• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New seat question

Just sharing with folks as many look to alternatives. I went this direction on my V7. I still have my stock solo but replaced my 2-up with this. Like the more classic look with my retro looking bike. I hope to install my MAS Aluminum fenders this weekend which will clean up the back quite a bit while still retaining a fender-look which is what I wanted.

IMG_5763_zpshjvbvfhx.jpg

Has anyone been able to remove the strap on the stock seat? Mine is attached across the top of the seat and you can barely squeeze a finger under it on the sides. I was at the dealer recently and saw a V7 where the strap was only attached on the bottom of the seat, making actually useful for a passenger, and probably easy to remove. I had been thinking of replacing it with the factory comfort gel seat, but that 'Comfort Gel' label on the back makes it look like an ad for an shoe insole. What were they thinking???

I tried out my new Airhawk today, and the stock seat is more comfortable. With the Airhawk my seat and genitals felt crowed. Less free.
I know that when touring the seat becomes painful, so I'm keeping the Airhawk for that. It could work then.
But for day trips the plain stock seat is best.

Fleece, I just looked at the Airhawk website. Yea, the R version might work better.
I had been using the Cruiser Small.

Hawg, the sidecar would work. In addition to my "package" I've got this huge ego to carry (according to the wife).

I bought a small Airhawk "R" and it actually feels good.
Not good for sport riding, or jaunts around town, but it feels like it will ease the long treks to rallies and things.

Note that the small is almost too small. Just barely enough. And I'm an average guy on a V7, so there's not a lot to cover.
Some of you might consider the large then.

I got very sore after a 430 mile day, so I got the Corbin seat. Extremely comfortable! IMG 1039

Attachments

• IMG_1040.JPG
    IMG_1040.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1041.JPG
    IMG_1041.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 19
Agreed. Looks a treat. You might consider a cover for that seat from Todd. The AL sun really does a job on that leather. At the very least treat it regular with a GOOD UV protector.

The covers go on and off in a jiffy if the bike is parked all day in the sun.

The Norge is factory equipped with one of the best long haul seats in the industry. No need for upgrade/replacement - excellent support.

Comfort is not just to do with the seat - it is also a result of good footrest and handlebar positions. Personally I find the standard MG footrests a little too far forwards on my Stone - if they were further back my legs would take more of my body load so the seat cushioning would become less important.
AndyB

Gerry P has rear sets on his 15 Stone. I find them a bit more comfortable than the stock position. I'll do that to mine as funds allow.

As for the Norge seat: seats and screens are very individual. For this rider the stock offering is neither supportive or long haul comfortable for seating. Too soft, too low, and too much forward slope. This is the conclusion after 4000 miles.

My take on the Norge seat is the 207 seat I had was all almost all day/400+ mile usable comfort. The 2012 seat is maybe 200 miles tops. Either my posterior is getting soft or the new thicker softer seat is the problem. I'm going with the latter. I NEED to replace this seat. Just have to set aside the cash. I have not decided on which one to buy.

That Corbin seat looks good.
I find the OEM seat starts getting uncomfortable after about seventy miles. I'm beginning to understand why the biker cafes in the UK all sell sausage sandwiches. It adds to the padding.

1800 miles on my V7ll Special and that seat is still uncomfortable after about 70 miles. Either I need someone to massage my butt every 70 miles, or I'll have to change the saddle.
My biker buddies are unco-operative, so it looks like it'll have to be the latter.
I've read a lot of good things about Mustang seats, and they do a nice looking and affordable seat for the Bonnie. How about helping me to pressure them to do the same for the V7?

V9 for sure comes with a temporary makeshift showroom/test seat and the real two-part seat is in the OEM accessory catalogue. I don't know about other models, but at least with the V9 it seems to be the business model, it's not a 9000 EUR bike, if you remove all the place-holder-grade equipment and add the real ones (seat, rear suspension, levers, mirrors, luggage rack, flyscreen etc) you end up with a 13000 EUR bike. But I'm not complaining, it was quite obvious and I saw it coming, this kind of business model is pretty much the de facto standard in today's business environment. Exactly as when you buy a new laser printer, you get a test cartridge that gives you 500 to 1000 pages instead of the 3000 that you get from the next actual cartridge you buy (and which costs at least 1/3 of the original printer price) :)

Back