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi guys
My 2012 Stelvio TPS needs to be replaced, I have the new unit and all the hardware/software to reset,just need some explanation on the best way to remove the original TPS out of the throttle body and press in the new unit.
Thank you
Rod

If it is like my Griso 11, and I suspect it is, just undo the two screws and lift it out . Install the new one without using force against any resistance to rotation. It is non adjustable unlike the earlier TPS units with elongated screw holes.
Re-set TPS electronically. Done.

Hi NordicNorm
Thanks for the reply, my Stelvio is a 1200 4valve,the TPS on mine appears to be pressed into place
Upload 2020 10 12 23 11 9

I was wondering about that as well as I own a 2012 Stelvio too.

I searched extensively and read anything on the web in Italian that I could find and nothing is written in any service manual or on any Italian Moto Guzzi enthusiast site about it. Not a single thing which is weird. I was beginning to believe that it’s not a replaceable part until I found photos.

It would be very interesting to see a few pictures of the new replacement unit to get an idea of how this might work.

I did find these pictures on an Italian site. They show the listed Moto Guzzi replacement part number 981010 and it looks like it’s pressed in from the top and held in by compression by those tiny metal tabs visible in photo 2.

Please share photos of yours too!

6C76A9EA 018B 4074 ABC6 C4A245EC7847
188916E0 B408 4F21 A266 512C312809BE
0304957E F032 44D0 9D40 00C1FE579D1F
E8E34A72 586F 42F0 98AE E5762DA7DA1C

Last edited:
Hi NordicNorm
Thanks for the reply, my Stelvio is a 1200 4valve,the TPS on mine appears to be pressed into place
I was wondering about that as well as I own a 2012 Stelvio too.

I searched extensively and read anything on the web in Italian that I could find and nothing is written in any service manual or on any Italian Moto Guzzi enthusiast site about it. Not a single thing which is weird. I was beginning to believe that it’s not a replaceable part until I found photos.

It would be very interesting to see a few pictures of the new replacement unit to get an idea of how this might work.

I did find these pictures on an Italian site. They show the listed Moto Guzzi replacement part number 981010 and it looks like it’s pressed in from the top and held in by compression by those tiny metal tabs visible in photo 2.

Please share photos of yours too!

View attachment 20682
View attachment 20683
View attachment 20684
View attachment 20685

I have the same unit P/N 981010 to go in my 2012 Stelvio, I just want to find out the best way to remove the original one w/o causing any damage.

Upload 2020 10 15 13 40 15 Upload 2020 10 15 13 40 44 Upload 2020 10 15 13 41 5 Upload 2020 10 15 13 41 35 Upload 2020 10 15 13 42 24 Upload 2020 10 15 13 42 56

Please be sure to take lots of photos to upload. I think you are the first Stelvio I have ever known to attempt this.

Good Luck!

I wish you had taken photos and posted them. Nothing adds to the repository of knowledge here like photos and videos.

Back