• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bellagio TPS

Charlie J

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Gday I connected a mates 2010 Bellagio to my VDST to reset the TPS after I adjusted the Valve clearances. On connection VDST said TPS was 3.8 Reset TPS and got 3.1 ????? Id set the VDST to read a 5AM, I couldnt see a sticker on the ECU,but it looks identical to the 5AM on my Griso.Whats goin on ?

Good question, for sure it is a 5AM, however it's a mechanical hybrid system between the Cali and other modern CARCs. The manual calls for the TPS to be; 4.7 +/- 0.2º. How's it run?
The Bellagio TPS is not physically adjustable, even though the manual states it is.

Charlie, while not understanding all the ins and outs if your VDSTS system is the 'Model Speciic' one for the Griso/Breva?Norge I'd suggest that the way the TPS signal will be interpretted will be very different. Methinks there will be a problem.

Pete

Pete my VDST covers a few ECU's P8,15 RC 5AM and a couple of others,and I reckon it is a good thing. I hereby confess to the most basic electrical knowledge so any guidance will be appreciated,(indicated by the above questions)
The yellow paint on the sensor screws is not the same as that on the butterfly stops and other points around the bike.....hmmm. As to how the bike is running,apparently alright without popping and backfiring etc. Cheers.

Charlie J said:
Pete my VDST covers a few ECU's P8,15 RC 5AW and a couple of others,and I reckon it is a good thing. l hereby confess to the most basic electrical knowledge so any guidance will be appreciated,(indicated by the above questions)
The yellow paint on the sensor screws is not the same as that on the butterfly stops and other points around the bike.....hmmm. As to how the bike is running,apparently alright without popping and backfiring etc. Cheers.

To read Q and R, or what I call pins one and two, you back probe through the connector. The connector must be connected or you can't get the voltage. You can use specific back probes for your meter, or insert lengths of safety wire into the back side of the plug. I use an ohm reading to confirm the wires are making contact with the connectors, then install the plug into the TPS. Be sure you don't let the wires touch or you may damage the ECU. Since we have learned the TPS is not adjustable, you can see what the voltage output the ECU is reading and can verify that it changes. However, if you are reading the TPS position with software, there isn't much of a need to read voltage directly with a DVM.

Charlie J said:
Thank you John.Regarding pins 1 and 2 which is positive and which negative?

Don't remember. If you hook it up backwards, the DVM will read negative voltage, just reverse the leads.

Also I suggest you don't set the TPS o 150 mV until you get the rest of the procedure for setting the idle opening. I don't know if it is like the California Vintage or not in the VDSTS thread. Please wait until someone familiar with the Bellagio setup can give you the rest of the procedure.

depends on the map in the ecu what the reset will give. I gets the value of the lowest step in the steps between 0 and 100 % with other carc bikes its 4.6 or 4.7 But if lowest step is 3.1 that would explain it. Reading the map out of the ecu with ducatidiag and then opening it in ecm would display the map.

The reset tps doen't give a value that it shold be set at, the ecu gets the command "reset tps", and does what it knows it should be. Breva 750 also has 3.1 The bellagio has the pf3c as tps, maybe they put an old map in there?

The bellagio has the same ecu as the Breva 1100.

The manual is very confusing as it say it the balacing the throttle bosies part it should be 4.7 but that seems to e a cut and paste from a breva manul however read on.

The Bellagio TPS should be set at 3.6 +/- 1 so your original reading of 3.8 was close. you DO NOT use the reset TPS function on the VSDTS Axone or what ever as it has the California throttle bodies and an physically adjustable TPS Sensor. 536mV

Page P-Sup 152 of the manual.

Rob

Back