• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Tire Talk

Roose

Tuned and Synch'ed
Figured that since I've been posting here for a few weeks, I should introduce myself and my bike. First Moto Guzzi I have ever seen, let alone owned. I bought it from the original owner, sold new at Sloan's in Murfreesboro TN. Vin EM200229. Started life as a 2014 V7 Stone, but I changed out the tank and the seat and made it into the lovely creature you see before you today. Cafe Racer --> Backroad Bandit

Ojuc1wO.jpg
What tires are you running? I like the look.

What tires are you running? I like the look.
They seem to do okay, and while I do like the look of the tires I don't like the ride all that well. These were the tires that came with the bike when I bought it, and seems the previous owner rode on gravel roads more than I. Personally, I kind of can't wait until I wear them out and have to replace them with some smooth-riding street tires. These knobby tires look great and they seem to be wearing decently, but they have a vibration to them at speed that I kinda can't wait to get rid of. (I should add that the vibration seems to be due to having knobbies, not a defect in the tire or balance issues etc)

As for what they are, please stand by...I have to go take a look.
Front: Shinko Trail Master E700A 4.60-18M/C 63S
Rear: Shinko Trail Master E705 130/80-17MC 65H

Says made in Korea. I don't know much about them but they seem decent. I just already know I want a pure road tire next.

EDIT: I had to make an edit because I have come to like these tires a bit more. I had been setting the pressure to 30psi F/R, without really knowing if I liked it or not. Then yesterday, I got into a good gravel road and didn't like the handling at all. Figured that I would have to decrease the pressure to get better feel in gravel, so I set the pressure down to 24psi F/R and turned 'em into a whole different tire. They don't have that harshness they had at 30 nor the knobby vibrating feel. I'll put more miles on them to see if I still agree later but I'm not dissatisfied with the tires at all at the moment. Plus the look is pretty awesome with the bike IMO. I did a little bit of reading and I found that these tires in particular were a purchased design straight from Yokohama tires. They went with nylon plies instead of aramid/kevlar or whatever so they aren't as tough and damage resistent to hitting potholes etc. But good tire design. I doubt they will last super long. I'm not sure if I will buy a new set when the time comes, but they do have advantages. They're cheap, the overall tread design is solid, and if I ever do fancy a good gravel road I have that option.

Last edited:
I tried a set of the Shinto 705’s on the Honda XL, before I picked up the V7, as I was doing more on road with my son.
They were fine tarmac , gravel and dirt, there a 70/30 tire.
Didn’t get into any sand or mud, don’t think they would have fared that well.

Attachments

• 88A63384-AE95-449A-8DA7-1AFCE05B4094.jpeg
    88A63384-AE95-449A-8DA7-1AFCE05B4094.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
That is what I read, that they weren't too great in sand but sand is a different animal anyway. I don't want to get my V7 in sand or mud anyway, or really anything but roads in really great condition!

Back