• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Accessory Availability

mojohand

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hi all,

in my research to determine a second bike, the Griso is high on my list. I'm curious about how available accessories seem to be--do dealers tend to stock things like panniers, tail bag, tank bag, windshields? Or do you have to wiat for them to get them from Italy?

Most carry a few items, but there are plenty of after market items available online with short lead times. MG adds are usually expensive and not always the best. Do a little research here, there are some very nice photos of Grisos decked out with extras.

I've only ordered a small tank bag for my G8V, and the dealer I ordered it from had to have it shipped (from New York, I think). But it didn't take too long to get it.. the dealer I go to doesn't stock many accessories, but always offers to have it ordered.

The bag I ordered fits great and looks excellent on the bike, I'll order MG accessories in the future.

The small Guzzi tankbag is fine, the large is just too gruesome. As far as other accessories are concerned, for example, rear rack, pannier framework, topbox, panniers, front of engine crashbars, go Hepco and Becker. I used to have those Guzzi items, junked them in favour of H & B, much better.

Wondering if anyone here has seen a tank bag of this type...

My father had an '86 BMW, also a Centauro, but I remember he had a tank bag for his BMW that was fairly large and on the top had a clear plastic section that zippered/zip-locked shut and it was VERY convenient for putting in a map for long road trips..

Unfortunately he passed 8 years ago, but if anyone has seen something like this for a Griso.. OEM or aftermarket, please let me know.

Thanks!

The 'Large' Guzzi tank-bag for the Griso has a transparent map pocket. Certainly it isn't the prettiest piece of luggage I've ever seen but it is capacious and fit's well. The Griso paniers are a bit 'How's yer father' and it should be noted that they won't fit if you have a Termi or some of the other aftermarket pipes, (The racks won't fit with a Mistral Hi-Pipe either.).

With screens? The 'Small' Griso flyscreen is, IMHO neither use nor ornament. The 'Big' screen OTOH works very well. I use the 'Big' screen in summer and have a National Cycle 'Street Shield' that I use for the cooler months. some people think its as ugly as a hat full of farty arseholes but I really don't mind it and it is VERY effective.

As for availability? Can't help you in the USA but I'd think that most of the 'Common' things like screens, tank bags and paniersand racks would be in stock in atlanta or werever their main warehouse is. One thing that does piss me off is that there is no heated grip option ex-factory for the Big G??? Why? All the other models you can get heated grips for, even if they are pricey. I've had to fit Oxfords which are absolute shit. If anyone has any other duggestions for better options I'm all ears.

Pete

I'm a big fan of the large GRiSO tank bag. It is totally functional and is often the only piece of luggage I need for overnighters when staying at a hotel/motel. Sure, it's big, but who cares? It's only on while touring and it's brilliant for that purpose. I couple mine with the Ventura luggage system for longer trips precisely because it goes on and comes off quickly so not to bugger the good looks of the GRiSO when not touring.

Lots of cool aftermarket stuff from Rossopuro and Stucchi Luigi for the GRiSO too.

While travelling this summer on Pinko in the US the only luggage I took was the 'Big' tank bag and a tail bag. we were motelling it rather than camping but I was on the road for a week or so. As well as spare clothes and toiletries I was also carrying a few tools and Navigator, my laptop with all its assorted paraphenalia and a camera etc. and found I had more than adequate room.

4736268781_e190477a3d_z.jpg

If I'm camping/rallying I put the full kit on the Griso Verde.

5006122348_542dc0224e_z.jpg

Pete

Pete(quote). One thing that does piss me off is that there is no heated grip option ex-factory for the Big G??? Why? All the other models you can get heated grips for, even if they are pricey. I've had to fit Oxfords which are absolute shit. If anyone has any other duggestions for better options I'm all ears.

Pete[/quote]
Hi Pete. I fitted Hein Gerrick grips to my griso. Don`t know if you can fet them down under, but worth the £50 I paid for them 3 years ago. They come with an electronic controler which gives you 4 settings. 50%-60%-75%-100%. The mounting bracket for the controler lines up perfectly with the clutch bracket holes and they even give you new longer bolts and spacers to stand it off from the bracket. Not too shabby a fit methinks. If I can remember how to do it, I`ll shove a photo up.

072c7d71.jpg

I use the Wolfman Express Tank Bag on my Griso SE, fits great, easy to use and not too big for day / weekend trips.

Almost bought this Italian FAMSA one, but already have a touring tank bag I can use for bigger trips.

I have the MG screen, rear carrier and workshop stand, I got them all from stock at a dealer, and thought the prices were pretty reasonable tbh. Got the standard Symtec grips to go on this week.

I just got back from an 900 Mile trip to/from the Texas Hill Country.

These pictures show the Cortech panniers and tail bag. The tank bag is an old Roadgear that I've had for years. The pipe is the GT-Rx from Guzzi-tech and it all clears nicely

Attachments

• Griso luggage 02.jpg
    Griso luggage 02.jpg
    853.8 KB · Views: 952
  • Griso luggage.jpg
    Griso luggage.jpg
    1,008.7 KB · Views: 952
  • Griso luggage 03.jpg
    Griso luggage 03.jpg
    936.3 KB · Views: 952
I was up in that area as well this weekend. 500miles or so.

Were you headed to the Harvest Classic?

I was at an Artist Retreat Thursday thru Sunday at Laity Lodge just north of Leakey. I left Dallas on Wednesday, stayed in Fredericksburg that night and rode over on Thursday. I left Sunday around noon and turned a 6 hour or so ride into 9.5 hours just enjoying the roads :)

With screens? The 'Small' Griso flyscreen is, IMHO neither use nor ornament. The 'Big' screen OTOH works very well. I use the 'Big' screen in summer and have a National Cycle 'Street Shield' that I use for the cooler months. some people think its as ugly as a hat full of farty arseholes but I really don't mind it and it is VERY effective.

Pete,
I am looking for only one screen to work universally mostly through the summer months but into fall as well. Would you recommend going all the way with a National Cycle or do you think the 'Big' screen will fit my needs. Just looking for less helmet wind. Thanks.

probably a better option is one of the Givi screens, Several forum members have them. Bigger than the 'Big' Guzzi screen but not a huge sail like the National Cycle Item I have.

I use a convertible system in which I mount a larger windshield OVER a smaller one as needed.

The smaller one is the Guzzi small shield, mounted permanently. The larger is the National Cycle Street Shield EX, which has a quick-mounting/dismounting system as delivered. It's only less than a minute to add or remove the larger shield as needed. It fits nicely over the small Guzzi shield in its standard position.

I find the small Guzzi shield is helpful at high speeds in fine weather: it reduces wind blast. The National Cycle item is excellent for longer trips where you might encounter bad weather. (Or find yourself on long straight roads in Australia.) I mostly go on day rides of less than 200 miles over winding roads in SW Wisconsin, and rarely put on the large shield.

I am a huge fan of the FAMSA tank bag. Besides it working very well it is transferrable to other bikes. They sell base mounts for whatever bike you have and the tank bag zippers to it. I also have the base for a Ducati Multistrada. Can also be used off the bike with supplied straps. High quality Italian workmanship

moto said:
The smaller one is the Guzzi small shield, mounted permanently. The larger is the National Cycle Street Shield EX, which has a quick-mounting/dismounting system as delivered. It's only less than a minute to add or remove the larger shield as needed. It fits nicely over the small Guzzi shield in its standard position.

Same screen as I use. It does make the steering a bit heavier at speed but as Moto says it is very effective. It won't fit over the 'Large' Guzzi screen though but swapping 'em as I do with the change of seasons only takes 20 minutes or less.

Pete

Back