• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT MIA platform

Dave, I got sick and tired of seeing the lights on so I went into the dash menu and changed them to come on at a much higher RPM, like you my memory has faltered and I don't remember what I set them at, but I rarely see them now.

Hi Neil

Thanks for your reply. It's not the lights coming on due to high RPM, but their display when the bike is shifted into top gear and the revs are well within the limits. Is nobody else seeing this feature when riding faster in top gear? Am I experiencing something unique?

Dave, I went for a ride and mine shows nothing when changing into sixth gear.

I have mine set to display the shift lights at 5500 rpm, it was annoying me showing up all the time on the factory setting and now they seldom show, maybe I should ride a bit faster lol.

On my first light came on at around 4700. After the first service the workshop changed to 5700. You can change it yourself if you want.

On my first light came on at around 4700. After the first service the workshop changed to 5700. You can change it yourself if you want.

You're not understanding my question. I'm not talking about the display showing a rev threshold light, I'm talking about the situation when the bike is in top gear. The rev indicator does not come on, but at the top of the screen there is an array of lights that change in color depending on the speed of the bike.

Am I the only one seeing this? Well, lucky me!

Dave, I went for a ride and mine shows nothing when changing into sixth gear.

I have mine set to display the shift lights at 5500 rpm, it was annoying me showing up all the time on the factory setting and now they seldom show, maybe I should ride a bit faster lol.

Neil, I'm not encouraging you to ride faster in that police state you live in. They will impound your bike and throw away the key. And confiscate your radar detector if you dare fit one. When you finally get to Kiwiland, you will appreciate the difference.

Our wonderful government threatened to do this to "boy racers", kids with a cheap japanese car and a large exhaust. This was some time ago, and they're still around.

You're not understanding my question. I'm not talking about the display showing a rev threshold light, I'm talking about the situation when the bike is in top gear. The rev indicator does not come on, but at the top of the screen there is an array of lights that change in color depending on the speed of the bike.

Am I the only one seeing this? Well, lucky me!

Are the lights you're seeing the ones across the top on this picture?

Yep, the yellow and red ones.

Seems like I've got to rig up a camera to show that I'm not making this up. Why nobody else seems to have this feature, (or if they do ain't saying) I have no idea. I naturally assumed every V85 was displaying this.

Finding the right camera isn't a walk in the park. Obviously, I can't use my phone, but I do have another back up one with less features. I also have a couple of Panasonic old school digital cameras that I'm now trying to revive their batteries. I'll make something work.

Now to find that "closed" road where I can safely do these speeds without drawing the attention of Mr Plod.

When I bought my bike I rode it home 1,000 miles over 3 days.
In top gear at highway speeds those lights would come on sequentially. They are the rev limit lights and are set low from the factory.
Have you reset them since your first service?
It costs nothing to go into the dash settings and see what they are set at. This is in the "Vehicle" section of the dash menu.
The manual also says something about the orange lights being related to the traction control but I would imagine they would not come on at speed.

Dave, what Bisbonian says above, those should be user set. If yours are illuminating during normal riding, raise the limit. They did annoyingly flash during before the first service, then I bumped up the dashboard rev limit. Since the TFT is from the RSV-4, that motor revs so fast that people need the video game lights to keep up. :rolleyes:

I can't remember what the shift light setting was when I first got the bike, I've now got it set to 5200.

And it's where I like it. I don't want them to come on later, I want them to remind me that I'm exceeding the speed limit and it could get expensive if I'm not watching out. Sure, if they annoy you then raise the setting, but they are a good reminder to me that I've slipped over the speed limit.

Each to their own.

I can't remember what the shift light setting was when I first got the bike, I've now got it set to 5200. And it's where I like it. I don't want them to come on later, I want them to remind me that I'm exceeding the speed limit and it could get expensive if I'm not watching out. Sure, if they annoy you then raise the setting, but they are a good reminder to me that I've slipped over the speed limit.
Each to their own.
Well now you lost me. I thought you were complaining about them coming on while riding? If so, where you have it set sounds like you like it now. Enjoy.

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I take this opportunity to say hello, I'm a new MIA moto guzzi user, I'm trying to pair two helmets to a V85TT, I'm pairing through the Moto Guzzi android app: https://play.google.com /store/apps/details?id=it.piaggio.motoguzzi&hl=es
I have achieved that the smartphone icon and the two helmets appear as active on the motorcycle display, I can listen through the driver's helmet all the navigation commands of the moto guzzi app, music, etc ...
The problem is that the helmet paired as a companion, does not receive anything, does not receive music and does not receive an intercom.
They know what may be happening.

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I take this opportunity to say hello, I'm a new MIA moto guzzi user, I'm trying to pair two helmets to a V85TT, I'm pairing through the Moto Guzzi android app: https://play.google.com /store/apps/details?id=it.piaggio.motoguzzi&hl=es
I have achieved that the smartphone icon and the two helmets appear as active on the motorcycle display, I can listen through the driver's helmet all the navigation commands of the moto guzzi app, music, etc ...
The problem is that the helmet paired as a companion, does not receive anything, does not receive music and does not receive an intercom.
They know what may be happening.

No idea , but ask for advise here:
Onorino.Ditanna@piaggio.com
he is a developer of the app or some manager of it. I think he will be willing to help you .

Thanks kiwidave I followed your instructiins to connect the mia which worked out ok. I think the by router had trouble as I couldnt see it on my android and it gave me a bit of jip

Just need to reconfigure my helmet Nolan with a b r something now.

Cheers Mik 57 and a half

Reading this thread gives lots of info about connecting the Mia with a smartphone, but I'm still confused.

I've connected my iPhone, the icon "Data transmission with smartphone", item marked as 20 in the manual, is highlighted on the TFT.
Data is shared with the phone, and the route stored, I can navigate with turn by turn shown on the bike TFT.

I also have my sena comms connected to the phone (not Mia) and the voice instructions can be heard. My pillion just hears our two way conversation, because their comms isn't paired to the phone, just my comms is.

So what is the point of connecting the helmet comms to Mia?

Can anyone put light on this?

Back