• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM V85TT E4/E5 EVO FUEL KIT INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will have the RB Evo fuel kit online for purchase HERE - for 2019/20 V85TT's ONLY for now. The kit is similar to a PC-V, but better in that it uses the stock 02-sensors to help correct the fueling in real time once a solid base map is established... and the cost is $525 retail.
This kit helped achieve an honest ~80 rwhp as seen HERE -- using our mandatory SAS Kit also.

Rapid Bike EVO add-on module gives you total control of fueling operations. The plug-n-play harness is directly connected to all stock injectors, and gives you the ability to manage stock lambda sensor signals to allow the exclusive auto-adaptive feature, providing constant real-time adjusting AFR while riding the bike. For twin cylinder engines equipped with double lambda sensors, it allows dual injection maps as well as an auto-correction for each cylinder. The EVO kit also allows ignition table adjustments, and supports a quick shifter sensor (optional), multiple map management, and raising the RPM limiter.

View attachment 22024

G'day Todd !

Biggus ( Rick ) a newby forum member from Oz ( Australia ) here

I've been reading alllll these great posts ..... and re the NEW Rapid Bike EVO module ....
This post is now 9 months old ... It's now 27th Sep 2021

Just c-u-r-i-o-u-s if the NEW RB EVO Module ( to suit 2021 / 2022 V85TT models ) has come out yet ................................... or, IF you have any idea of when it MIGHT be getting released ?!?!?!?!?

Many Thanks for your great advice too !!!

Biggus

I purchased the setup from Todd along with the full exhaust, air filter, and SAS delete. The bike is dramatically quicker and more responsive. The full exhaust is just intoxicating.

I do have a stumble at 5100 rpm that seems to be improving with riding. (I believe this is the unit self-tuning). On my original ride I got a check engine light, however this has not returned in 4-500 miles of riding.

I purchased the setup from Todd along with the full exhaust, air filter, and SAS delete. The bike is dramatically quicker and more responsive. The full exhaust is just intoxicating.
I do have a stumble at 5100 rpm that seems to be improving with riding. (I believe this is the unit self-tuning). On my original ride I got a check engine light, however this has not returned in 4-500 miles of riding.
Thanks for the post!
Please send me an email with the file to have a look at. I’ll also need the EVO serial #.

GREAT news 99 !!!

What Year is your V85TT ?!?

Biggus
( I get mine in about 3-4 weeks - fingers crossed !!! :) )

@GTM® Todd, I notice that RB has an EVO kit for the Aprilia RS660, which uses the same ECU as the E5 V85TT. Does that mean we might be closer to a kit for the V85?

Thanks,

__Jason

I will reach out. Certainly means yes to me(!).
I got a reply from this morning that said, not yet... but it is on their short to do list. I expect to not see it before the first of the year as a guess. Like everything else, Guzzi products don't sell well so get the lowest priority.

Roger that - hanks for checking. I'm sure I'll be itching for exhaust/fueling changing by the start of next year's riding season.
Not long after getting my Centenario, I had a woman pull up at a red light here in Philly and say "Hey! That's a great looking bike! Is it electric?!?"

That won't do at all LOL

__Jason

Does it have any effect on mileage?

The V85TT gets such fantastic range, I'm not opposed to sacrificing a small bit of it. I don't expect it to be a huge impact, though, in day-to-day mileage.

__Jason

The V85TT gets such fantastic range, I'm not opposed to sacrificing a small bit of it. I don't expect it to be a huge impact, though, in day-to-day mileage.
Yep. I hate that question above as it depends on so many factors.
All of my V85TT customers have noted an increase in MPGs once the “new power enjoyment period” is over. ;)

I have the Rabid Bike Evo on my V85 (before Guzzitech had them, sorry, Todd). It truly is plug and play, although it did take me several hours to do so. I completely lost the flat spot between 3000 and 4000 rpm, and the bike feels to pull quite a bit harder. The fuel consumption did not alter measurably. I fitted the module with stock exhaust and air filter, but it has adapted seamlessly to a complete aftermarket pipe, including cat eliminator, as well as freer flowing air filter. Very happy with it and would recommend it. Todd knows what he's about with Guzzis, so if he recommends it, it must do exactly what it says it will.

G'day Todd / Everyone !

Biggus ( Rick ) here in Oz ( or - Orrrrrstraylya as my 'Murikan buddies pronounce it :) )

I now ( finally ) July 2022 - HAVE my hands on my 2021 V85TT :) :) :) and now, after 5 months, have 2000Kms on him ( mine's the Mojave colour scheme - which everyone calls "The Ronald Macdonald colours" ) .... so I've nicknamed him "Ron" :)

I've been gradually obtaining various parts / extras to customise Ron .... all the normal stuff : engine bars, bigger windscreen, decent aftermarket L.E.D. spotlights, non-slip PIVOTPEGS, aftermarket panniers and top box, hand/ lever guards etc etc .... and I've even fitted some auxilliary scroll horns ( with a relay ) so the PATHETIC stock horn is now augmented by two-tone horns which actually make more "NOISE" than an asthmatic ant blowing on a blocked trumpet ( as one owner decribed the stock horn ) .... ( whod'a thunk it possible ?!?!? )

After reading all the information I could find, and knowing just HOW LEAN the V85 comes tuned from the factory - I had the MG dealer fit the MISTRAL 5 plug in module - which tricks the ECU in to thinking that the air is a few degrees cooler than it really is - which then makes the fuel a tad richer right accross the RPM range - and helps keep the engine a tiny bit richer / cooler ... ( also fitted a "high flow" oiled foam air filter as well )

I found a mob here in Oz - who removed the cat' and fitted their own stainless Y-connector arrangement, ... plus they cut the stock muffler end cap off and gutted the muffler internals - then fitted their own, less restrictive internals, then rewelded the end cap back on again. The muffler still "looks stock" but now has a nice deep "burble" .... and the bike has noticeabley better pick up on the highway / acceleration ..... BUT ..... I now get the "popping" on deceleration ( which I expected to happen after reading various reports from others )

The E5 ECU seems to have "self adjusted" quite well overall, and the bike has noticeably better pick up and top end breathing as well ................ but I WOULD like to kill the "popping" on deceleration IF I could ...

I am not aware of ANYONE who has cracked the access code on the E5 module - as yet ( please correct me IF I'm wrong ) .... and I have been following / watching any information I can find HERE on the GTM Forums - and elsewhere .... and I need to ask a question or two RE the "Air Block-Off Kits" if I may ...

I note that there are TWO Block-Off kits available from Todd / GTM .... one for the E4 module bikes ..... and one for the E5 ones. ... ( and I've watched the linked Youtube clip on HOW TO SWAP OVER the supplied parts )
The E4 option has a plug in module ( which I'm assuming is the equivalent of the MISTRAL plug in module ) - Yes / No ?!? ..... whereas, the E5 Kit does not have the plug in module

So, my questions are :
Todd - Once I purchase an E5 Kit from you guys ( once they are available again ) - do I still REMOVE the air pump arrangement - as shown in the video clip ?
( I read the shplurb on the advert for the kit, which says "leave the SAS air pump in place and disconnect the tubing" - which sorta doesn't makes sense ( to me ) ... If it's "disconnected" - then why not REMOVE it ?!? )
Do I leave the MISTRAL fuel module in place ??
Are there any other "tips" for us all to take on board when fitting the Block-Off kit - please ?!?

Many Thanks !
Biggus ( Rick ) in Oz

PS : I've attached a short clip of Ron with the cat' removed and altered muffler internals for you to see / hear
( Hhhmmm ... not SURE if my clip has loaded or not .... Any suggestion on HOW I go about attaching a short video ( .mov ) file ?!?!? )
I CAN'T get a video clip to upload .... so I'm attaching a link to my FAKEbook page ( where I am "Sillious Soddus" - another Monty Python gag name :) ) ... which SHOULD let you watch this clip ..... fingers crossed

facebook.com/groups/200696770129533/user/100040608549954

Once you've entered the FAKEbook site via this link above ... scroll down to the 6th of April entry "Sillious Soddus Australian Moto Guzzi Owners Register (AMGOR)" and scroll down and you will see the video of my wife Wendy ( aka : The Minister for WAR 'n Finances ) - stitting on "Ron" - with the engine running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back