• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Early V7 Radial Tire Thread

Just came across this video of a v7 race bike. It's in italian and he mentions tires around the 2 min mark. Can anyone translate to identify tires used?

I tried to get a set when I needed new rubber but couldn't get them in Australia.
I ended up getting Bridgestone BT45 these tyres are heaps better than the Sport Demons.
So the radials I'm sure will be the ducks nuts on the V7:)
Hi Jeff, I have V7II Racer and find the sport demon to be rather unreliable. I am looking at the BT45s. Any advice welcomed here in Hobart.

I sure do like the looks of the Kineo wheels! Do they make a noticeable difference in ride/performance?

Mmmmmm.... not sure. Theoretically, yes, by eliminating the need to run tubes. As I understand it, that means there is a difference that comes into play when tire heating is an issue. But there's usually a lot going on to grab one's attention under those circumstances. ;)

That said, the ability to run tubeless is a huge advantage and convenience, in my opinion.
And I agree on the look of the rims!

So I am reading quite a bit here about the need for tubes in radial tyres on spoked rims, however on another forum I have been informed that modern spoked rims, including those on the V7II racer, are now sealed and there is no need for tubes. Any comments welcomes?

So I am reading quite a bit here about the need for tubes in radial tyres on spoked rims, however on another forum I have been informed that modern spoked rims, including those on the V7II racer, are now sealed and there is no need for tubes. Any comments welcomes?
Some are sealed, others aren't. I don't have a V7, but as I recall the V7 does not use the sealed spoke rims, likely due to cost. Other Guzzi's do use them, like the Stelvio.

Some are sealed, others aren't. I don't have a V7, but as I recall the V7 does not use the sealed spoke rims, likely due to cost. Other Guzzi's do use them, like the Stelvio.
Thanks very much for the reply. The guy that told me this had it done on his racer and it was apparently the bike tyre shop that advised him he didn't need tubes, actually asked him why he wanted tubes, as there was no need for them. So he doesn't run tubes on his racer with original spoked rimes???? Sadly, I can't find that damn post :( Murphy's law :( Anyway, just putting it out there. After following this thread, I am interested in the Conti RA 3's.

I went with the V7II Stone because I didn’t want tube tyres also wasn’t a fan of the shiny fuel tank on the racer.
So my bike is basically a black racer ;)

A friend of mine that I ride with rides with tubeless radials on his "modern" spoked rims on his BMW. He has never had any issues (when we've ridden together), but he did install radio transmitter tire pressure guages that communicate with an app on his phone to make sure that he is maintaining adequate tire pressures. He has has one of his rims loose pressure on another occasion.

A friend of mine that I ride with rides with tubeless radials on his "modern" spoked rims on his BMW. He has never had any issues (when we've ridden together), but he did install radio transmitter tire pressure guages that communicate with an app on his phone to make sure that he is maintaining adequate tire pressures. He has has one of his rims loose pressure on another occasion.
Thank you for the information. Much appreciated. I have been told by another magnificent Guzzi rider that he has used Conti RA3s on his V7 with original spoke rims without tubes for over 12 months without a problem. I think this is useful info given the other opinions on this thread regarding spoke rims and tubes???

Hody if your going to run without tubes make sure you cover the centre of the rim inside with
something like in the video.

In the SuperMoto world it is common to seal a tube rim with silicone goop and duc tape. They then run tubeless tires without tubes. It does work, but you do have to pay attention to it and replace the goop and tape if it starts to get old.
The tubeless rims Todd sells are a much nicer way to do it. But it can be done either way.
But if you were to run tubeless tires without tubes on a stock tube wheel without doing something to make it work it would probably be a problem.

Many (all?) of the modern BMW spoked wheels (12+GS in particular) are cross-spoked wheels with the spokes in the wheel flanges (not in the air chamber like MG).

Back