• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2016 Audace Heated Grips?

Vito J Carabetta

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
My bike finally arrived and I love it so far. I am confused about the heated grips button. It does not do anything when I press it. Someone told me that it is just a remnant from other models and is inoperative, but the owners manual suggests otherwise. Anyone out there have the real answer?

Normally, no problem for a 2016 model everythng is in place, yes.
The problem is only for euro4 models with the new buttons and CC.

Does anyone read what I post or click the links? Cruise control isn't the issue. Ride by wire is.

Does anyone read what I post or click the links? Cruise control isn't the issue. Ride by wire is.
Yes, I do. Electronic cruise control is present , functional and visible. Its presence is physical evidence that ride by wire, that cannot be seen, is there and operative on this model. The heated grip button is then just vestigial from the prior model. Thanks for clearing it up.

Yes, I do. Electronic cruise control is present , functional and visible. Its presence is physical evidence that ride by wire, that cannot be seen, is there and operative on this model. The heated grip button is then just vestigial from the prior model. Thanks for clearing it up.
Ride by wire (for the non-heated grip models) can be clearly seen by the lack of throttle cables, not cruise control.

^ Do I sense a trace of frustration :mad: ? Peter

As I understand it, all models have cruise control and all are ride by wire, but they are physically different. The first models 2014-2016 had the cruise control on the RH Bar and had physical/visible throttle cables connected to a ride by wire "Demand Sensor" under the tank. That sensor caused a lot of problems for some and is big bucks to replace.

Check out the P0155 error thread here https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/getting-the-service-urgent-error-code.18367/

In 2017 Guzzi switched to a pure ride by wire setup with the sensor in the throttle grip and no visible throttle cables. At this time the cruise control moved to the LH Bar and somewhere along the way, the heated grips got dropped (at least the option of guzzi oem ones did). Some have fitted aftermarket versions like Oxford to compensate.

Last edited:
I will get to the point. Issues about the 2017 model are irrelevant . My bike is a 2016, and the cruise control button is on the right side. There is a heated grip button on the front side on the left that does nothing when pressed. Can this bike be fitted with OEM heated grips?

Thank you all kindly for your assistance.

I will get to the point. Issues about the 2017 model are irrelevant . My bike is a 2016, and the cruise control button is on the right side. There is a heated grip button on the front side on the left that does nothing when pressed. Can this bike be fitted with OEM heated grips?

Thank you all kindly for your assistance.

Yes - 99% sure - It's not 100% because I haven't done it myself, but the OEM heated grips are listed for 2016 Audace

If they're still available, you might be stunned by the price.

A cheaper alternative is the Koso Apollo grips mentioned above. I have a set on my Indian FTR1200S, and they are hotter than the Guzzi versions which I have on my Cali 1400 bikes.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it earlier , but I have Koso Apollo grips installed on my 2018 Eldorado . Do not assume
under any circumstances that these are a simple slip on ! The throttle tube is significantly larger in diameter than
your usual tube . Mine took hours of careful sanding to reduce it's diameter and also keep it round for maximum
grip when hot . Get sloppy and they'll twist when heated . They work a treat and the controller on the LH grip is genius !
Peter

Does anyone have a part number for the OEM heated grips for the non fly by wire Eldorado?

Back