• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Passanger Frame Exhaust/Peg - Bolt Fell Off While Riding - Part Finder Help

Poppe

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Hey,

The lady and I were riding last night when the bolt that connects the piece that holds the exhaust / passenger peg to the frame fell off. We were just cruising a long and suddenly she started tapping me to let me know we need to pull over. This is only the 4th ride I've ever done with a passenger so I'm a little concerned since the bike only has 3300 miles on it.

How do I find this piece? Should I contact Moto Guzzi since the bike is still under warranty?

Here is a photo:

BlRLsfX.jpg

WL7im4D.jpg

The crazy thing is, it's extremely difficult to move. I don't even know if I'll be able to get it back on. It feels tight as hell.

I thought maybe these were the parts? http://www.harpermoto.com/parts-by-...trests-en-v7-special-stone-750-2012-2013.html. Specifically - Hex socket screw M8x16 and Washer 8,4X13X0,8

That's a fairly standard bolt and washer, you could retrace your steps on foot to try and find it. Early on, the side stand and centre stand on my Breva almost fell off, even now after 65,000Kms I routinely go over the bike and nip up loose nuts and bolts and put loctite on important ones. To refit your footrest just loosen all the other bolt and it should swing up into position, then apply Loctite and tighten.

I used 316 SS socket head cap screws, M8 Thread, 25 mm length, 1.25 mm pitch, on my passenger peg brackets. McMaster-Carr item 92290A432

Thanks. I'll check it out.

That's a fairly standard bolt and washer, you could retrace your steps on foot to try and find it. Early on, the side stand and centre stand on my Breva almost fell off, even now after 65,000Kms I routinely go over the bike and nip up loose nuts and bolts and put loctite on important ones. To refit your footrest just loosen all the other bolt and it should swing up into position, then apply Loctite and tighten.

That's a good idea. I definitely should let my laziness get the best of me. Just never thought to check some bolts, but it especially makes sense with the rattle of this bike.

As Kevin said, Loctite is good. Use the blue, 242 formula. The red, 271, requires quite a bit of heat to let go and If you ever need to remove it you don't want to be using a torch there.

Your dealer will have a box full of them, and will probably give you one. He may even fit it for free.

I'll give you one for free, LOL
I suspect you can fit it easily enough yourself ;)

PM me and we'll exchange contact info

If the passenger put their weight on the footrest with only one hangar bolt fitted the rotation of the bracket may have bent the exhaust. As others have said, loosen the other bolt - AND the exhaust clamp - then see if it realigns OK. Be careful not to tip the bike over or knock. It off the stand when you do this.
AndyB

Your dealer will have a box full of them, and will probably give you one. He may even fit it for free.

Thanks. I bought it from Escondido so that's a 2.5 hour ride south. Not bad, but not worth the trouble in most cases. I more asked the question just in that, I wasn't sure if bolts rattling off in these bikes was a common thing. On my way to my 600 service by the dealer, my exhaust clamp bolt dropped right off about half way there, so since this was now a new bolt but not the first, I thought it might be something I need to bring up with the dealer and make sure everything is sound.

I'll give you one for free, LOL
I suspect you can fit it easily enough yourself ;)

PM me and we'll exchange contact info

Hey. I'll message you. I picked one up and we are all good, but I see you are in LA. Just nice to meet another LA guzzi fan. I'm usually just riding alone, so good to message and pass information.

If the passenger put their weight on the footrest with only one hangar bolt fitted the rotation of the bracket may have bent the exhaust. As others have said, loosen the other bolt - AND the exhaust clamp - then see if it realigns OK. Be careful not to tip the bike over or knock. It off the stand when you do this.
AndyB

Got a new bolt. Got it back aligned. The stock slip on had slid pretty far which is why it had changed alignment. Once I pulled it back and tried to get it in place, it seem to really fit just fine.

ACE is the place for the helpful hardware man......

Thanks! I actually went to a mom and pop shop. They always seem to have the little things.

Back