• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V9 Opinions

I think the designers at Guzzi must have failing eyesight or alzhiemers........ This bike is butt ugly.
Argentinian-born Miguel Galluzi is in charge of the styling on all of the newer models.
Try a search on the Bellagio here on this Forum. You'll find much of the same thoughts you have. Sadly those of us in the U.S. cannot get a Bellagio, as it was never imported and cannot easily be brought in. Frustrating as I hear the motor is pure joy.
We'll see how my V7/820-Quattro-Valvole spins the dyno as to power here soon enough, and as soon as the new V9 arrives, I'll be buying one to tear it apart to see what can be done to improve it... maybe even looking into new 4V head production/feasibility.

I think the designers at Guzzi must have failing eyesight or alzhiemers........ This bike is butt ugly.
Why don't they listen to what the public wants?........ what the custom builders are making, a bigger version of the V7,........ how about this?

Would get my attention!

V940
20151112_144654_zps7wzye6ws.jpg

Would get my attention

Is it me or does the new V9 lineup resemble a hybrid combination of the Harley Davidson Street/Sportster series??

I might have missed some information, but there was no word about the Norge and Stelvio. I hoped to hear something about future plans for these bikes. I like the V7 scrambler, but why not as a V9? The V9 is certainly not usefull to make a new Le Mans. I'm a bit puzzled...

I think the comparison to the 80s Kaw LTD is about right. With that being said, I have 0 interest in the V9. For those of you who do want a power boost but don't like the V9, Todd's big bore/4v kits looks like they are the only real solution. At least somebody is listening! Thanks Todd.

Is it me or does the new V9 lineup resemble a hybrid combination of the Harley Davidson Street/Sportster series??
I agree, as do other Gizzistas on other forums. It is not a design direction I favour either. As others have pointed out earlier in this thread, having a scrambler or a V9 Racer would probably have been a better direction for Piaggio to capture and retain more market share.

Last edited:
rbm, I couldn't agree more. If I was in the market for something Harley Davidson-like, I'd buy a Harley Davidson. I appreciate when a company tries new things, but I really wish they kept the Moto Guzzi identity more apparent with the V9. It's almost like they used to "stand back twenty feet and squint" approach in order to see the Moto Guzzi identity.

*Side Note*
I have nothing against Harley Davidson as I do truly like some of their bikes, the Sportster Forty Eight is a good example.

Guzzi Marketing should take a page out of the Triumph marketing and Development book. They have just upgraded the classic styled Bonnie/thruxton twins from 900 to 1200cc's. Who wouldn't want a 900, 1000, 1200 or 1400cc V7?
Sad that Guzzi aren't producing one. That's why I (and many others) are doing home grown V7 styled Bellagios' Californias etc................... WAKE UP GUZZI !

Bella cafe zpswoyrfo3o

Bellagio cafe zpsovevoz1n

Bellagio 936 CR 02 zps1thy44cv

20151112 144654 zps7wzye6ws

Guzzi Marketing should take a page out of the Triumph marketing and Development book. They have just upgraded the classic styled Bonnie/thruxton twins from 900 to 1200cc's. Who wouldn't want a 900, 1000, 1200 or 1400cc V7?
Sad that Guzzi aren't producing one. That's why I (and many others) are doing home grown V7 styled Bellagios' Californias etc...................

WAKE UP GUZZI !

............ think about it. Honda Cb400, CB750. CB 900, Cb1100, CB1300,...... all look alike, share a lot of components, satisfy all segments of the bike buying (engine size) public. Tht's covering all bases isn't it?

I'll say it again. Wake up Guzzi !

........ for that matter, wouldn't a 750 Griso, 900 Griso, 1100 Griso, 1400 Griso work?just change the engine capacity and you have a bunch of different bikes that loads of people would want.

Not to mention the production cost savings, parts stockage cost avoidance, and QA advantages by sharing some assemblies and parts across the model lines.

watching the video for the new V9 is revealing; the hipster beardo twins pose on up to the bikes, grimace fashionably as they look over the bikes, (like they would know a clutch from a Carden shaft) throw a leg over, and the video ends...

I can't imagine the pronounced lateral ridge on those fuel tanks would be a great joy to have in contact with a knee...

I actually really like the look of the Bobber. Yeah has a bit of Harley 48 look to it but still distinctive MG. Much bolder than the diminutive V7, which I own a classic.
Not sure I can quite fathom the power specs though. MG basically redesign the entire engine, heads, valves, bore, stroke etc and only get a 7HP power and 2NM torque increase over the V7. Wasn't everyone predicting a 20HP increase up to at least 65HP anyway. Kind of disappointed in that side of things.

Now if you want to start a thread with the "Hit with the Ugly Stick" title perhaps you should look at that thing called the MGX-21 aka Bagger.

I agree..Look at Ducati, they are now coming out with a 400cc Scrambler. I rode the larger 800 version. What a blast good bike light and runs great. I may purchase one...

I actually really like the look of the Bobber. Yeah has a bit of Harley 48 look to it but still distinctive MG. Much bolder than the diminutive V7, which I own a classic.
Not sure I can quite fathom the power specs though. MG basically redesign the entire engine, heads, valves, bore, stroke etc and only get a 7HP power and 2NM torque increase over the V7. Wasn't everyone predicting a 20HP increase up to at least 65HP anyway. Kind of disappointed in that side of things.

Now if you want to start a thread with the "Hit with the Ugly Stick" title perhaps you should look at that thing called the MGX-21 aka Bagger.

True words from down under.

How is it that an independent like Todd & the fellow he has been working with on the 4 valve heads can make these machines look & run like real machines & piles of corporate dollars can turn out such fugly stuff. Don't anybody start going on about government emission standards either because that is just a small part of it.

I'll be taking orders as soon as the V9 arrives for either a V7/9 like shown below, and/or we are looking heavily into developing our own 4V head to fit the new motors. These will be brand new turn-key bikes. We'll offer a checklist of options in addition to the engine, like suspension, brakes and wheels, finishes, etc. Think of it as the early AMG days to Mercedes. Thoughts/comments?

GT V85

I'll be taking orders as soon as the V9 arrives for either a V7/9 like shown below, and/or we are looking heavily into developing our own 4V head to fit the new motors. These will be brand new turn-key bikes. We'll offer a checklist of options in addition to the engine, like suspension, brakes and wheels, finishes, etc. Think of it as the early AMG days to Mercedes. Thoughts/comments?

Sounds schweet Todd. Do it.

I'm thinking ahead.... East Coast Rep wanted????
Mike will be handling Mid-West, and I'm working on two more, one in the Northeast, and one in the Southeast.

Back