• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

High Altitude

sabre64

Just got it firing!
Hi guys.
I´m planning to take a trip to the venezuelan Andes in September for my birthday.
Once there the roads are between 10,000 and almost 13,000 Ft.
I wonder if anyone has ridden their guzzis to these heights.
I don´t see any MAP Sensor in my Stelvio. The other two bikes I own 2005 Honda Goldwing and 2008 Honda Varadero have a MAP sensor and I have had no problems there with them, just lack of power of course.
I Had a 2002 carburated Honda Shadow that used to have bad combustion due to lack of O2.
Maybe the Stepper motor will take care of it adding more air to the combustion system syncronized with the O2 Sensor. If so, what happens when the O2 sensor goes opened or closed loop, when throttle is half way and RPMs over 4 or 5 thousand
Why most cars and motorcycles have a MAP Sensor?

Just curious!!!!!!!!!!

Heck with the Stelvio, I'd worry about myself!

Just remember to, as soon as you can, get a little bag of leaves to chew. My daughter-in-law informed me that they really helped her grandfather when he was logging the high country in Peru -- and he was a native.

I sure could use some of those leaves myself now and again.........downside of getting old.

The ECU calculates air density based on barometric pressure and ambient temperature. A little crude, but it works. What you will notice is a loss of power at altitude. She will run OK.

As John says above, it works. Not only have a few friends been around the World on Guzzis (Andrea of Stelvio2Stelvio.it & Claudio of LongWalk.it), but I routinely can get my Stelvio to over 10k here in SoCal. Of course, having the Power Commander & AutoTune makes it a fully dynamic system - expensive but so worth it.

Thanks for the replies.
Regading with the leaves LOL, I know that in Peru they even have coca candy for sale and is legal.
I´ll post again once I´m back from that trip.

Back