• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM v2.0 Fender Elim Kit

Thanks for the the reply I appreciate it. I did see the description. After reading the description, I wanted to clarify 2 things:

1. when you click v2.2 the picture doesn't show turn signals. If they are pictured, the brackets weren't obvious to me.

2. "v2.2 Is for the Special or Anniversario III for use with the stock grab rail and LED brake light, and includes stock turn brackets." Wasn't sure if the phrase "for use with" applied to LED brake light. Or whether I should assume the LED brake light is included, as with the v2.1.

2.1 uses the circled brackets for turns (without grab rails):

2813E9AD 62E6 46B2 ABB6 A004A61CD379

2.2 comes with the brackets below, for use with stock turns with grab rails. The one on the page has mPins, so the brackets aren’t needed or used.

B634B041 1E62 4CEF B4E4 01D050B0A226

2.1 uses the circled brackets for turns (without grab rails):

2.2 comes with the brackets below, for use with stock turns with grab rails. The one on the page has mPins, so the brackets aren’t needed or used.

Thanks very much for the clarification!

Lastly, the round LED brake light is included with the v2.2 right?

I just got the kit myself, v2.1 for V7 III Carbon.

Overall the quality is good, wish it was a bit lighter. Decided to write the below notes from the trials with installation.

It took me around 2.5~3 hours and I would say it is way easy to moderate effort for installation, had to fiddle around with couple of items for the correct fitment, ended up with modifying a bit the fender kit as once installed, I couldn't fit the seat back in due to the round lights interfering with the seat, so I drilled 2 holes as below to allow for easier removal and installation of the seat in the future, a bit of effort to drill through 3 mil of plate, picture below.

IMG 0158

The 2nd tip, is to use to original harness instead of the aftermarket, as I wanted to keep everything stock in case if I wanted to revert back to the original setup and as well to eliminate any unnecessary modifications or cutting through the original wiring harness.

The Original wiring harness has 8 leads, below is the wire colors:
2x Blue in female connector - Ground
1x Yellow/Green in female connector - Brake (+)
1x Yellow in Female Connector - Tail Light (+)

Right Signal
1x Red in mini connector - Hot (+)
1x Light blue in mini connector - Ground (-)

Left Signal
1x Dark blue in mini connector - Hot (+)
1x Light blue in mini connector - Ground (-)

IMG 0145
The Round LED light has 3 wires un-terminated (no connector installed)
1x Black - Ground (-)
1x Yellow - Brake (+)
1x Blue - Tail Light (+)

What I have done was to install 3x Male Connectors to each terminal for each wire in the Round LED. since the connectors from the wiring harness are all females, so they would easily clip in.

IMG 0149
IMG 0151

With the original harness being used and using male connectors on the round LED lights, no more modifications are required and now it is more of plug and play setup.

In order to get all the stock connectors out of the lights, the tail/brake lights need to be taken apart, along with both turn signals. If you intend to use to the original turn signal as I did, I removed the extension part for each turn signal, the normal screws will be too long and you will need to find 2 other screws with nuts to install the turn signal into the fender eliminator..

Another tip as I have done that mistake, When installing the fender eliminator and the wiring harness, keep the wiring harness on the top of the fender eliminator (beneath the seat), with the Round LED light it will be connected easily after the male/female connectors mated, the turn signals will need to be routed from the 2 drilled holes in the fender eliminator

IMG 0159

And End Results

IMG 0166

What I would recommend overall:
1. Include couple of male connectors in the installation package
2. Increase the rail length or drill additional 2 holes where the tail light to be installed, for more flexibility of installation especially when trying and fitting the seat back on.

Overall, I like how clean it looks and tidier than stock.

What I would recommend overall:
1. Include couple of male connectors in the installation package
2. Increase the rail length or drill additional 2 holes where the tail light to be installed, for more flexibility of installation especially when trying and fitting the seat back on. Overall, I like how clean it looks and tidier than stock.
Thanks for the input. I've sold dozens of these, and installed them in my shop as it arrived to you. We've not yet had or heard of any issues with seat fitment. We did slot the brake light holes as you show. If they need to be moved rearward, we can easily do that on the next batch run, but to date, we've not felt the need to do so. As for the weight, we tried thinner lighter steel and aluminum, and durability was an issue, so I'd rather it be more durable than lightweight... light weight is not a reason that anyone owns a Guzzi. ;)
As for the harness, it seems nearly impossible to supply a harness for every configuration, and even so, people always want to do it their way as you have. In the end, looks great... appreciate the business. Enjoy.

As for the weight, we tried thinner lighter steel and aluminum, and durability was an issue, so I'd rather it be more durable than lightweight... it's not a reason that anyone owns a Guzzi is light weight. ;)

Haha Thank you, No I totally understand and didn't take it as a cons, it was a general point that I wanted to mention but the quality is really good!

As for the harness, it seems nearly impossible to supply a harness for every configuration, and even so, people always want to do it their way as you have. In the end, looks great... appreciate the business. Enjoy.
Totally understandable, it is very hard to find a harness that can fit all and normally some customization is required based on the setup running. the suggestion for the male connectors are definitely optional but can save some time and easy to work with if you have the right tools

Overall, thank you so much, it is a very nice product and like how to look

Hello folks! Hope you're all well:)
This will be my first time wiring anything.
I'm installing a gt tailtidy, a cat eye brealk light and some motogadget m pins.
1. Should I wire both reds from the harness together for the brake light? Or just cap off one of the reds?
20200617 232650 Screenshot 20200617 232552 Gallery

2. Also, I have 3 yellow wires on the harness. One is for the brake running light.
Should I wire all 3 together or just cap off the other 2?

1. Should I wire both reds from the harness together for the brake light? Or just cap off one of the reds?
2. Also, I have 3 yellow wires on the harness. One is for the brake running light. Should I wire all 3 together or just cap off the other 2?
These are LED, so you can group like colors as needed.
We have to make the harness generic enough to cover all options we sell.

Hey, thanks for the quick response.
So I can group all 3 yellow into a single crimp connector and then group both red into a single crimp connector? No need to leave any dangling?
Just wanted to be certain.
Thanks for your time!!

Hey, thanks for the quick response.
So I can group all 3 yellow into a single crimp connector and then group both red into a single crimp connector? No need to leave any dangling?
Just wanted to be certain.
Thanks for your time!!
Yes, welcome!

Todd, Got anything for the taillight setup on the Night Pack/Sport ??
What are you looking to do? I have ordered the smaller euro tail light and can get the euro LED turns also. You just want to get rid of the tongue hanging down? Or are you looking for a fender eliminator?

0FBFAE4F DCB9 45C6 BB59 116B59736EA8

What are you looking to do? I have ordered the smaller euro tail light and can get the euro LED turns also. You just want to get rid of the tongue hanging down? Or are you looking for a fender eliminator?

View attachment 19898
I don't hate the rear light. Would love to get rid of the tongue hanging down, and eventually get the LED signals too.

I see the V2.2 will work on my V7III Special specifically, but could I also go the V2.0 route on this bike (has grab bar)?

Gotcha, thanks. Wish there was an option for the turn signal mount brackets to be directly on the sides of the rear plate. I see the challenge because the plate is tilted but the lights (mounting brackets) would have to face horizontally. The iRides are such an elegant solution to ditching the tail light altogether but there doesn't seem to be a bracket for them considering the grab bar.

Gotcha, thanks. Wish there was an option for the turn signal mount brackets to be directly on the sides of the rear plate. I see the challenge because the plate is tilted but the lights (mounting brackets) would have to face horizontally. The iRides are such an elegant solution to ditching the tail light altogether but there doesn't seem to be a bracket for them considering the grab bar.
I do have a set up for mounting the turn on the side of the plate. The photo is in the first post of this thread and also here; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-motocycles-v7-iii-tail-tidy-kit -- take a little time to read from the top.

If I'm understanding correctly you seem to be implying that I could get the brackets that mount to the side of the plate (in the tail tidy setup you linked above)for the fender eliminator v2.0 and it'd work with the iRides and grab bar? The tail tidy you linked in the previous post mounts on the fender that I'm hoping to eliminate and v2.2 has the tail light that I'm also wanting to lose. Seems I'm after a hybrid of products. Or perhaps I'm just slow.

I should just focus on the exhaust and ECU tuning at the moment! :rofl:

If I'm understanding correctly you seem to be implying that I could get the brackets that mount to the side of the plate (in the tail tidy setup you linked above)for the fender eliminator v2.0 and it'd work with the iRides and grab bar? The tail tidy you linked in the previous post mounts on the fender that I'm hoping to eliminate and v2.2 has the tail light that I'm also wanting to lose. Seems I'm after a hybrid of products. Or perhaps I'm just slow.
I should just focus on the exhaust and ECU tuning at the moment! :rofl:
Order the v2.2 and put a Note in the system that you want the turn signal brackets for the side plate mount. I'll take care of it from there.

Back