• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM E4 V85TT Exhaust NOW WITH DYNO RUN

Hello Todd. I rambled on the registration thread about this topic - getting sorted with this forum. I am very happy you haven’t given up on your Mapquest! If you get that soon it will dovetail nicely with my V85TT purchase!
Love the craftsmanship of that exhaust and the sound is far superior to my ear. You’re gonna solve my need for power. Love it. I’ll be ordering the kit and don’t care about factory warranties.

Please scan this thread from the beginning down. I will not comment on my competitor's systems, when I make a superior system with a lifetime warranty; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v85tt-exhaust-thread.19804/#post-155160 -- I will add it to the online Store once I finish the fueling kit and show dyno results also. Coming soon.

Any word yet?? Just looking forward to your end product. I'm a modder and will be looking for more juice for sure. I'm sure you'll post when it's done and you have the dyno numbers....I'll keep watching and waiting. p.s. I'm guessing you didn't sell your v85tt since you need at least one for testing etc?

It’s looking like the 2021 model has the pipes welded to the cat, meaning a simple cat delete probably won’t be possible without doing some cutting. It’s too bad...

Any word yet?? Just looking forward to your end product. I'm a modder and will be looking for more juice for sure. I'm sure you'll post when it's done and you have the dyno numbers....I'll keep watching and waiting. p.s. I'm guessing you didn't sell your v85tt since you need at least one for testing etc?
I will be, and making (SLOW) progress. Hope to show something on Friday or next Monday.

It’s looking like the 2021 model has the pipes welded to the cat, meaning a simple cat delete probably won’t be possible without doing some cutting. It’s too bad...
Where are you getting this information? The cat is in the Y-pipe/collector, and I can't imagine that changed.

Where are you getting this information? The cat is in the Y-pipe/collector, and I can't imagine that changed.

He's right, Todd. On the E5 models, the cat is welded to the headers... one piece. There are pictures floating around, and if I can remember where I saw them, I'll post it here. But yeah... E5 == full system replacement, or get out the torch.

__Jason

I will be, and making (SLOW) progress. Hope to show something on Friday or next Monday.

Thanks for the update! I’m still waiting on delivery of my ‘21 to local dealer..... still keeping tabs on your progress.

Two questions . #1Are you eliminating the weld-on hangers for the pipe protectors on the header pipe because they make those in a
clamp-on no need to weld much better set up. #2 are going to move the O2 sensor up near the exhaust port like the 2021 E5 bikes and
then offer it for 19-20 bikes. If you move the sensor then it won't interfere with a clamp-on pipe protector hanger like the 19-20 OEM
O2 sensor location would. thanks again for fixing my account todd.

Took me a minute to figure out what this meant. You're referring to meeting Euro5 emission standards.
No go look at the picture of a 2021. The o2 sensor is up by the exhaust clamp where the header attaches to the cylinder head. The 19-20
is down below in line with the pipe protector lugs. If you move the o2 sensor up there then you can use a hose clamp/clamp on type lug like the do on MX bikes, or you get rid of the pipe protector all together
if you just ride on the street, or you make a custom one that goes further up the header pipe and protects
better.

Last edited:
So, I succeeded... 80(!) rwhp, dyno graph below (the bumps are from tire growth). This is with the new custom mapped RB EVO system, GTM SAS delete and our full GTM system (big headers) and long muffler, along with an opened airbox lid with high-flow filter (shown below). I expect to see a touch more with the short version on the first post of this thread.

9FEF73B3 9678 48ED 95AF 4F5981FC18EE 76F55EF9 89F7 44BF 8C12 7F7CF618BD4B

May I inquire as to the power the bike has stock -- as a means against which to compare this result?
I never did a completely stock (fueled and exhaust) bike on my dyno yet. I’ll do a few overlays to share here in the next few days. Baseline with fueling revisions, stock air box & exhaust was ~67 hp. 72 with a cat delete Y-pipe and stock muffler, 75 with GTM long muffler, and now 80 with our full system and open air-box lid w/high-flow element. All fuel corrected only.

Just a quick question Todd did you eliminate the O2 sensor on the production header system?. you got rid of the pipe protector hangers
GOOD JOB.

Back