• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V850X! Spy photo and Info!

I am…

• Intrigued and interested!

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Not at all interested in this model.

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
From Moto.it
I again will state it would be a major missed opportunity to not launch a 850 LeMans on their 100th. I hope this is it. Very much looks like it could be.

06107318 F278 4A83 AD53 CF1C7CB0C8B3

A new version of the Moto Guzzi V7 was caught in Mandello. With spoked wheels but sportier setting.

It is certain that Moto Guzzi will present the new V100 Mandello to the public at EICMA , but more could come.

Maybe a new version of the recently revamped V7 family.

This is suggested by an example seen during road testing near the Moto Guzzi factory in Mandello del Lario. The photo taken near Lecco, shows a new set-up based on V7. A model still disguised in aesthetics and probably with non-definitive parts, but which gives a taste of its style.

First of all it shows itself with a smaller LED headlight mounted lower than usual, deflectors covering the fork legs, tank - if it is the definitive one - with rounded lines, sporty short saddle , more extended side panels that join together to the tail with a slender profile and completed by a new rear light.

There are the spoked wheels of the Special version and the round instrument of the Stone model, the pair of exhaust silencers has a new design and dominates the black color for the rims, exhaust system, shock absorbers and engine.

The latter is the V2 90 ° transverse cooled air 853 cc which equips the V7 series updated in model year 2021 . It derives from the one introduced on the V85 TT, it is obviously Euro 5 and has seen the power rise from the previous 52 horsepower at 6,200 rpm to the current 65 hp at 6,800 rpm . Likewise, maximum torque has increased, from 60 to 73 Nm at 5,000 rpm.

Ultimately a model with more sporty features than the V7 Special and Stone and which would expand the offer among the entry models of the Moto Guzzi range.

I just changed my vote from interested to not.

[Wish I could change my vote in some "real" elections. :giggle:]

Anyway, I don't like that tail swoop Scott mentions at all.

Yes, that's a silly reason alone, but if I have a "last new Guzzi" in my future, I think I'll wait how the new V100 looks in ST garb ... or if it will.

Still, glad to see something like that offered as it will certainly appeal to many. It's just not my shot of grappa. ;)

Bill

Needs a bikini or Rickman style Faring !

I’m not really a fan on the tank to tail swoop.
I prefer something with the look of the Sport 1100 or Daytona !
( it was “connected” but not so much of a swoop)

I agree with Bill here. Granted, although they are handsome, (always loved the blue tank one and the racer is hot) the V7 platform has never got my interest because it’s performance just doesn’t have any special pizzazz to me.

One 3 minute ride on my 1200 Sport and I understand why I feel this way about the V7.

The Breva platform was infinitely better and more desirable to me.

I am however, absolutely dead set on acquiring a V100 Mandello in Tenni green as I think it’s awesome and exciting.

Last edited:
I voted “interested” because I really like my V85TT as well as the concept of this possible model, but I would want a small fairing if I were to buy a new sport bike.

I'm all for Guzzi trying a new "look" but at first glance it seems a rather weak effort at a new take on the plastic insect style that has become so tiring.

I chose my V7 in part because it bears no resemblance to a kitchen appliance.

But that's just a harmless eccentric geezers' point of view;)

Well to me it looks like they're trying to get in on that cut that the yammie Mt-07, Triumph trident, SV650 have in the market. Naked kinda sporty look that sounds good and is not intimidating to new riders. Bringing something italian to that mix will sell some bikes i think.

Well the honest truth here gents is that they aren’t making it for us. They are making it to attract buyers who would never have considered a Moto Guzzi before.

The strategy worked wonders with the V7 line and then the V85, and it will work again.

To attract existing Moto Guzzi riders, that’s what the V100 platform is going to be. They certainly got my attention.

Agreed and I actually like what I'm seeing and interested to see final product. That being said I already own the v7 850 stone and would prefer to see their new more modern motor in it with ohc setup. The 850 is good motor but definitely not the sportiness to go with the styling.

Well the honest truth here gents is that they aren’t making it for us. They are making it to attract buyers who would never have considered a Moto Guzzi before.

The strategy worked wonders with the V7 line and then the V85, and it will work again.

To attract existing Moto Guzzi riders, that’s what the V100 platform is going to be. They certainly got my attention.

a "le mans" with only one brake disc, the same fork, the same shock absorbers, same motor, straight position, no thanks.

a "le mans" with only one brake disc, the same fork, the same shock absorbers, same motor, straight position, no thanks.

Speaking of "only one brake disc", when I first got my V7 Cafe/Racer I thought the single brake disc up front was a detriment. However, after riding the bike a thousand miles or so I've come to the realization that the single disc provides all the stopping power I need.

Jason

Speaking of "only one brake disc", when I first got my V7 Cafe/Racer I thought the single brake disc up front was a detriment. However, after riding the bike a thousand miles or so I've come to the realization that the single disc provides all the stopping power I need.Jason
Yes this is the same for my V7 III, a simple machine not sporty.

I think this one should be a "Lario". The "Le Mans" title should be reserved for big blocks. I think it would be foolish to paint themselves into a corner by calling it a "Le Mans", because then what happens when they inevitably release a V100 sport?

With that said, a V100 Le Mans could still be a thing...

__Jason

I think this one should be a "Lario". The "Le Mans" title should be reserved for big blocks. I think it would be foolish to paint themselves into a corner by calling it a "Le Mans", because then what happens when they inevitably release a V100 sport? With that said, a V100 Le Mans could still be a thing...
As blanket reply to all here Jason... Trust me when I say my heart dropped at the thought of a small block wearing the LM name, however a long time Guzzi friend of mine always reminds me of the original 850 LM as to power (~50 hp) and weight (~512 lbs wet). Power is about the same as the new V7 Mk III @749cc. Keep in mind I got my hemi small block Racer Mk III @820cc to 61.5 rwhp and ~460 lbs with my 2-1. I can't see the H20 V100 Guzzi wearing it either.

BB850LM Dyno BB850LM Dyno2

At least with the big-block 850 Le Mans, you had the option of putting on a big bore kit if you wanted. No such luck with the 850 small-blocks :)

__Jason

Back