• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Mods Thread

pretty pic of a clean bike.
now show me a pic of 100 miles of rain ridding because I doubt that little thing so far forward will do much.

From a video i saw, it appears a non-hugger V85TT the right boot/shoe gets Dirty & Soaked significantly more than the left. Hugger solves that... for what it´s worth.

I have recently installed the Pyramid rear hugger on my V85TT. Hopefully, this series of pictures will prove useful to someone contemplating buying one or about to fit one.

As you would expect the instructions supplied with the hugger are more than adequate to complete the task. The rear wheel must be removed so you can access the two inner M8 bolts on the shaft drive housing. Pyramid recommend using a high quality T40 Torx key on these bolts. I used an extra-long T40 key manufactured in Germany by Stahlwille tools. Their hardened steel Torx keys have correctly formed ends and fit the Guzzi bolts perfectly.

The instructions state that the casing around the bolts must be heated for five minutes with a hot air gun to soften and release the thread lock applied on the production line.

Added 20th January 2021:
I used a cut down extra long allen key and Loctite 262 red when installing the new bolts. The torque figure for these bolts is 25NM.

Even though there is a fair amount of work involved to install the right-hand mounting bracket, I am pleased with the result. The hugger is solidly mounted with no flexing and there is more than enough clearance between the swing arm and tyre.

View attachment 21225 View attachment 21226 View attachment 21227 View attachment 21228 View attachment 21229 View attachment 21230 View attachment 21231 View attachment 21232

Great set of helpful Pics. My 2021 Travel should be in my garage in the next couple of weeks and I pre-ordered the Front Fender Hugger as well a the rear.

After riding in mixed conditions with one fitted I'm very pleased with the Pyramid rear hugger, and I only ride on tarmac. It is certainly a lot better than not having one fitted.

Here is a picture of the V85TT with the 20" Madstad screen. It completely eliminates buffeting for me. The low position allows plenty of air and the high position is great when having to cruise on the interstate at 75mph or so.

Sounds good. One question -- when riding, are you looking through or over the screen?

Has anyone here installed Denali running lights on their V85? I'm interested in these, and ideally would like to use their trigger wire that attaches to the stock high beam lead to allow high/low on the Denalis; however, their docs say that some LED headlights are not sufficient to trigger the module, and in these cases you would be required to use a separate hi/low switch instead of simply using the bike's normal hi/low switch. Anyone try this yet? Just trying to figure out what to expect before I decide to start ordering equipment. Also don't want to waste time splicing into the high beam wire if folks have already determined that it won't work.

__Jason

Just use the ones for the stock lights under the black cover
Not sure what you mean - the stock lights don't have a hi/low do they? I thought they were simply on/off.

The wire harness has a 3-pin connector for the OEM fog lights: 1 pin is from the handlebar switch, to trigger the relay (on/off), 1 pin is 12-volt from the battery, and 1 pin is a ground. I could reuse this connection to power the Denali lights, but... it doesn't do anything to manage the hi/low function of the fog lights.

__Jason

The LED headlights have high and low beams controlled by the switch on the left handlebar. Low beam is always on (assuming switch on right handlebar is in either headlight or headlight plus fog light positions). High beam comes on in addition to low beam when left handlebar switch is either pulled back to flash high beam or pushed forward for sustained high beam. You should be able to connect to low beam and high beam light wires for the functions you want.

The LED headlights have high and low beams controlled by the switch on the left handlebar. Low beam is always on (assuming switch on right handlebar is in either headlight or headlight plus fog light positions). High beam comes on in addition to low beam when left handlebar switch is either pulled back to flash high beam or pushed forward for sustained high beam. You should be able to connect to low beam and high beam light wires for the functions you want.

Thanks, but that's not the problem. Just to re-state:

The aftermarket Denali fog lights have the (optional) ability to to be to be switched in hi/low mode by way of their "DataDim" module.
The DataDim relay can be set up in 2 different configurations:
  1. With the use of a separate handle-bar mounted switch, which plugs into the Denali harness, and lets the rider switch the fog lights between high/low, OR...
  2. You can get rid of the extra switch and use a switch eliminator module, which has a trigger wire which is supposed to be spliced into the high beam 12V of the stock headlight, in order to automatically sense when the high beam is on, and trigger the fog lights to also go into high beam mode
The problem is, on *some* bikes with LED headlights, the 12V to the high beam is not "clean" enough to work with the DataDim module. In that case, the only option is to run the additional switch, which...

The wire harness has a 3-pin connector for the OEM fog lights

That's the one I meant. I know Wayne on another forum did his but I think he used a separate chinsium hi/low switch.

... sounds like the extra switch may be needed.

I was hoping to avoid having to mount additional doo-dads on the handlebars in order for it to work, but if I must, I must.

__Jason

I would do the xtra switch. Waayne runs his in the daylight on low and you'd think a 747 was landing behind you when you look in the rear view mirror. Switch location would be dependent on whether you actually drive at night or were just looking for more daytime visibility.

Evening Folks - Looking to have the OEM fog lights installed on mine. Opinions on how they work?

For anyone desiring a larger seat-to-peg ergo, these do the trick. Combine them with the associated brackets to lower the shifter and the brake pedal. 2" makes a big difference, LOL.

Pegs are Crosstrek, extensions are by Knight design.

BTW....Todd's cat eliminator is awesome. What a nice sound with the stock can......

IMG 0106 IMG 0107

Pegs are Crosstrek, extensions are by Knight design.
BTW....Todd's cat eliminator is awesome. What a nice sound with the stock can......
Thanks Bob. Another company who I helped launch in the Guzzi world, who in turn flipped me off once they got traction. If you want a much nicer, cheaper and more practical toe peg, this one is superior; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-long-eccentric-folding-toe-peg

Thanks on the Y-pipe/Cat-delete. You should hear the full system with opened air box lid @80 rhwp.

Shoot, if I opened my good eye and looked closer on your web-site, those would have been my choice. They'll be more stuff I'm sure!

Back