• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Windscreen for V7 III stone

John Verburg

Just got it firing!
Greetings, has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with a windshield for a V7 III they would to share. I am looking to install one before winter, since a screen can make riding a LOT more comfortable in the winter. When temperatures drop below 50 or so even an added 20-50 MPH windchill can make a huge difference.

I have a Givi bar-mounted one. Not a huge screen but make a massive difference especially on longer/faster trips.

Has anybody made a comparison of these - as far as I can see, the options are the Dart Marlin (£90), the Guzzi OEM (£165) and the above mentioned Givi which I cannot find a price for.

I am also thinking of a small screen. I am debating between the Dart Marlin and the Dart Piranha. Does anyone have good pictures of either?

Second question, does the Piranha offer much wind protection? It looks quite small.

I have the Marlin on my Griso, and my brother put a Piranha on his -- now my -- V7 III.

https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/body-n-bags/category_dart+model_v7-iii?sort_by=best-selling

IMO, neither provides much if any "weather protection," but both do a surprisingly good job of "smoothing" the air before it hits me.

In other words, in rain, you'll still get wet :giggle: ... but otherwise, the fatigues that comes from long rides at speed is, IMO, certainly reduced.

Moreover, both give almost complete protection to the instrument pod.

Finally, of course, as in all things, but especially in windscreens for all types, brands, helmets, motorcycles, and -- in particular, riders with varying trunk sizes, etc. -- YMMV.

Bill

I’ve just finished fitting a Cali 2 screen on mine. I kinda like it what do you guys think, is it hideous.
I think I like it. I might look at doing the same as I have a few long trips planned int he next couple of years and some better protection would be nice.

Was anything customized to make it fit? Or straight bolt on?

Also did you buy the screen for this use, if yes, then where, please?

Last edited:
Yeh I bought the screen for this and I got it from stein dinse it was about £80. The mounting brackets were fabricated by myself to adapt this screen to the bike, there was a fair bit of work involved but it’s doable if your a half decent machinist and can weld. I glad someone else thinks it looks alright I really don’t like the look of screens but I think this has a classic look to it and suits the bike pretty well

Thanks for the info. Those have got to be the nicest custom mounts I have ever seen.

Unfortunately I am not a machinist or welder at all. So that option is out.

Thanks for the compliment a lot of work went into them. I’m sure if it was a route you wanted to go down you could find a fab shop near you who could make some mounts up for you. I’m working on a stainless pannier rack to match the screen brackets a t3 style stainless grab rail and a custom touring saddle at the mo. I’ll post some pics when I’m done.

I’ve just finished fitting a Cali 2 screen on mine. I kinda like it what do you guys think, is it hideous.
It's both hideous and undeniably evocative.
I can imagine that this bike looks good cruising down city streets.
I really like it!

Superb craftsmanship on the mounts, BTW!

F79A4A18 9E5A 4436 966E 5E2D62BCC550
Has anybody made a comparison of these - as far as I can see, the options are the Dart Marlin (£90), the Guzzi OEM (£165) and the above mentioned Givi which I cannot find a price for.

Hello,
Where did you find the Guzzi OEM piece listed ?
What Im looking for looks Very similar to:
2S000732 OEM V9 Windscreen
but maybe a bit taller ?
Any L x W on that V9 screen will it fit on a V7 ?

Is it the same as this cracked one ? ;(
About 14 high x 20 wide wrapped - I’m looking for a replacement.

Thanks,
Don

Last edited:
I've been running the Givi and am quite happy with it, decent protection/noise compromise and fits the bike well. I have a little green flyscreen that I would part with, uses stock mounts and comes with a shortened stock screen. 513B6E5C FDFB 4C7F 9DA3 ED1D6402CBB9 26AC79B9 AAE1 4076 B29F AEF26BF07112 1A655032 B040 430C 8A57 2EC56A3A6FB9

Last edited:
Hi Pepe,

I found just the plastic, it’s on it’s way.

Was the green screen on that bike, matching colors, looks good with the green stripes.
There’s no saying, “ Was that you I saw the other day ?”

What did you use on the wheels ?

Hi Pepe,

I found just the plastic, it’s on it’s way.

Was the green screen on that bike, matching colors, looks good with the green stripes.
There’s no saying, “ Was that you I saw the other day ?”

What did you use on the wheels ?
Yes, I had cut it down a couple of times, still thought it was too noisy and got the Givi, turns out the source of the noise was my earplugs. I might put it back on if no one wants it. 0CB3E883 071C 4CE1 8792 045A8D3264F5 I had the wheels powder coated when I wore out my Sport Demons, that was as close as they could come to the stripe color.

Back