• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Airbox

David Toll

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. My name is David Toll and I am the new owner of a 2008 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic. I have spent the last 3 years rebuilding a Yamaha XS 650 SE and now that it is complete, I have turned my fancy to the other "retro classic" I always wanted to own - the Moto Guzzi. I have established a reasonable reputation and a number of lasting friendships on the XS 650 forum and have found the assistance of my fellow owners to be invaluable. I look forward to interacting with the members of this Forum in the same way.
Firstly, my bike. She is a 2008 V7 Classic with 60k on the clock. High mileage, I know, but I wanted an original model and when this one came up for sale locally, (Gold Coast), I inspected her and found the condition to be remarkable. The previous owner had been OCD on his maintenance and care for the machine and I decided she was right for me.
Secondly, my mechanical experience. As stated, I rebuilt the 650 from the ground up following a "resto-mod" procedure. As motorcyclists, you will enjoy the way she looks and I will post a few pics when I work out how to do it. The XS is a simple machine. The Guzzi is not - not to me yet anyway. I will, therefore, ask a series of inane questions over the next couple of years which I hope you will treat with condescension and consideration as I struggle to restore and maintain this lovely Italian.
I removed the right hand cover during my initial wander around the bike and found that the two tapered self tapping screws that fix the airbox to the frame were protruding from their steel and rubber mounts. Upon removal, I discovered that the airbox seemed to be 3 - 4 mm too far to the rear and the holes did not align making it impossible to tighten these screws into the box itself. My question concerns what I have to remove so that I can pull the box forward to line up the hoes. I have fooled around with the fittings at the front of the rear mudguard but there are a lot of relays and screws in fuse boxes and clips which don't seem to affect the mounting of the airbox. Should I remove the tank and delve into the fixings over the engine and, if so, are there any pitfalls I should be wary of.
Many thanks for any assistance.
Cheers

I would start by getting the manuals for your bike. Parts manual shows the mount points to loosen, then the clamps on throttle body rubbers. Now you can push it into position for misaligned screws.
There are manuals in the download section. The air filter is up front, accessible easily from the RH side.
Tank off you can see it all, just a fuel line, few breather hoses & power plug.

Cheers Steve. I did the XS without a manual. Made easy by the XS forum support and the wealth of You Tube type coverage for just about every job. As I said, the XS was a simpler affair.
I would like a book type manual but Clymer and Haynes have nothing. I have downloaded the Guzzitech manual but it has a few gaps which I'll undoubtedly fill by reference to this forum - you've already told me what to look for when slipping the tank.

Back