• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

v7 III rev limiter?

I don't believe you can set the rev limiter.
You can only change the indicator of when to shift, not the same thing.
One just flashes the light on your dash the other stutters the engine so you can't over rev.

The V7III RPM limiter is pegged to 7200 rpm by default and can only be changed by changing the ECU map, for which you need special ECU map creation software and the tool to upload/download maps to the ECU. See https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-motocycles-v7-v9-ecu-re-flash-tool/ for the GT-Rx ECU Tool and talk to GT (Todd) to see what he can produce in terms of map options for you.

The RPM over-rev warning light is settable from about 4000 to about 8000 rpm by the user, in 100 rpm steps. See page 42 in the English version of the user manual under "Gear Shift indicator threshold" for a complete explanation of how to set it.

Guys, Dino is using my flash tool. He’s confusing the shift light with the rev limiter.
It’s covered on how to do that in this thread, and the owners manual. Just has to read a little. ;)

So past the break-in period of 900 miles, I adjusted the gear shift indicator to flash at 6,200 rpm (initially 4,500 rpm).

Does anyone know if this is too high? The bike is still on stock ECU and exhaust.

The brochure says 52 HP at 6,200 rpm and 60NM of torque at 4,900 rpm.

@Godfrey - I don’t think we can adjust the Gear Shift H, which is set at 8,000 rpm from factory... only the Gear Shift L
Is that screenshot from a Mk3 manual? mine does not seem to cover it.. last pic in chapter 2 is 02:25 :(

Actually once broken in I'd turn the shift light out or set it very high to not bother me. You will feel the time to shift, and the ECU will prevent going over redline.

Actually once broken in I'd turn the shift light out or set it very high to not bother me. You will feel the time to shift, and the ECU will prevent going over redline.
I set it to the point just beyond max torque.. sound like a good point to get a shift warning..

I'm happy about the 7200 hard limiter. Since fitting the Agostinis and a customized ECU map, once past break-in Racer will speed past the 6500rpm redline warning flasher faster than I can shift in the bottom four gears, never ceasing to pull hard. It's only in 5th that I can really feel the pull reduce a little once past torque peak, and I haven't yet found enough room and empty road to explore redline or beyond in 6th. :D

Racer may not be state of the art fast, but it's fast enough for me.

Thank you!

Having set the gear shift indicator to 6,500 rpm and with access to 4,000-5,000 range (I believe since theres no tach) make a whole of difference.

Just a little observation from riding in the city:

1st gear - 0 to 40 mph (0-30 mph is normal, really pulls from 30-35 mph, then dies down 35-40 mph where indicator light would come on; prior, rev light would come on at 25 mph)

2nd gear - 35 to 50 mph (30-40 mph is normal, pulls from 40-45 mph, and dies down 45-50 mph where indicator light would come on; previously, 35 mph)

Haven’t figured out the rest yet. But it seems that whatever speed limit I was used to for that gear, it is happy to pull 5-10 mph above that before having to shift up.

1st - 25 mph to 30-35 mph (gear light indicator set at 6,500 rpm lits up at 40 mph)
2nd - 35 mph to 40-45 mph (@50 mph)
3rd - 45 mph to 50-55 mph (60 mph?)
4th - 55 mph to 60-65 mph (70 mph?)
5th - 65 mph to 70-75 mph (80 mph?)
6th - do we need one?

In 6th gear my V7III racer reached 114 mph carrying 220 lbs. It equiped with GTM ECU re-flash and GT muffler. It wanted to go more but had to put the breaks on.

Last edited:
Latest finding:

1st - 0 mph to 35 mph
2nd - 35 mph to 50 mph
3rd - 50 mph to 65 mph
4th - 65 mph to 85 mph
5th and 6th... haven't ridden any faster than that.

My Guzzi still has stock ECU and exhaust, will be upgrading to Todd's ECU remap and am thinking of K&N air filter and GP-slip on megs exhaust. I set the rev light to come on at 6,500 RPM.

Back