• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

UK V85TT Meeting, NMM, Solihull, Saturday 19th October.

Chris Jessop

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
A bit of fun before the dark and cold Winter period arrives, an informal meeting of V85TT’s at the National Motorcycle Museum on Saturday 19th October. Arrive between 11.30 and 12.00 noon, have lunch in their restaurant and, if you wish, visit the their superb collection of British motorcycles.

All Moto Guzzis are welcome of course, but the V85TT model will be centre stage.

Museum website; http://www.nationalmotorcyclemuseum.co.uk

If you’ve not been before: http://www.nationalmotorcyclemuseum.co.uk/visit-us/getting-here-parking/

You're bringing tears to my eyes. One of the greatest days ever was my trip to NMM a couple of years ago on vacation. Slippery Sam indeed! Wish I could be there. Have a great time.

Dale, we've held many events at the National Motorcycle Museum over the years. A few pictures from an event on the 14th July 2018. I used to have a T160 Trident so I'm partial to British triples.

IMG 0198 IMG 0199 IMG 0193 IMG 0656

Trident 3 Chris, thanks so much for posting. We are kindred spirits - besides my love of the UK, I too owned a T160 Electric Start Trident. Bought it brand new while in college in 1976 as a leftover, then kept it for 25 years. I never should have sold it. Regrets to this day.

Please post photos of your meet.

Dale, great picture of your T160, thanks for posting. I wish I'd never sold mine.

I will post pictures of the V85TT meet. The long range weather forecast is good for Saturday 19th October so hopefully it'll be dry and we'll have a good turnout.

Derek, thanks for your help with publicity.

We've emailed all UK Moto Guzzi dealers and Piaggio UK. All that remains to do now is sit back and hope for good weather next Saturday.

V85TT Meet Poster

Attachments

• V85TT Meet Poster.pdf
    403.5 KB · Views: 4
Hi Chris, Yes, I put it on the V85 Facebook group page, but just a couple of guys saying sorry they can't come - no confirmations. Anyway I will turn up and see what transpires.

Derek, we've had a couple of V85TT riders confirm that they're coming and other Guzzi riders have expressed an interest. I'm sure you won't have a wasted trip.

Derek, no problem, we'll be holding another V85TT meet next Spring at the National Motorcycle Museum. It will have a lot more notice. We weren't sure how successful today's meet would be given the fact that it clashed with two major motorcycle events here in the UK, but it was well worth the 220 mile round trip. We thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Although there were only four V85TT's it was good to have the opportunity to talk with other owners. I certainly learned a few things. The weather gods were smiling on us and apart from a bit of early morning mizzle in Yorkshire, the day was dry and mostly sunny.

We didn't have time to look around the Museum's collection today so I just took a few pictures of the machines in the foyer.

IMG 1908 IMG 1901 IMG 1904 IMG 1902 IMG 1905 IMG 1919 IMG 1922 IMG 1923 IMG 1925 IMG 1929 IMG 1914

What could be better? New friends, beautiful day, beautiful bikes, beautiful place. Thanks so much for posting the T160. Made my day.

Dale

Dale, you've summed up the day nicely.

That T160, which is 'new old stock' and unregistered, is the first prize in the NMM's latest raffle. I have a ticket and the draw is this coming Saturday 26th. I'll let you know if I win it!

--------------------------------------------

Dale, further to above, this coming Saturday 26th is the NMM's Live Event. One of the highlights is Alex George being re-united with Slippery Sam.

Attachments

• NMM-Museum-Live-Oct-2019.pdf
    729.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back