• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM ECU V7 & V9 Flash Tool

Please allow me to double confirm, that the use of the flash unit can still improve throttle response and jerkiness, just the improvement may be less than with the EVAP canister removed, correct?
And that not removing the EVAP canister will not have adverse effect that need to worry about?
Lastly, would you have any mapping that is for when the EVAP canister is still in place? I would love to remove the EVAP canister but looks like my luck will be very limited this time.
Welcome... however the evap is well covered on this Forum, so I can't keep repeating myself here...
The ECU flash will improve the throttle control. If there are additional issues, those would be related to the evap, and I cannot chase them with the mapping or have you be upset with me over this.
All of my mapping is built around the evap, as again it's an air intake leak which is not good. You can run my map with the evap in place, then see above notes again.

I missed responding to your last question. Yes, I checked underneath the bike and believe what I see is the EVAP canister.

Welcome... however the evap is well covered on this Forum, so I can't keep repeating myself here...
The ECU flash will improve the throttle control. If there are additional issues, those would be related to the evap, and I cannot chase them with the mapping or have you be upset with me over this.
All of my mapping is built around the evap, as again it's an air intake leak which is not good. You can run my map with the evap in place, then see above notes again.

Thanks Todd, I get it. I won’t be upset at all if you don’t have a mapping for my situation. I understand the way I am planning to use the flash unit is different to the conditions it is meant to be used. By the way, I am turning over to emailing you so I don’t disturb the forum with my case specific questions.

I just got the tool and did my reflash but have no idea how to do a TPS Reset with it. I go under Diagnostics and there's nothing saying "THROTTLE POSITION RESET for ALL models" like the manual says, am I missing something? I'm kinda scared to randomly press buttons lol

I just got the tool and did my reflash but have no idea how to do a TPS Reset with it. I go under Diagnostics and there's nothing saying "THROTTLE POSITION RESET for ALL models" like the manual says, am I missing something? I'm kinda scared to randomly press buttons lol
Diagnosis -> My Vehicle

Diagnosis -> My Vehicle
I did try that and it comes up with an error and I can't access it for some reason. Something like Function unavailable or something? I unplugged everything but I can go back and get the exact error if you'd like?

I did try that and it comes up with an error and I can't access it for some reason. Something like Function unavailable or something? I unplugged everything but I can go back and get the exact error if you'd like?
Year and model? >’12 V7s are manually set only.

2009 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
Pretty sure we spoke about this via email. I'll be clearer. 2009-2012 V7s MUST be set checked/set manually; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/discontinued-alaris-centurion-vdsts-info-instructions.1676/ -- They cannot be "set" via the flash tool.

I also state with every send, but I'll post here for the record, that valve lash, throttle body balance, with no intake or exhaust leaks, fuel injectors professionally cleaned are all a MUST on older machines. The bike must run well before using our re-flash. Our maps are built around those basics, and our flash will not correct an aged machine out of service specs and maintenance.

Pretty sure we spoke about this via email. I'll be clearer. 2009-2012 V7s MUST be set checked/set manually; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/discontinued-alaris-centurion-vdsts-info-instructions.1676/ -- They cannot be "set" via the flash tool.

I also state with every send, but I'll post here for the record, that valve lash, throttle body balance, with no intake or exhaust leaks, fuel injectors professionally cleaned are all a MUST on older machines. The bike must run well before using our re-flash. Our maps are built around those basics, and our flash will not correct an aged machine out of service specs and maintenance.

Ah gotcha, I think you might be chatting with someone else about the same thing. but either way totally appreciate the extra explanation! Thanks so much, thankfully my bike is tip top condition especially for a 2009 haha, so everything worked great I just wasn't sure if I was missing something in order to do that TPS Reset, but all good :)

Its amazing how much better the bike runs now, I've almost never experienced it kicking over first try when cold in colder weather, took me off guard haha.

Guys, I'm getting bombarded with questions on the V7-850 E5 fueling. Please note: With global chip shortages, everything is at a standstill right now, and the fact that Guzzi changed the access plug on the bike puts another big hurdle in the way. Stay tuned though. We'll get there.

2012 V7 classic. Here is where I am at.... I did the Evap Can and pressure valve removal flashed the new map then go to do the throttle position command and it is not there in my GT Flash tool. I then spend lots time reading and search the forum and now it seems that my bike can only be done manually but it doesn't say this in the PDF or in the emails. Now I have a bike with all the removed stuff that is not going to run right by what these instruction are saying unless I do a TP. One person wrote that you can either find someone with this software or take it to a dealer but the instructions also say flash to factory if you take it into to dealer for service!!!
Is this a big deal to do the throttle position or no? do I need to do this? Did I just spent a lots of money to get this GT flash tool and lots of hours doing the Evap mods and now have a bike that is not as good as before. Anyone know what I should or can do?

On a '09-12 with 15RC ECU, it's not mandatory like the 2013-2020 models with the MIU ECU.
Ok thanks I have been stressing over this for hours try to figure this out. The email I got was very clear that is was "Mandatory for it to work correctly" glad to know its ok to ride. Hopefully I can get out tomorrow and try it out.

Have you guys been experiencing rough running at cold start? Acts like it wants to stall. More common during cold outside temperatures (30-50 degrees Fahrenheit). Goes away once the engine warms up.

Also, is the specifications for valve clearance different with the ECU flash?

2020 V7 III
•ECU flash
•SAS & evap delete
•MIVV exhaust, no cat & no baffles
•K&N air filter

Also, is the specifications for valve clearance different with the ECU flash?
The bike should snap to life and instantly take throttle and idle well, stone cold.
Different in the sense of ? We build our maps around the Euro spec of .006/.008" - so yes in a way it does. If your bike doesn't snap to life, check/set them and/or reset the TPS again (frequently). If you still have problems, read the error codes, and send the last *.usr map back to us for correction.

The bike should snap to life and instantly take throttle and idle well, stone cold.
Different in the sense of ? We build our maps around the Euro spec of .006/.008" - so yes in a way it does. If your bike doesn't snap to life, check/set them and/or reset the TPS again (frequently). If you still have problems, read the error codes, and send the last *.usr map back to us for correction.
Awesome. Thanks! I’ll let you know my findings.

First ride this morning with my bone stock V7III after the re-flash. I cannot say I was unhappy with the OEM fueling map but it did feel like help was needed, particularly on part throttle in the lower rev range. My bike didn't behave as badly as some respondents have mentioned though.

In the first few miles it felt smoother overall and as I got out of town and on the mountain road the improvement became more evident. Overall better throttle response without any trace of hesitation, totally predictable, no flat spots. On a couple of occasions I needed to pass slower traffic and the engine felt noticeably more willing to rev, pulling up to 90 on a long uphill passing opportunity. Frankly I was surprised at how effortlessly it attained that speed.

Starting cold or hot is instant and the idle which felt kind of lumpy is now smooth with no hunting up and down.

The process of updating the FT and the initial ECU read didn't go smoothly but that was due to my rusty skills with the PC. I've been using Macs exclusively since 2006 so I literally had to dig out my Windows machine from a closet and dust it off. It's a fussy old thing but eventually I got it right.

If you're a rider who is critical of throttle response and appreciates a modern engine that runs "properly" this gizmo is the real goods and the diagnostic ability is a plus.

Thanks to Todd and GTM for helping to make a worthwhile improvement so easy to do.

Last edited:
Back