• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Rizoma bar end mirrors install?

RandomGRK

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi all

Sorry I'm being that new guy with a million questions but the Guzzi isn't making things simple.

I purchased the Rizoma Spy R bar end mirrors and they came with the adapter kit. Issue is, the instructions offer nothing and I'm not sure how to install these.

The last image is what I did which I suspect is wrong since the gap seems huge. Anyone have any idea which pieces in which order I need to use? IMG 20170301 190417 IMG 20170301 183720 IMG 20170301 193423

If none of the spacers provided allow the proper clearance, I'd like to know so that I can be sure I provide one when I sell them here online.
I will be offering slider bar ends machined to proper spec for the Rizoma clamp on bar end mirrors.

If none of the spacers provided allow the proper clearance, I'd like to know so that I can be sure I provide one when I sell them here online.
I will be offering slider bar ends machined to proper spec for the Rizoma clamp on bar end mirrors.

I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out. I might be completely wrong but I've basically spent my evening researching this and it seems that there is a gap unfortunately.

This pic below is a different rizoma mirror (Spy Arm vs the Spy R which I have) mounted on a V7 and it has a gap. Pic taken from Af1. I found a pic of the spy r mounted to a Supersport and it seems the guy has some additional spacer which closes the gap

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170301-224027.png
    Screenshot_20170301-224027.png
    306 KB · Views: 38
  • null_zps2c76725f.jpg
    null_zps2c76725f.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 38
  • null_zps769981f4.jpg
    null_zps769981f4.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 39
Hi all

Sorry I'm being that new guy with a million questions but the Guzzi isn't making things simple.

I purchased the Rizoma Spy R bar end mirrors and they came with the adapter kit. Issue is, the instructions offer nothing and I'm not sure how to install these.

The last image is what I did which I suspect is wrong since the gap seems huge. Anyone have any idea which pieces in which order I need to use? View attachment 11651 View attachment 11652 View attachment 11653

From the looks of it, you've got it installed correctly. I had these mirrors on briefly a few years ago and from what I remember, I don't think I used Rizoma adapters. The supplied screws with the spy mirrors screwed directly into the old oem barweight holes. The adapter you posted looks like the type of adapter that would go into the ends of a hollow handlebar, and the screw would cause it to cam in place to secure it. Here's a few photos of it installed on mine, and there's also a noticeable gap.

IMG 0864 IMG 0867 IMG 0842 IMG 0862

From the looks of it, you've got it installed correctly. I had these mirrors on briefly a few years ago and from what I remember, I don't think I used Rizoma adapters. The supplied screws with the spy mirrors screwed directly into the old oem barweight holes. The adapter you posted looks like the type of adapter that would go into the ends of a hollow handlebar, and the screw would cause it to cam in place to secure it. Here's a few photos of it installed on mine, and there's also a noticeable gap.

View attachment 11659 View attachment 11660 View attachment 11661 View attachment 11662

Thank you for the pics.

Darn, for such a pricey product, would be nice if Af1 told us it has a gap.

How did they perform? Did you notice vibrations? The bar end portion is quite light compared to the stck bar ends so that has me worried. I love they way they look so if Todd is going to make a spacer with some weight to it, I'll be happy to keep them.

Thanks for the help all. It's supposed to have a gap according to the vendor. They provided the pic below...lame.

Attachments

• IMG_7047.jpg
    IMG_7047.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 52
Thank you for the pics.

Darn, for such a pricey product, would be nice if Af1 told us it has a gap.

How did they perform? Did you notice vibrations? The bar end portion is quite light compared to the stck bar ends so that has me worried. I love they way they look so if Todd is going to make a spacer with some weight to it, I'll be happy to keep them.

+1 - they are too expensive to fit like that.......

CRG with Rhino are perfect fit.

IMG_4685_zps1r24bccf.jpg

Return them and buy them from guzzitech at least he cares and will make the proper shim unlike your vendor.

Only reason I didn't buy them from Todd is because he hasn't got them listed. I can deal with the gap for the time being and if Todd releases the spacer when he stocks these, all will be fine. These mirrors look incredible and I'd love to keep them. I'm just worried about vibration since the bar end is so light compared to the stock one.

I installed both sides and it's not terrible. The build quality of these is just beautiful and suits the Racer so well. Going to ride tomorrow "weather permitting" and lets see.

Hoping Todd can make something to close the gap. Easily the nicest mirrors, sans the gap.

IMG 20170302 200506
IMG 20170302 200451
IMG 20170302 200540

If someone with a micrometer can give me some dimensions via email, I'll run a batch; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Since this thread now has the appropriate momentum for those following it, please post which Rizoma mirrors (and/or all other Rizoma products) you have already purchased or are interested in. I'm trying to figure out which Rizoma products to add to the online Store here.
I will be offering the bar end sliders to accept the Rizoma clamp on mirrors, where the mirror is slid on the bar end before it is bolted to the bars.

I'm using the Rizoma Reverse Retro mirrors with Rhino bar end sliders to mount. Works out great.
Hi Kyle - I purchased these for my old v11 sport. loved the look......had the hardest time clamping them enough to stay tight for an extended period. You got them good and secure without issue?

Hi Kyle - I purchased these for my old v11 sport. loved the look......had the hardest time clamping them enough to stay tight for an extended period. You got them good and secure without issue?
With the Rhino bar ends they work out great. Originally had them (the bar ends) screwed directly into the V7R threaded inserts. I switched out to some risers and drag bars so they now use the clamped in inserts. The mounting has remained solid. I bump the mirror itself fairly regularly so it will need re adjustment, but the grip on the bar end remains solid. It's just the ball joint adjustment of the mirror that moves.

The bar Rhino bar end sliders Todd has listed for CRG mirrors don't work, but they make one for this style clamp. I believe Todd can order them as well.

If someone with a micrometer can give me some dimensions via email, I'll run a batch; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Since this thread now has the appropriate momentum for those following it, please post which Rizoma mirrors (and/or all other Rizoma products) you have already purchased or are interested in. I'm trying to figure out which Rizoma products to add to the online Store here.
I will be offering the bar end sliders to accept the Rizoma clamp on mirrors, where the mirror is slid on the bar end before it is bolted to the bars.

Sorry, I don't have a micrometer.

With the Rhino bar ends they work out great. Originally had them (the bar ends) screwed directly into the V7R threaded inserts. I switched out to some risers and drag bars so they now use the clamped in inserts. The mounting has remained solid. I bump the mirror itself fairly regularly so it will need re adjustment, but the grip on the bar end remains solid. It's just the ball joint adjustment of the mirror that moves.

The bar Rhino bar end sliders Todd has listed for CRG mirrors don't work, but they make one for this style clamp. I believe Todd can order them as well.

I went with CRG Arrows (pic posted above). They don't look as cool in my opinion.

Back