• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Home made hard cases for v7iii

You know what’s expensive?...Hard cases! You know what isn’t expensive?...Sporting goods dry boxes. Pictured is a set of dry boxes that I converted into hard cases by using the Hepco and Becker C Bow system, some 16g sheet metal, and some spray paint.

Best looking, I suspect, on your OD livery, but impressive period.

You are so right about the expen$ive part. I always cynically think H-B and others price items on what the market will bear. :swear:

Always curious when I see tags blotted out. Folks tell me "security," but they are out there all the time, so seems odd to me.

i-39V7rGv-M.jpg

Again, nicely done.

Bill

Last edited:
Best looking, I suspect, on your OD livery, but impressive period.

You are so right about the expen$ive part. I always cynically think H-B and others price items on what the market will bear. :swear:

Always curious when I see tags blotted out. Folks tell me "security," but they are out there all the time, so seems odd to me.

i-39V7rGv-M.jpg

Again, nicely done.

Bill
I suspect you are right about blocking out the plate, but then again maybe ISIS or Russia is watching....not today fellas hahaha

At track days and other “Sporting events” some people were worried about pictures getting back to their insurance provider about their exploits and having an excuse to deny a claim later because of their association with those types of activities !
So they would remove or tape over their tags.

Rule #1: don’t take pictures of yourself / people doing Stupid @#$& if you don’t want them to be seen !
Rule #2: if it is Stupid @##& - you probably shouldn’t be publicizing it.

Your almost never to old to be doing Stupid @#$& :p - but you should be old enough to know better.

Nice job on the bags guys... most people don't have the time, resources or desire to make their own, so thankfully we still have options for the masses. The biggest part of bag pricing is storing and shipping them!

So, why do folks mark ‘em out?
As you state Bill, they are open to public eye always, but I think I remember someone saying that some countries make them public record for people to find out where the address is that things live, for thieves and the like, which is no good. Still the same when parking in public, but here in the States, it's not that easy to get this type of info unless you are a L.E.O. or eq.

Nice job on the bags guys... most people don't have the time, resources or desire to make their own, so thankfully we still have options for the masses. The biggest part of bag pricing is storing and shipping them!

As you state Bill, they are open to public eye always, but I think I remember someone saying that some countries make them public record for people to find out where the address is that things live, for thieves and the like, which is no good. Still the same when parking in public, but here in the States, it's not that easy to get this type of info unless you are a L.E.O. or eq.
The real concern for me is information being on the internet that can be used to find other information. Ones plate being visible in a parking lot isn’t leaving you open to the same kind of threat that having it on the web does. There are some real good thieves on the web that know how to gather information bit by bit and use it for a number of bad things.

The real concern for me is information being on the internet that can be used to find other information. Ones plate being visible in a parking lot isn’t leaving you open to the same kind of threat that having it on the web does. There are some real good thieves on the web that know how to gather information bit by bit and use it for a number of bad things.
I'm with you on that. I haven't posted my VIN for that very reason, nor am I sure why everyone seems to do so.

I'm with you on that. I haven't posted my VIN for that very reason, nor am I sure why everyone seems to do so.

As a retired lawyer, prosecutor, and appellate judge, I am certainly not naive about the darker side of life, and, especially, how the web has enhanced opportunities for criminal applications of the mosaic theory in gathering information.

All of that and more said and unsaid, I am personally unaware of a single instance of a displayed tag or posted VIN bringing on identity theft or other crime. Not denying at all that it's happened, but life's a balance of prudence and risk. We ride motorcycles, so we do that all the time.

I will 'fess up and post here if I ever find myself "in trouble" for my posting of that information. :giggle:

YMMV and we all have sound reasons for choosing what and what not to put out on the web. But, in my case, all of my stable are long "out of the barn," so it's a little late for me anyway. ;) I do counsel my kids and grands to be circumspect for all sorts of reasons including those you address above.

Bill

Who is exhibiting paranoia here?

Just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get me ! :rofl:

With nearly 40 million people in Canada why are they going to come after / start looking into my affairs...
There are WAY more interesting people out there than little old me...

A law enforcement friend of mine told me that when they were on Night Shift they would drive through hotel parking lots punching in plates running checks on those cars.

( Same thing happens in the Las Vegas airport parking lots - I did some work for them ;) )

They could do the same thing online - BUT if you don’t have any outstanding warrants and/or have not posted pictures of you doing Stupid @#$& ( see my other post) no problem...

Last edited:
In 54 years of living, I have yet to either meet, or read a credible source about anybody who was negatively affected by their license plate or VIN number being on the internet. Not once. Like I said, paranoia is a terrible affliction.

*** To each, their own, but I certainly don’t want other forum members negatively influenced to be afraid here.

We routinely post pics of our bikes and Todd’s database of active Moto Guzzi’s is very cool and a great historical record of our great marque and great reading as well.

ON THE ORIGINAL TOPIC:

KUDOS ON THE VERY INTERESTING SIDE CASES SOLUTIONS!

Please be mindful that although you have created storage, you have also created aerodynamic instability.

You need to be careful discovering that operating limit and its effect on handling, especially on the lightweight V7 platform.

Kudos!

Last edited:
Sam -- thanks for posting your side cases from various perspectives. I purchased a used set of H&B 38L Xceed side cases with the intent to C-Bow mount them and was worried about how they would fit on my V7 III Stone. Your pictures really helped. While i have the C-Bow plastic mounts installed on the side cases, I have to do some cutting and welding on the C-Bow brackets for the V7 because they interfere with my Givi tail rack (the compatible H&B tail rack is too flimsy and isn't flat).

It appears your side cases are side-hinged like Wildroamer's Pelican cases. I chose the Xceed cases because they were fore-aft hinged. Unfortunately the cylinders for the mounts and cases are differing designs so I need two keys plus a third for the Givi top cases (all keyed the same) and a fourth for the ignition.

Sam -- thanks for posting your side cases from various perspectives. I purchased a used set of H&B 38L Xceed side cases with the intent to C-Bow mount them and was worried about how they would fit on my V7 III Stone. Your pictures really helped. While i have the C-Bow plastic mounts installed on the side cases, I have to do some cutting and welding on the C-Bow brackets for the V7 because they interfere with my Givi tail rack (the compatible H&B tail rack is too flimsy and isn't flat).

It appears your side cases are side-hinged like Wildroamer's Pelican cases. I chose the Xceed cases because they were fore-aft hinged. Unfortunately the cylinders for the mounts and cases are differing designs so I need two keys plus a third for the Givi top cases (all keyed the same) and a fourth for the ignition.
You can’t tell in the pictures I posted, but my cases are hinged at the aft section, unlike the pelican cases. That was a requirement of mine, much like yourself. I’m glad the post helped you out. I’m very pleased with these for being a cheap weekend project.

Back