• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Jacket recommendations?

RodgerMillan

Tuned and Synch'ed
I'm can't be able to understand this forum, don't know where to post to get answers.
BTW, Any recommendations on Jackets, I'm new to riding and in need of a full gear, till now I've bought the following:
  1. Gloves: revzilla.com/motorcycle/bilt-sprint-gloves there's a 30% sale on them. I got them in total of $45.
  2. vikingcycle.com/collections/mens-leather-motorcycle-chaps/products/viking-cycle-plain-motorcycle-leather-chaps Got it in $60 total.
  3. leatherup.com/products/xelement-b285-mens-black-denim-motorcycle-vest?variant=13711181479979 Vest, still on the look out. Ordered it last week.
I've thinking of buying vikingcycle.com/collections/mens-motorcycle-gear/products/viking-cycle-ironborn-gray-motorcycle-textile-jacket-for-men?variant=5178834976799 it's cheap and has many options wrt pockets and fittings. However, not sure about the quality. Please do recommend if anyone have better and cheap option in mind. Thanks.

Anything non-Guzzi specific goes in this section. Gear questions are very personal and budget driven. The reviews on RevZilla should help you along.

IMHO, riding gear is not something to skimp on - you generally get what you pay for. Of course, individual budgets are a consideration, but:

• inexpensive jackets typically come with minimal, ineffective armor (if they come with armor at all). If you're serious about protection (who isn't?) you should ensure that it comes with some sort of CE-rated armor AT LEAST for the elbows, shoulder, and back. Pricier jackets also have options for chest and rib protection.
  • for some reason, motorcycle jackets almost never come with a proper back protector, which I'll never understand. Even the ones that do come with a "back pad", its about as effective as a piece of cardboard. Throw it away and get a CE-rated back protector, if the jacket doesn't already come with one... which it most likely does not. Once you figure in the cost of proper armor, cheap jackets stop being so cheap.
  • If you're going the textile route, I would recommend gong for something that has GoreTex, so that you never have to worry about carrying a separate rain suit or being caught in a surprise shower. Again, adds to the $$$. Less-expensive waterproof jackets will often have a separate internal liner (usually zip-out) that keeps you dry. Pricier jackets will have the waterproof membrane laminated into the jacket shell directly, so you don't need a separate liner.
Things like riding jackets, pants, boots, etc are an investment in safety and comfort. Buy the best that you can reasonably afford. Just my 2¢.

__Jason

Buy the best you can for the slide not for the ride. Chaps don't protect what you will probably land on although they look good on the ladies in hot weather.

I'm can't be able to understand this forum, don't know where to post to get answers.
BTW, Any recommendations on Jackets, I'm new to riding and in need of a full gear, till now I've bought the following:
  1. Gloves: revzilla.com/motorcycle/bilt-sprint-gloves there's a 30% sale on them. I got them in total of $45.
  2. vikingcycle.com/collections/mens-leather-motorcycle-chaps/products/viking-cycle-plain-motorcycle-leather-chaps Got it in $60 total.
  3. leatherup.com/products/xelement-b285-mens-black-denim-motorcycle-vest?variant=13711181479979 Vest, still on the look out. Ordered it last week.
I've thinking of buying vikingcycle.com/collections/mens-motorcycle-gear/products/viking-cycle-ironborn-gray-motorcycle-textile-jacket-for-men?variant=5178834976799 it's cheap and has many options wrt pockets and fittings. However, not sure about the quality. Please do recommend if anyone have better and cheap option in mind. Thanks.

What size do you wear? I might be able to help with a VERY inexpensive used (but not abused) Jacket (First Gear Kilimanjaro) and over pants (First Gear Over pants). I am getting out of riding and you could buy these and try these for not much $$. Then, if you like them, keep using until worn out or take what you learned by using them to get something more appropriate for your interests.

FYI, this is "mid-level" cost when purchase new but very good quality riding gear.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Every ride I wear a vest like this

91CFAD31 829B 41F5 8374 EA49C1BC5F42

Over a mesh jacket with a liner ( for cooler weather )

F9D959B8 2F72 4C2C 910E 9DA01C960892
With asphalt pants and boots + gloves !
Oh AND a helmet :)

I’ve tested them by flying over a car and landing “Safely”

Last edited:
I've never heard of viking cycle, but those prices are a bit too good to be true imo.

this time of year, consider checking your local moto shops, there may be some sales. nice to try this stuff on before you buy, too.

Virtually positive these are Pakistani made leather. It's budget quality but I have 2 nice leather jackets made in Pakistan and they are now 4 years old and still work and wear great.

The price of gear does not indicate it's quality of lack thereof in my estimation. I've owned very expensive BMW leathers, Heine Gerike, Cycloak, Tour Master, and other over the years. Some better than others, some ridiculously expensive and not worth it at all.

As Todd wisely said, riding gear is a wildly personal choice, and what one person likes, you may hate, and vice-versa.

Just look at helmet topics...OMG.

My Vanson leathers are over 20 years old and are still in fine shape (despite being crashed in some years back). Zipper on the trousers recently gave up the ghost. I'm planning to send them back to Vanson for a refurb. I expect I could get another 20 years out of them if I wanted to.

I definitely got what I paid for with these... and then some.

__Jason

Virtually positive these are Pakistani made leather. It's budget quality but I have 2 nice leather jackets made in Pakistan and they are now 4 years old and still work and wear great.

The price of gear does not indicate it's quality of lack thereof in my estimation. I've owned very expensive BMW leathers, Heine Gerike, Cycloak, Tour Master, and other over the years. Some better than others, some ridiculously expensive and not worth it at all.

As Todd wisely said, riding gear is a wildly personal choice, and what one person likes, you may hate, and vice-versa.

Just look at helmet topics...OMG.
I don't think it matters much what country it comes from, and he seems to be looking at a textile jacket, not leather.

I agree there's not a perfect correlation between price and quality, but there is generally a floor... $50 is probably beneath that. personal choice only goes so far, nobody will choose to be sliding down the road in a jacket that had burst all of the relevant seams on impact.

I've actually gone away from leather to the woven Kevlar products from Motoport. The stuff isn't cheap but it is comfortable with built in armor and removable liners for warmth and rain protection. Leather during an Alabama summer just doesn't work for me.:)

Hi Rodger,

if you can stretch your budget you will be rewarded for buying a good jacket from a proven manufacturer. Being too hot or too cold on a bike just detracts from the fun of riding a motorcycle. And wrt armour and protection, you will never wonder if you’re over-protected.

I use a Rukka jacket with the back armour and lining removed and wear an in-motion airbag vest underneath. That’s an expensive setup but very comfortable and reassuring. Something for you to consider perhaps.

Happy riding, David

Last edited:
Back