• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2015 V7 Stone Potential purchase

RICHARD LAZAR

Just got it firing!
I'm new to the Guzzi world and I did try to search for the answer but just got more confused. I've found a clean 2015 V7 Stone out of town I'm going to take a look at. I checked the VIN and it is a 2015 but was wondering if are all 2015's V7 II's. The owner said 'he thinks so' but the side covers don't say "V7 II" but just say "V7".

I know the easy way to tell them apart is if they are a 6 speed or 5 speed but did they sell both the 5 speed and 6 speeds new as 2015 models?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Richard,
2003 Bonneville
1981 BMW R100S
Potential 2015 Moto Guzzi V7

Hey Richard!
Welcome to the forum. I can't answer your question but I'm sure somebody will be along who can.
Like your choice of bikes & hope you can add a Guzzi to that list.

Richard,

If my memory is functioning correctly (well, it is 71 years old) in the US the 2016 and forward V7's (aka V7 II's and V7 III's) have the 6 speed transmission, abs and traction control. The 2015 (which I have) has the 5 speed and no abs, or TC.

Hope this helps.

Gerry

my 2015 is 1800 miles away from here but I swear it has the 6 speed so one of us old farts is wrong but it definitely isn't a II. the 16's have the engine cocked forward and the new 1/2 liter fill transmission but not all of the 2017 goodies.

Hi Richard,

There are three distinct feature for you to check if it is V7 or V7ii beside the side cover

1, your clutch arm at the rear of the transmission.

If it is a V7, the lever arm will be HIDDEN under cover & behind the bike.

If it is a V7ii, the lever arm is accessible from the side

2. If it is V7, will NOT have ABS light on near dash, V7ii, it "might have it" as I am not sure 100% V7ii has ABS or not.

3. If it a V7, your gear box oil fill cap will be from the side

If it is a V7ii, the fill cap will be on the TOP

Upload 2018 5 7 13 8 19
Upload 2018 5 7 13 11 34

my 2015 V7

Upload 2018 5 7 13 9 18
Upload 2018 5 7 13 10 44
V7ii from internet

Hopefully this helps

Tim,

Just gotta love that Guzzi Red on the V7.

Gerry

Ya, love that red for sure!...just my knee keeps on rubbing against the tank AND SMEARING the finish up...Really need to tank pad installed. :oops:

Actually this is the OEM 2 up seat...was surprised how well the seat it.

But I have read about KOF seat...one of the temptation to upgrade :p

The confusion is well justified. The V7II series are called model year 2016 in the US and Canada, but are called model year 2015 in Europe and elsewhere. I bought my V7II in the US in May 2015, even though it is listed as model year 2016.

Thanks for all the info, it helped verify that it is a V7 not a V7 II.

I went ahead and bought it, who can resist a red Italian. I sold my Bonneville but am keeping my BMW.

Love the bike and it doesn't have any issues so far.

Back