• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 tool roll for touring.....who packs what?

timax

Tuned and Synch'ed
So im still only on my first tank of fuel on a new V7ll special so not up on what ill need for a 2 week tour.
Ill have my wife on the back so i have already contacted Todd about suspension.
Im starting to think about a small tool roll of escentuals.
So apart from my credit card what should i pack?

I once made a replacement ignition switch for my Jackal on the side of the Blue Ridge Parkway, though that did require my wife to run to a local hardware store for some toggle switches, spare wire, and a crimp tool/kit. But I'd already disassembled the windshield, neck cover and headlight sufficiently to know that's what I needed.

That said I rarely waste much room on tools these days. Seriously what do you think you're going to fix? Gonna bring OBDII cables and GizziDiag downloaded on a tablet, a set of sockets, wrenches, Allens, and a pocket DVOM????

Credit card, cell, and maybe water bottles and snacks if you might be somewhere deserted for a bit.

I also have a Special with spoked wheels. I picked up a tube patch kit, rim protectors, and a couple of levers (not too bulky). It would be tough to do on your own, but I usually ride with a buddy or 2 which would make the tube repair a bit easier.

Thanks for the replys .
I figured id need basically nothing especially on a new bike.
Just thought there may be some crazy titanium guzzi specific multi tool that an old Italian craftsman makes in his shed that i hadnt found yet.
Ill let you know if i do!
So a couple of alan keys taped to a tube under the seat and my leatherman will do for now.
Looking into puncture repair ideas now.
Thanks Tim:)

Better plan for that Andy,
Drink one of the bottles of wine ....or 2 to keep the weight even, then use the empty bottle.:)

Wal marts usually have small 12v compressors ,sometimes hidden in the bycicle section ,I got a "bell" for $15 its about the size of 2 CIG. PACs taped together. Also got a plug kit for less than $10 .these go w/me always. Plus an assortment of Allen & combination wrenches,1fit-all (crescent wrench),1 vise-grip ,a 6oz ball-pien w/handle cut down a screw driver w/interchangeable tips. Gotta have duct tape (tiny roll),elect tape,almost forgot needle nose pliers & fuses. Sounds like a lot but it fits in a bag about 10in.x 7in. Its a misc.tool bag from home ctr. More times than not I've used it to bail out others Oh don't forget the zip ties. &bottle opener+cork screw!

Back