• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V11 red frame upper gearbox bracket

HarrierGod

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Can anyone provide dimensions for the upper gearbox bracket used on red frame V11 Sport,
Or know of a shop reproducing them?
pic for reference, but it doesn't show much
Thanks

Gearbox bracket

Mine is missing. My original gearbox case cracked and I'd like to install this bracket to prevent damage to the new gearbox.

Can anyone provide dimensions for the upper gearbox bracket used on red frame V11 Sport, Or know of a shop reproducing them? pic for reference, but it doesn't show much
Same as Scott, I don't think I've seen this to date. Do you have a better photo of it or what it bolts to? I can likely make it for you on my plasma table if I have dimensions, or a diagram on what it bolts to. I have a 6-spd gearbox and bare Spine frame in my shop.

This is a bit of a guess, but I reckon it might be part number 01 42 01 60 "Plate connection frame".

If you email me (guzzigander@gmail.com), I can send you the parts manual for the 2002 Le Mans so than you can be sure this is the correct number.

Dave, your part # is the lower frame connection on the newer "long" Spine frame (second pic below). I just found what he's asking for directly below. The part #15 is GU01202830, but it is showing NLA everywhere I have looked... and I don't think I've personally seen one in the five I've owned.

V11S TransMnt

V11S FrameConnect

... and I don't think I've personally seen one in the five I've owned.

My short-frame 2000 has it. There was quite a bit of discussion about this... somewhere... on one of the forums, and now I can't find it for the life of me. The stock part is not red like the photo in the o.p. I've seen that one before... I think someone had it fabricated and painted/powder coated. I'm trying to remember the thread history, but I think the consensus that was reached was that early short-frames did indeed have the bracket, but eventually they stopped including it for whatever reason. Or, it was simply random?!? In any case, SOME short-frames have the bracket, and others do not.

As noted, when the long-frame was introduced, it had an entirely different bracing supplement on the sides.

Also, I think a similar brace existed on earlier spine frames, such as the Sport 1100, but due to the different gearboxes, the brace is not a direct swap.

I wish I had more/better info. There is probably a chapter on this part in the "Mandello Book of Mysteries", which also contains all Guzzi paint codes LOL

__Jason

Thanks for the clarification, Todd.

I have a 2002 Le Mans purchased new, and only have the parts manual for this model. Hence my hesitation in identifying the part.

The first time I met you Todd, dunno if you will recall, was when you were selling me a Dynojet power commander for my Le Mans. We met on Pico Blvd if my memory serves me right.

I am a hoarder of information. Below is a collection of notes for the V11 series I scored off the interweb many years ago for anyone that it interested. None is my opinion, just information I found;

Breakdown of changes in year models from 1999-2005.

The V11 sport variants (referred to here as just 'V11') have been produced from about '99 to 2005.

Major similarities: All the V11 models are 'spine frame' bikes. The name derives from the large square 'spine' that runs along
the center of the bike between the cylinders and serves as the main frame component,

All the V11 variants have the normal Guzzi two cylinder, two valve/cylinder motor that is in a higher state of tune than the 'cruiser' model Guzzi's.

The valves must be adjusted- they are not hydraulic.

All the V11 variants have the six-speed transmission and a hydraulic clutch. Older spine frame Guzzi's like the 1100 sport, 1100 Sport, etc. have a 5 speed box.

Real changes in the bikes from inception to end are small and incremental.

1999-2001 models have a (shorter) red frame and have steeper steering geometry than later models (except Rosso Mandelo).

They handle 'quicker' or some say 'more twitchy'. Some say they are unstable at high speed- I've never had a problem.

The 99-01 models have clip-ons mounted below the upper triple clamp and have Veglia (brand) instruments. They
have a thinner rear tire (4.5") and the brake rotors have circular holes in them; apparently the 'circular hole rotors' are
more prone to warping than later rotors.

Guzzi went to a longer wheelbase in late '01 or '02 to increase high speed stability. The '01 Rosso Mandello still has
the short wheelbase of the 00 V11, only the rake of the fork was relaxed a little, about a half a degree. This kept the
steering quick, but a little less twitchy at high speeds.

Some folks have suggested that appropriate tire choice (Pirelli Diablo) gives a machine that handles like the '00-01 models. '02 and later models have additional bracing in the frame and a wider 5.5" rear wheel. New front forks with the clip-ons mounted above the triple clamp are standard.

'02 and later models have black engine paint. The '02 model paint is 'fuzzy' and is prone to flaking and blistering off- so it
looked horrible- and Guzzi offered new cases to those afflicted with it. New brake rotors (triangular holes) are stock.

Late '02 models have commonly been rebadged as '03 models. True '03 models should have a '3' in the VIN and have 'satin' engine paint. Fuzzy engine paint on an '03 model is an indication that it is a rebadged '02.

In '02 or '03, Guzzi changed the electric gas petcock out for a manual version.

'03 was a 'big' year for changes in the V11; many improvements were made. Fork diameter is larger, front axle diameter is larger and the axle is hollow. A front crossover or balance pipe is added above the alternator (improves midrange performance). The engine has a *claimed* higher compression set of pistons, which are now cooled by an oil jet (more on this below).

The fuel pump was relocated to the interior of the gas tank, so '03+ models do not suffer from vapor lock like earlier models (see below). Several cosmetic modifications are present as well- the 'chin pad' is gone in favor of a smooth tank. The engine paint is satin black, the fairing (if present) mounts further ahead on a different 'gooseneck' mount. Gauges are now ITT brand.

Thanks for the clarification, Todd.
I have a 2002 Le Mans purchased new, and only have the parts manual for this model. Hence my hesitation in identifying the part.
The first time I met you Todd, dunno if you will recall, was when you were selling me a Dynojet power commander for my Le Mans. We met on Pico Blvd if my memory serves me right.
I am a hoarder of information. Below is a collection of notes for the V11 series I scored off the interweb many years ago for anyone that it interested. None is my opinion, just information I found;
Welcome Dave, you are correct on the meeting spot; https://goo.gl/maps/1LZGQHV2VAFi6wDKA
Only a small handful of that info is correct, fun to read though. Thanks for posting.

I did find a pic of a smashed red frame on eBay in Florida, pictured below, with the welded bracket on the frame facing upwards since the frame is inverted. No bolt-on trans bracket listed there. I think (by choice), every Spiney I've owned was a 2002+ long frame, hence why I've not seen this bracket before now.

V11Sp Frame

My dead V11 LM long frame on display at my shop does not have the tabs for the bracket above, but it did have the lower trans brace.

77E738B7 9176 42BA 86A6 7B3F69CD0E7D

I found a forum post on another site that gives the name and link to a shop that has made a few kits of what you are looking tor.

“…The only thing I might add, since your bike is an '01 model, I am guessing it has the same frame as the redframe? If so, I would definitely install the transmission brace to keep it from cracking again. The mechanic that fixed my bike has fabricated a few kits with the bracket and fastener and has sold several. This attaches the bellhousing to the frame. The later model bikes have an upgraded frame that doesn't need the bracket. I am not sure about the Mandello model.

If you need the brace, here is the website.

motivcycleworks.com “

Back