• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2012 NTX sudden loss of performance, burning plastic smell

It's so extremely unlikely for both Sensors to fail, in any way, that I'd say it's impossible.
Not even sure they'd cause the issue you had if they were to fail?

I'd guess the burning smell was an electrical short somewhere, whip the Seat. Tank, and Fairings off and check it all over.
If it was in the Injector or Ignition Circuits, that would probably cause the issue you experienced.

I seem to recall there were some Loom chafing issues on some Stelvios, up around the Headstock area . . . :rolleyes:

Long time back in such a short memory, but, I seem to recall some of the connectors going into the back of the headlight melting.

Also both of my O2 sensors on the 2017 V7III failed.

I wouldn't doubt that Todds tune kit shuts them off too. It would save you 1/2 the price of it.

Last edited:
It's so extremely unlikely for both Sensors to fail, in any way, that I'd say it's impossible.
Not even sure they'd cause the issue you had if they were to fail?

I'd guess the burning smell was an electrical short somewhere, whip the Seat. Tank, and Fairings off and check it all over.
If it was in the Injector or Ignition Circuits, that would probably cause the issue you experienced.

I seem to recall there were some Loom chafing issues on some Stelvios, up around the Headstock area . . . :rolleyes:
Yeah, they said one of them is shot, but they recommend replacing both, but if it would be that difficult for both to fail, then I should really only replace one for now.
I haven't pulled the tank before, so I'll look into the how-to's on that. Thanks!

Long time back in such a short memory, but, I seem to recall some of the connectors going into the back of the headlight melting.

Also both of my O2 sensors on the 2017 V7III failed.

I wouldn't doubt that Todds tune kit shuts them off too. It would save you 1/2 the price of it.
Yeegh! I'll take a look at that as well.
What is Todd's Tune Kit?

Thanks everyone!
D

Thanks guys. AF1 has them for $120/side, I can get them for $89/side, and I can put them online... BUT, you have a better option here, purchase my ECU FT (because no one will get beyond Todd's Tune Kit here); https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-motocycles-5am-7sm-reflash-tool (be sure to read the reviews there).
Cool tool, but I'm not sure I follow what this has to do with replacing the sensors?

Let me figure out what I'm going to do, but I may want to purchase the sensors from you. When would they ship?

I'm lurching around the forums trying to find more info on your kit. It sounds like this may remove the need for the lambda sensors?

D

I'm lurching around the forums trying to find more info on your kit. It sounds like this may remove the need for the lambda sensors?
See above... Yes it also eliminates the 02-sensor inputs. I have one (1) flash tool in stock and ready to ship. I don't stock the sensors, they would take about a week or so to me, and a few days to you IF they are in the U.S. warehouse.

See above... Yes it also eliminates the 02-sensor inputs. I have one (1) flash tool in stock and ready to ship. I don't stock the sensors, they would take about a week or so to me, and a few days to you IF they are in the U.S. warehouse.
I've read the description and the reviews. Very impressive!
I think the other kind of information I'm looking for is the how-to's and whatnot for what you can remove / cap on the bike (evap cannister and tipover valve?), tips and tricks, etc.

D

I've read the description and the reviews. Very impressive!
I think the other kind of information I'm looking for is the how-to's and whatnot for what you can remove / cap on the bike (evap cannister and tipover valve?), tips and tricks, etc.
The How-Tos are all posted in this section. You'll have to skim/search and read. The general steps of the Flash Tool are also in the paragraph on the purchase page. You MUST read. See if you can get to this; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/resources/gtm-ft-manual.217/ -- if not, send an email to; Info @GuzziTech.com

As also noted above, this isn't my Inbox, so I don't catch every post here.

The How-Tos are all posted in this section. You'll have to skim/search and read. See if you can get to this; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/resources/gtm-ft-manual.217/ -- if not, send an email to; Info @GuzziTech.com

As also noted above, this isn't my Inbox, so I don't catch every post here.
Lol! I get it. That's why I was looking for resources instead of bugging you (as I am). I could not download. I will send an email. Thanks!

D

I'm posting again as I edited my comments after you replied on the two above...

The How-Tos are all posted in this section. You'll have to skim/search and read. The general steps of the Flash Tool are also in the paragraph on the purchase page. You MUST read. See if you can get to this; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/resources/gtm-ft-manual.217/ -- if not, send an email to; Info @GuzziTech.com

I'm posting again as I edited my comments after you replied on the two above...

I did read the description and steps. I see the importance, no question. I sent an email to that address regarding the manual.
I will continue to skim through the forums for hints, tips, etc as well.

I like it so far, and am leaning towards picking it up, I'm just determining what step should I take first. Replace one sensor and pick up your kit shortly thereafter, or just drop the big bucks on the mod kit and hope there isn't something else wrong with the bike.

Some people I've spoken to think the burning may have been the wiring for the sensor. If it's only that, then it may just be worth getting the kit and tuning it (granted, I'll have to dig up a Windows box as I run linux primarily). This is my primary bike, so I have to be studious in my decision making.

Thank you so much for all your help!
D

I did read the description and steps. I see the importance, no question. I sent an email to that address regarding the manual. I will continue to skim through the forums for hints, tips, etc as well.
I like it so far, and am leaning towards picking it up, I'm just determining what step should I take first. Replace one sensor and pick up your kit shortly thereafter, or just drop the big bucks on the mod kit and hope there isn't something else wrong with the bike.
Some people I've spoken to think the burning may have been the wiring for the sensor. If it's only that, then it may just be worth getting the kit and tuning it (granted, I'll have to dig up a Windows box as I run linux primarily). This is my primary bike, so I have to be studious in my decision making. Thank you so much for all your help!
D
Welcome. Your email did not come through. Try again.

... (granted, I'll have to dig up a Windows box as I run linux primarily). This is my primary bike, so I have to be studious in my decision making.

Thank you so much for all your help!
D

ha, I run Linux too mostly, and I had the same problem when I installed Todd's kit on my B11. I found it to be very worthwhile, I went from seriously considering a carburetor conversion to enjoying the best running bike I've ever owned.

one of the best things that not many people talk about is the lower running temperatures. with the GTM fueling/exhaust kit, the whole bike just runs a lot cooler - I no longer have any pinging or any other running problems in hot weather.

highly recommended.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to diagnose a sound or smell over the internet.

I must be honest because your thrashing about is a bit frustrating. What are you trying to do because you are all over the place?

You need to read the information and not just skim.

Last edited:
Back