• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Fuel Indicator and countdown

Redcad

Just got it firing!
Owners manual (page 72) states fuel light will go on when low. When it does, the trip odometer goes into a count down (really a count up) in "miles". What the heck does it mean?

137 miles (trip D odo) 2.7 gallons and "251" on the trip odometer.
I love everything about their motorcycle except this; perhaps my ignorance is showing. 20190509 142142 .

It just tells you how many miles you have covered since the light activated. The sooner you pump, the less likely you are to push.

It just tells you how many miles you have covered since the light activated. The sooner you pump, the less likely you are to push.
That's what I thought; but it ticked off miles like a clock. So it showed 250 plus miles when all I did was 34 miles.

My Norge works the same way. It would be far more useful to know how far you can go until empty. The way it works, you need to know how far you can go before you run out of gas when the light comes on so you can count down on your own.

137 miles and it showed I did 251 since the light went on. 338 total miles? I don't think so.

I always reset the trip odo on every fill, even cars. But just when you need it, it goes into a silly count mode (and mine obviously does not work). So if you rely on TRIP D, even that won't work if you have filled since the start of the day. Moronic.
Love the outside temperature and gear selector. But do we really need average and instantaneous gas mileage when there is not even a fuel gauge (my Triumph Street Triple) or miles to empty (my T100)?

I have 4 bikes with plates on them, and the Moto Guzzi is the only I want to ride! I guess I will have to unnecessarily fill up more.

there are 2 trips. one you reset and the other resets when you start it up the next day. the countdown (yes stupid I know) starts when the low fuel light comes on. normally about 1.3-1.6 gallons left on the 1&3 V7.

Well the V85 has an indicator of distance left before all the fuel is gone. But it's a liar! It might say 150 kM to empty, ride another 20 kM and then it says 80 KM to empty.

Now I'm not bad at mathematics, so there's something wrong here. I will be asking the dealer to check it out when he resets the spanner on the dash, but I'm not holding my breath.

My Triumph Sprint had a countdown from start up to "walking". Filling it up would show 200 miles to the next gas stop. Only managed to burn an entire tank between stops ONE time.

The count up on the Griso is a little weird..... but once the light comes on I switch into Grampa mode, and putt-putt. Computer gives me an idea how far I can push it til I have to push it.

I carried a 5l can of fuel with me for 4 trips and ran mine out of fuel each time. It gave me a rough idea of how far I can go on a tank. As someone else said, that depends on the flexibility of your right wrist.

All automotive instruments (especially Italian ones) are only for a rough guide. You need to get used to what yours mean.

I carried a 5l can of fuel with me for 4 trips and ran mine out of fuel each time. It gave me a rough idea of how far I can go on a tank. As someone else said, that depends on the flexibility of your right wrist.

All automotive instruments (especially Italian ones) are only for a rough guide. You need to get used to what yours mean.

Not good to run out of fuel. It can precipitate fuel pump failure.

As soon as I can (it's 100 degrees here), I am going to see if I can reset "TRIP D" on the roll when the light goes on. If that does not work, I will just leave the temperature on and get some fuel! :smirk:

Back