• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Early V7 Radial Tire Thread

Some of the Euro tire companies have the pride/arrogance that their tires are perfectly balanced (always mark the rim’s heavy spot). Always a 50/50 shot in the dark. I have had some luck of using the visible seam (if seen) or the bar code labels if embedded on the inside of the tire as the mark.

I just finished installing my tires last night.
Putting tires on by hand in front of a gas station is a major pain in the ass.

Need new tyres for Stone iii and just checking on the options:
Bridgestone B45
Conti RA3 (radials)
Pirelli MT-60's (front radial and rear cross ply)
Stock Demon Pirelli

Is there any consensus on what's best? Mostly to be used for urban runabout/commuter/

Bridgestone B45
Conti RA3 (radials)
Stock Demon Pirelli

Is there any consensus on what's best? Mostly to be used for urban runabout/commuter/

I'm completely delighted with the set of Conti RA3 tires on mounted on Kinesis Tubeless spoked rims that Todd and I set up last Spring. I went for the 80 aspect ratio series front tire alternative ... wider tread and a higher performance rating than the OEM fitted 90 aspect ratio series tires.

The stock Pirelli Demons are pretty crappy in my opinion. No experience with any other tires.

Bridgestone B45
Conti RA3 (radials)
Stock Demon Pirelli

Can't tell you about anything but Conti vs Stock. It's night and day. My RA3's are brilliant and actually some times give me too much confidence on my bike where as my Pirelli's always felt vague and loose. The biggest thing for me as a runabout/commutter was on the freeway where there would be bumps and dips and lines about, this would cause a "squirrelly" feeling on my bike where it almost felt like it was dancing back and forth. With the RA3's it really subdued all that. They are a blast to run on this bike and confidence inspiring.

My dealer recommended sticking with the stock OEM Pirellis on account of the system needing to be reset by riding for a mile at the same speed - not easy in the centre of London...

My dealer recommended sticking with the stock OEM Pirellis on account of the system needing to be reset by riding for a mile at the same speed - not easy in the centre of London...
I stand corrected. On V7’s with TC, see below/attached. I’ve never had to do this with any tire replacement of similar sizes. Only when tire pressures are low, which is a good indicator, does the TC step in early. All said, I personally ride with it off always.

F1C5D4B3 DBB6 4169 B684 B81908DC40E8
3F6DBEF1 8C60 48BC A849 051933689FDC

I believe that the V7 TC system needs to be reset even if you use the same brand/model tires.

Huh. I"ve never calibrated the MGTC system, either when the bike was new or when I switched over to the Conti RA3s. It seems to work just fine, activates when I expect depending upon whether I have level 1 or 2 selected, etc. ??

Huh. I"ve never calibrated the MGTC system, either when the bike was new or when I switched over to the Conti RA3s. It seems to work just fine, activates when I expect depending upon whether I have level 1 or 2 selected, etc. ??
Well, for all I know, you may not need to re-initialize the MGTC on the later models, but for my V7II, the manual states that it must be done after any tire change.

Well, for all I know, you may not need to re-initialize the MGTC on the later models, but for my V7II, the manual states that it must be done after any tire change.
The V7III manual says to reinitialize the TC after any tire change as well. It makes sense, the technology does complicated math based on wheel revolutions.

I imagine that if you don't reinit, it'll *mostly* work, but there's really no way for you to tell for sure if it isn't quite working as it should.

Ive read posts that complain of overly touchy TC, for example activation in corners. I suspect that at least some of this misbehavior is due to the need for re-calibrating the TC system as indicated in the user manual.

Back