• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Le Mans Mk1 buying advice

Hi guys I'm new here so first hi to all. Today I looked at a mk1 LM which is supposedly a '76 model. The bike has sat in a shed the last five years and not started. I'm assured and believe it was running well when the last owner past away but I worry as it has 71,000km on it and I need to make an offer without it running, its for sale as is at present. It is black and the seller told me it was an available option in Oz, true or not? It is showing it's age and I'd definitely be spending money there tidying it and I suspect repainting red or blue, back original. How I should value this. The owner is asking $18,000NZ which I think is pretty steep. Cheers.

G'day
The LM certainly at least is all there but will need some work obviously
The only saving grace is the owner is a little vintage as well, so bike should not be thrashed at least
The Le Mans did not have chrome bores, the touring T2 onward did
Regardless as mentioned, it will still require brakes, carbs etc to get it going and assess from there
The price is way too high..
I have a well ridden Mk1 (956) and I would not be asking those $$s for it so a bike in that condition is questionable. Depends how badly you want to be a Le Mans owner
Gaz

Hi everyone, new to the forum. I have a MK V Lemans and it sure puts a coat hanger in my gob I can tell ya. She aint original (ditched all that ugly plastic crap etc) clipons, usd forks and we're good . My other ride is an 02 sport special, I'm short in the arm and have fitted 50mm risers (sockets)to lift the bars but I need more sweep. My thoughts are to fit stock Griso risers but am unsure how much rise they have. The Cals bars are 30mm dia, so I hope to machine the risers to take the fatter bar. Any help would be appreciated.

Back