• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Considering an Audace or El Dorado

How many litres of fuel did you add after 220km?
The fuel warning light comes on with 5 litres in the tank,
enough for about another 75km.

I have 40,000km on my touring.
I ride mostly two up with full luggage.
Into a strong headwind at 110kmh, I have seen 9 l / 100km,
but the normal range is 6-8 l / 100km.
Solo at 100kmh returns about 6 l / 100km.

Stephen

How many litres of fuel did you add after 220km?
The fuel warning light comes on with 5 litres in the tank,
enough for about another 75km.

I have 40,000km on my touring.
I ride mostly two up with full luggage.
Into a strong headwind at 110kmh, I have seen 9 l / 100km,
but the normal range is 6-8 l / 100km.
Solo at 100kmh returns about 6 l / 100km.

Stephen
Thanks, nice info.
This was my first ride ever on a audace. I wanted to see how the riding position worked with my body etc. Grips pegs etc..
So a totally new bike zero miles, was registered on my behalf so I could test drive it.
So I did focus on riding it on different roads and speed.
I think the reserve tank kicked in and I went 15 km on it.. It had ONE dott left. Does not say so much but at least I could end up at the store with it.
But the total length I drove switched to focus on reserve tank, so a bit unknown when it did it.

But reading here and elsewhere it sounds like this fule consumption was more related to the first miles ever made on the bike. And avarage is 0.6-0.75 / 10km. And if you load up a lot then I understand the consumption increases.
But on my virgin ride with this one I was solo and no extra baggage.

So in totalt 220-235 including reserve.
On one ride.. Feels less than expected.

Are there any setup which might have been incorrect turismo mode wise or so?
Just fishing for a reason why it was so high as I might buy this one.

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks, nice info.
This was my first ride ever on a audace. I wanted to see how the riding position worked with my body etc. Grips pegs etc..
So a totally new bike zero miles, was registered on my behalf so I could test drive it.
So I did focus on riding it on different roads and speed.
I think the reserve tank kicked in and I went 15 km on it.. It had ONE dott left. Does not say so much but at least I could end up at the store with it.
But the total length I drove switched to focus on reserve tank, so a bit unknown when it did it.

But reading here and elsewhere it sounds like this fule consumption was more related to the first miles ever made on the bike. And avarage is 0.6-0.75 / 10km. And if you load up a lot then I understand the consumption increases.
But on my virgin ride with this one I was solo and no extra baggage.

So in totalt 220-235 including reserve.
On one ride.. Feels less than expected.

Are there any setup which might have been incorrect turismo mode wise or so?
Just fishing for a reason why it was so high as I might buy this one.

Thanks

Nothing to do with any setup that I can think of, more a rider and road thing. All I can think is that at the speeds you mention, 110-120 kph, on an Audace, you are going to have the aerodynamics of barn door, certainly if you go much faster. Many others counteract that by fitting some kind of fly screen to reduce the drag which I suspect will improve fuel consumption and make it easier for you to ride. You don't say what height you are, but I found the 2016 Audace straight boards too much of a reach, so fitted the 2017 bars (see here https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/handlebar-risers-for-audace.17004/ )

Nothing to do with any setup that I can think of, more a rider and road thing. All I can think is that at the speeds you mention, 110-120 kph, on an Audace, you are going to have the aerodynamics of barn door, certainly if you go much faster. Many others counteract that by fitting some kind of fly screen to reduce the drag which I suspect will improve fuel consumption and make it easier for you to ride. You don't say what height you are, but I found the 2016 Audace straight boards too much of a reach, so fitted the 2017 bars (see here https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/handlebar-risers-for-audace.17004/ )
Hi,

Well the speed at 110-120km/h was 60 out of the 220isch. So the majority was done at lower speed more less 70-90km/h.
But for sure, I saw some modifications where there was a screen added on audace. Small and nice... Will probably try to get a similar, if I buy one.
I'm 185cm long, so there you go.
But riding position was ok.
The clutch was fine but in the end I could feel the impact on the left hand. I have not driven a bike in 22 years. Looking forward for some bike traveling again.

Nice to know there is no setup that might fizzle the fule consumption.
I'll check for price tomorrow, see what they can offer me.

The fuel consumption of my Touring definitely improved after 10,000km.
The engine also likes to spin. If you are giving it some work to do,
the starting point should be 3,500 - 4,000rpm.
There is no actual 'reserve.'
The fuel sender starts the warning light and the 'counter.'
When there is 1 bar left on the fuel gauge, the warning light comes on.
When that bar is gone, the counter starts, telling you km since it started counting.
75km seems to be ball park.
I have run it dry at exactly 75km. (Had spare fuel).
If you still had 1 bar left, then you still had up to 75 km of range,
and potentially 5 litres of fuel in the tank.

The riding mode shouldn't affect the fuel consumption much.

Stephen

The fuel consumption of my Touring definitely improved after 10,000km.
The engine also likes to spin. If you are giving it some work to do,
the starting point should be 3,500 - 4,000rpm.
There is no actual 'reserve.'
The fuel sender starts the warning light and the 'counter.'
When there is 1 bar left on the fuel gauge, the warning light comes on.
When that bar is gone, the counter starts, telling you km since it started counting.
75km seems to be ball park.
I have run it dry at exactly 75km. (Had spare fuel).
If you still had 1 bar left, then you still had up to 75 km of range,
and potentially 5 litres of fuel in the tank.

The riding mode shouldn't affect the fuel consumption much.

Stephen
Aha, Thanks.
My first ride so I could have mixed up the details regarding when the bar was depleted vs when the counter started.
There were a warning light (fule wise) and the counter. Then in what sequence and I trust you on this. My attention was the bike and the trafic.

I think I'll do the same. Grab a load of extra fule and see fow far it goes.

The improvements after 10, 000 km sounds reassuring. 5 liters sounds good. Then even at worst case 50km should be there for sure.

Alrighty, I'll be back for more. See if I'm a Guzzi owner at the end of the day.
My colleague actually was borned nearby Lake Como in Italy.
I will fore sure take a ride there sooner or later.

Hi Again..
Alrighty.. A Carbon 2017 year modle Audace just ordered.
Zero mile, brand new, red cylinders.
Probably delivered next week.
I just love the look, it brings satisfaction and a inner smile no other bike gives.
Cheers

Hi Again..
Alrighty.. A Carbon 2017 year modle Audace just ordered.
Zero mile, brand new, red cylinders.
Probably delivered next week.
I just love the look, it brings satisfaction and a inner smile no other bike gives.
Cheers
Awesome.
:clap::clap::clap: Don't forget to post a picture. I'd love to get a look at that carbon model

Awesome

:clap::clap::clap: Don't forget to post a picture. I'd love to get a look at that carbon model
For sure, I'll add some pictures when it is home. :cool:
Will take a few days to make it ready so.. Mid or later next week I would assume I will be collecting the beauty.
Cheers
Br Henrik

For me it's the Eldo, but ultimately it's down to individual choice and ergonomics/use. Either way it's the Guzzi familia and everyone's welcome.
Made a few addition/alterations to mine and its almost there. Just a couple more big ticket items to purchase. :):giggle:

MG overproduced the 2016 Audaces. I am not sure about the Eldo, but the 2016 Audaces are basically half off original MSRP. They are new old stock, brand new out of the crate.

Back