• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7-850 Mods Thread

There is a different between:

The fact that the bike Will still run, without making any changes to the fuel maps, after Changing out the exhaust for a cat less - track only exhaust
Vs.
Making changes to the fuel map to deal with the “Fact”that more air will be flowing out through the system after some changes are made to the system since it left the factory !

Even my big single Honda - when put on the dynomometer by a qualified tuner needed a significant change in its carberated jetting to keep it from running too lean after changes were made to its exhaust ...

Matt's experience with the motiv cycle works slip would indicate that a tune is indeed required. You don't want your bike to run either too lean or too rich for obvious reasons. With the Agostini (WITH DB KILLERS ON), my bike is neither running too lean or too rich, in fact, it is running significantly better than stock exhausts, which is why I am saying tune is not required. Can it run even more optimal after a tune? Sure, I trust all the reviews that Todd mentioned above. In fact I am looking forward to it once its available for the V7 850 but it's definitely not required for the Agostini with DB killers on.

Last edited:
Nope. Not required.
Matt's experience with the motiv cycle works slip would indicate that a tune is indeed required. You don't want your bike to run either too lean or too rich for obvious reasons. With the Agostini (WITH DB KILLERS ON), my bike is neither running too lean or too rich, in fact, it is running significantly better than stock exhausts, which is why I am saying tune is not required. Can it run even more optimal after a tune? Sure, I trust all the reviews that Todd mentioned above. In fact I am looking forward to it once its available for the V7 850 but it's definitely not required for the Agostini with DB killers on.

Sorry, not trying to start a bun fight here, but has the bike been to a shop and put on a Dyno to get empirical data that supports hows it’s *Really running* vs how one might feel it’s running...

The Honda would *Seem* to run Great Until it was a hot day and I might have been running it a bit harder , in the higher rev’s , then it was not so happy... loss of top end, just not running the same as earlier in the ride, day.

Bikes seems to run Great Lean until you melt a piston...

Last edited:
I am going based on "feel" of the bike. I had a handful of really hot days with the Agostinis installed and the bike was significantly running better than stock exhaust on equally hot days.

With the stock exhaust, I've had nothing but bad experience with the bike on really hot days. Snatchy throttle/fueling , the bike would feel jerky and laborious on 1st and 2nd gear, rough idling, and hard starts.

I am not really experiencing any of the above symptoms anymore with the Agostinis even through the rev range no issues. This is me riding the bike hard on 26 degrees + . I am still skeptical on the hard starts. My guess there's been less humidity late August.

Re
: Bikes seems to run Great Lean until you melt a piston...

Where I purchased them , it clearly says works fine with the OEM ECU Mapping. If that's not the case, then someone is not being honest.

Last edited:
Exhausting (no pun intended). So that we keep this on factual track, as I've said now for 2 decades, a bone stock bike can be made to run better, so any mods have a greater need. Best not to state "feel" as a basis of what the motor needs. I can promise you it needs a revised map based on air/fuel data. Read the Reviews here; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-motocycles-v7-v9-ecu-re-flash-tool - read it and believe the 58 reviews (or not.)
Sorry, not trying to start a bun fight here, but has the bike been to a shop and put on a Dyno to get empirical data that supports hows it’s *Really running* vs how one might feel it’s running...

The Honda would *Seem* to run Great Until it was a hot day and I might have been running it a bit harder , in the higher rev’s , then it was not so happy... loss of top end, just not running the same as earlier in the ride, day.

Bikes seems to run Great Lean until you melt a piston...

Understand the motiv cycle works exhaust is very free flowing no db killers, so it definitely needs a tune. The agostini with db killers is much less than my basically open free flow exhaust. So it won't run lean and I'm sure agostini has recommendations stating its ok on stock tune with db killers in( mistrial does so sure its same or similar). That being said a tune will make a much better running bike, even on stock pipes. The 2021 has issues here and there with the fueling, I notice on light throttle under 5k rpm, completely stock. So the bike would do much better with a tune even being stock no doubt. Euro 5 requirements restrictions must be extremely strict. For my pipes I have to have a tune it had lot of hiccups, though it sound good. It would do good for short period on cold startup then start acting up. I know the bike runs lean or hot because both header pipes peel paint bad. Not sure if this was an issue for others on previous Euro 4 bikes.

Is there agostini slip on available yet? Will be looking for sissy bar with luggage rack for sure in future. Will be looking for a tune as well. This bike is a keeper to me.

Yes, it is available and there are a few YouTube’s showing it installed and with a sound check. Sounds and looks great but expensive.

Understand the motiv cycle works exhaust is very free flowing no db killers, so it definitely needs a tune. The agostini with db killers is much less than my basically open free flow exhaust. So it won't run lean and I'm sure agostini has recommendations stating its ok on stock tune with db killers in( mistrial does so sure its same or similar). That being said a tune will make a much better running bike, even on stock pipes. The 2021 has issues here and there with the fueling, I notice on light throttle under 5k rpm, completely stock. So the bike would do much better with a tune even being stock no doubt. Euro 5 requirements restrictions must be extremely strict. For my pipes I have to have a tune it had lot of hiccups, though it sound good. It would do good for short period on cold startup then start acting up. I know the bike runs lean or hot because both header pipes peel paint bad. Not sure if this was an issue for others on previous Euro 4 bikes.

Hey Matt I recall commenting on one your videos regarding the peeling. My bike was running hot as well and it ended up being valves adjustments required. It seems the bikes don't come adjusted from the factory and the dealerships are lazy to adjust it as part of PDI. You'll need to leave the bike overnight at the mechanic shop in order for them to do valve adjustments (engine must be cold).

Hey Matt I recall commenting on one your videos regarding the peeling. My bike was running hot as well and it ended up being valves adjustments required. It seems the bikes don't come adjusted from the factory and the dealerships are lazy to adjust it as part of PDI. You'll need to leave the bike overnight at the mechanic shop in order for them to do valve adjustments (engine must be cold).

wow crazy. Yes I need to have this done, literally was thinking about it today, valves needing adjusted probably. Thanks by way.

I bought an OEM "touring" windscreen for my new V7 Stone E5 directly from Pogliani Shop in Italy. Part number 2S001568. Cost me $230.99 including shipping. Took about 2 weeks to arrive.

Also, the parts book for this bike, part GU214, is now out. I downloaded it from another well-known MG vendor. It's immensely valuable for determining which parts are carried over from the V7III.

Do you have a picture of the windshield installed ? Also, where do I get that parts book ?

^^ Scroll straight up to the top of this page and check the downloads section.

Sarah

Hi there,
I have a V7III Stone Night Pack in Bronzo Levigato. I'm going to upgrade to a V7 850 and would like to know if the gas tank and mudguard from my V7III could be transferred to the V7 850. I love this color! Thanks.

Todd, I would love a color matched backrest for the V7 centenario maybe something with a rack behind it. I'd order that yesterday! (The girlfriend wants it... :))

Todd, I would love a color matched backrest for the V7 centenario maybe something with a rack behind it. I'd order that yesterday! (The girlfriend wants it... :))

Just an idea……I ordered a Hepco Becker rear rack for my V7 850 that has a riser on the front. I’ve used it on other bikes as well. The riser is enough to offer the security of not sliding off the seat and hits just the lower back. It can be left bare or you could wrap it with foam lined leather to match the seat. It’s subtle and has the utility of the rack as well. It’s about $270 and comes in black or chrome.

Attachments

• 72DBC676-B6B0-4AD5-8911-E8179A028F2C.jpeg
    72DBC676-B6B0-4AD5-8911-E8179A028F2C.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 13
Always best to email me direct; Info @GuzziTech.com -- I can't catch every post here.
HB Rack; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/hb-rear-rack-black-v7-850-e5
OEM Rack; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/oem-rear-rack-black-v7-850-e5

Neither have a back rest, but we can add one for you for a small handful more $. Write me via email if interested.

Hi there,
I have a V7III Stone Night Pack in Bronzo Levigato. I'm going to upgrade to a V7 850 and would like to know if the gas tank and mudguard from my V7III could be transferred to the V7 850. I love this color! Thanks.

To anyone browsing this thread and wondering about this, the answer is yes! I traded my V7III against a V7 850 and the dealer swapped the tank + mudguard. Love the result!
242874120_4662302330467095_4163478899797253711_n.jpg

Back