• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

More Griso handlebars

MarcoRod

Tuned and Synch'ed
Split from the Classifieds...

Griso_stripper_800.jpg

Are those stock bars or aftermarket?

Re:2007 Griso 1100 - $8000 obo

I think those are the Pro-Taper CR High bars.

I have since switched to alloy Renthal Superbike bars that required adapters from Scott's Performance to reduce the bar mounts to 7/8".

The Superbike bars have A LOT more pullback than the Pro Taper bars do, making the reach to the bars a lot shorter.

Waaaaaayyyy better for me, as I always thought the bars were too far forward.

Of course, YMMV.

Here's a shot of them:

Renthalbars.jpg

-Jack

Sorry to bug ya, but i am looking for the superbike bars and am having no joy. Road hi,lo,med,streetfighter, but no superbike. I, like you am looking for bars that sweep back more, do you remember which bars you chose.....

Thanks...

I found these Renthal bars at a m/c accessory store in Long Beach, CA a few years ago.

I have since discovered that just about no one in the US carries these.

They are available from UK suppliers, and I think these are the Road Lo, as they have about 2-2 1/4 inches of rise.

Remember, the ones I have are 7/8" diameter bars.

These are NOT Pro-Taper style bars.

HTH

-Jack

If you don't mind using the 7/8" adapters from Scott's Performance, these bars are very similar to the ons on my bike.

Do a search for eBay item #380126289298

-Jack

If you guys are looking for some significant rise AND pullback,Im running ROX RISERS on my Griso.They give the ability to use the stock bars,but with 2.25" of rise/rotation.Google them.Require longer brake line,but clutch line can be rerouted.JW

Has anyone fitted Rizoma bars to their Griso? I was thinking to use them or the Tuono Bar... any opinions?

Vivo

Hi,
I just purchased the rox risers. My guzzi mechanic friend said he'd have to have the brake cables made - about $150.
With the cost of the risers, labor and the cables - about $315 total... do you think it is worth having the risers? I'm just 5'4 - so do need to stretch out and put my weight on the handle bars. On long rides I need to shake out my wrists since my hands get numb. Still are you really happy with the change in adding the risers?
Thanks so much for the feedback!

I'm looking at the Rox risers for my '07 Griso 1100 and found this thread by searching the forums. I got some improvement changing to Rizoma bars since they have more sweep than the original bars, bit still too long a reach for me, my arms are straight out. Total width on the Rizoma bars is 29.5", nearly 2" shorter than stock, and at full lock left, the left handlebar switch just barely clears the tank, I think I could get a .003" feeler gauge in between. I have them on my other bikes and like them.

So for the Griso I'm thinking of keeping the Rizomas and using the shorter 1.75" rise Rox pivoting risers. Has anyone tried those?
"Low Pro 1 3/4"rise x 1 1/8" Stem Clamp x 1 1/8" Handlebar Dual Sport Motorcycle Pivoting Risers"
Product number 3R-P2PPL
http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/ ... cat_id=268

Here's a pic of my bike with Rizoma bars:

6277560840_2eb1cc9482_b.jpg

Don't want to be impolite but those roxspeed risers shown in the link above are a truly an ugly solution to the problem but like a lot of things if they do the job I guess you can live with them.
If you have to start replacing hydraulic lines etc. it starts to become a bit expensive.

This might help some people it worked well for me for not much cost..

https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/topic. ... ion#p54095

Mark

Ugly, for sure! :)

I did see your risers, that looks like a great solution. Are you going into production, as others asked?

In the meantime, I'm looking at the dimensions on other bars, ProTaper, renthal, Fly racing, LSL, ...

Kurt,
Definitely not going in to production, got to many jobs to be done around home before I have time to spare for this type of thing. I just posted the idea to show people an alternative way to solve the problem.

It is really not that hard to do even for someone with only a rudimentary idea of how to use hand tools.
The only difficult bit might be obtaining suitable aluminium plate but your local supplier might have some suitable offcuts, you don't need much.
You could just as easily use steel which would be easier to obtain but would be bit harder to work with and might not look as good.
You just need to be a bit patient working it to the correct shape but it is the sort of job you can spend some time on and then leave it and come back to it later.
The important thing is to work out what size spacer you need by testing different heights before you make the final part. This also gives you an idea if you will need to reposition or replace wring and hydraulic lines.
I must also stress that it is critical to use the correct material and length bolt for the testing and final product, don't use cheap mild steel from the local hardware.
Mark

Thanks, Mark, I appreciate the encouragement. I could see making up the spacers, hours of enjoyment with hacksaw and files! I think the solution for me would be more along the line of set-backs or offsets rather than risers. I did try the Roz off-set block risers, but the Griso bolt spacing is too wide for them (but I found a use for them on another bike).

Getting back to the Rox pivoting risers, I think they would allow me to adjust for the offset that I need. It could be that "ugly" is is the eye of the beholder, or that comfort trumps looks! So I'm wondering if humboldtguzzi is reading this thread, and if so, would you provide us with a pic of your Rox installation?

Thanks,

Back