• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Custom 1400 comparison

I test rode the Scout and it was a blast and if I could have another bike in the garage I'd likely pick up the new Scout Bobber. It weighs almost 200 lbs less than the 1400 and has more HP ... I remember telling people it felt like the sportbike of cruisers. Oddly enough it was the Cruiser of the Year the year after the Cali was.

It is a smallish bike though but at 5'7" it was fine for me.

I test rode the Scout and it was a blast and if I could have another bike in the garage I'd likely pick up the new Scout Bobber. It weighs almost 200 lbs less than the 1400 and has more HP ... I remember telling people it felt like the sportbike of cruisers. Oddly enough it was the Cruiser of the Year the year after the Cali was.

It is a smallish bike though but at 5'7" it was fine for me.
I had a Victory Octane all set up that I traded for my Audace. The Victory was very nice but it was spartan. No features, just a motorcycle. The motor was nice as was the bike but I prefer the Guzzi. It is more of a keeper. The Octane I choose over the Indian because of the tire sizes. I hate ballon tires. The Octane I could put proper sport touring tires on it.

E2D95A2F 26A9 45E8 BC4E 01C3C18FFD64 8FF0D731 E661 4046 B095 CF4B223F98DD

Totally agree the Polaris bikes are spartan in terms of features. When you consider that the Cali's have cruise control, throttle modes, abs, traction control, Brembo brakes, etc. it's quite a value when you take all things considered.

I still wish MG would correct the auto-cancelling signals to 4 seconds from 45 or whatever it is now. How dumb is that!

I bought my '15 Cali Custom At Seacoast in 2014, they are also a Ducati dealership, only been back a few times (first service and cracked rear fender mount under the seat under warranty), no dealer issues except they are very busy, advice is to make an appointment well in advance.

Thanks. I will see about using them while up there.

The way my bike is acting up not sure if I'm confident to ride it from Florida to Sturgis next year. Been one thing after another with this thing.

I had a Victory Octane all set up that I traded for my Audace. The Victory was very nice but it was spartan. No features, just a motorcycle. The motor was nice as was the bike but I prefer the Guzzi. It is more of a keeper. The Octane I choose over the Indian because of the tire sizes. I hate ballon tires. The Octane I could put proper sport touring tires on it.

View attachment 13925 View attachment 13926

Hey heyzeus,

I thought about an Octane pretty hard, but the tiny fuel tank is something I just couldn't get behind. Glad to hear you like the Audace better. It's a nice looking bike. Out of curiosity, did you trade your Audace recently? There's a used one at a California dealer that looks just like your setup.

So I’m a bike whore, what are you accusing me of. Lol, ya I have a problem and need intervention. I’m a bikeaholic. I promise cross my heart to keep the bikes in my garage this time for more then a year.

The Audace is a great bike. I just seem to always find another seat for my butt. I am not proud of my affliction. I am trying to stop & just be content. Then I see another and her sweet song sings in my ears. I shut off my heart and turn away from the one I love. I do this for the taste of the new ride. I am a sick man.

All joking aside the Audace is a great bike. I put a lot of money in her and she rode great. I thought I could down size, two bikes are enough. My original love machine my body can now enjoy again. So I traded her and my Triumph in for a new demo Multistrada.

I could not ride my old Multistrada after my accident. The new one is lower and much more refined. My bike pusher said just one ride you’ll like it. The first ride is free. Ahh that new ride. This is my third Multistrada in seven years. I can ride the new Multistrada without discomfort. The Audace was also fantastic but a different ride compared to my Multistrada. I will miss my Audace and she is is my top ten favorite bike list. A good bike she is.

The headers are Todd’s replacements. I put the Matris rear shocks on her. The bags and mounts are c-bows. The bike had all services done. The only thing I would have added to her would have been the 2017 bars, heated grips, and the multimedia kit. The stock bars put my damaged arm in a uncomfortable position on longer rides. The new bars are supposed to be more rider friendly.

As I always say I will have another Guzzi. Till then my friends.

I guess I'm just the opposite of heyzeus: Once I find a bike that suits me, I just want to ride it and nothing else. At that point, I don't even like test riding my friends' bikes. When I had three bikes, all of them setup the way I wanted, I would go nuts just trying to decide which one to take out on some days. Better to have just the one (or two, like when I had the LMV and sporti 850T), and to keep forever...

To the OP: Call it undeserved faith or a fool's fantasy, but in all the riding around the USA I did on Ducatis and Moto Guzzis once upon a time, I never once worried about whether they'd make it or whether I could find a dealer. On one trip with the LMV, the output shaft seal on the transmission went. I kept an eye on it and realized that it was leaking about a half-cup in a days riding. So every day on the way back, I'd top up the gear box and clean the oil off the right side of the rear wheel; fixed it when I got home after going to Colorado and back to CA. On another trip to Georgia, I called ahead and had a dealer there help me change the tires since I wore the ones on the bike out on the way there. On another trip a year later, the universal joint failed on the way to the MGNOC rally in Washington state ... got there, fought with the joint and bearing until new ones were in place (Thanks, Dave Richardson!) and rode away.

Nothing ever broke on the 850T on the road, ever.

I rode both those bikes around the USA up to six digit numbers and those were the biggest issues I ever had on the road. I still miss them. But Racer is doing its best to take a place next to them, and doing it very successfully. :D

I guess I'm just the opposite of heyzeus: Once I find a bike that suits me, I just want to ride it and nothing else. At that point, I don't even like test riding my friends' bikes. When I had three bikes, all of them setup the way I wanted, I would go nuts just trying to decide which one to take out on some days. Better to have just the one (or two, like when I had the LMV and sporti 850T), and to keep forever...

To the OP: Call it undeserved faith or a fool's fantasy, but in all the riding around the USA I did on Ducatis and Moto Guzzis once upon a time, I never once worried about whether they'd make it or whether I could find a dealer. On one trip with the LMV, the output shaft seal on the transmission went. I kept an eye on it and realized that it was leaking about a half-cup in a days riding. So every day on the way back, I'd top up the gear box and clean the oil off the right side of the rear wheel; fixed it when I got home after going to Colorado and back to CA. On another trip to Georgia, I called ahead and had a dealer there help me change the tires since I wore the ones on the bike out on the way there. On another trip a year later, the universal joint failed on the way to the MGNOC rally in Washington state ... got there, fought with the joint and bearing until new ones were in place (Thanks, Dave Richardson!) and rode away.

Nothing ever broke on the 850T on the road, ever.

I rode both those bikes around the USA up to six digit numbers and those were the biggest issues I ever had on the road. I still miss them. But Racer is doing its best to take a place next to them, and doing it very successfully. :D

Your right Godfrey, I have decided just that. I’m fairly new to Guzzi. Bought my 89 Lemans in 2014 and my 1400 in 2015 so getting familiar with the bikes and the brand has taken some time. I’m very confident in the 1400 and looking forward to the 4 corners of the USA tour. I just recently added Todd’s headers to complete a full exhaust system along with some of Todd’s remapping and it just improved the quality of the motors performance. It revs quicker and cleaner and runs cooler. It’s a great bike

Back