• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Suspension lowering kit griso

kiwi8v

Just got it firing!
There is a company called Westmoreland Moto Guzzi on facebook and they also have a web site. They advertise a lowering kit for the Griso. My problem is they wont answer my emails or postings. Not sure what the story is but seems odd to spend all that money advertising and them not answering a genuine customer. Has anyone been in contact with them or could someone in the the neighbourhood give them a phone call on my behalf . Its the only lowering kit I have been able to source, but bloody frustrating that they wont reply to my communications. :roll: :roll:

There's little enough travel at the back anyway, lowering it will turn it into a hardtail!

If full travel is maintained the tyre will eviscerate the under seat area with any meaningful drop.

Pete

Easiest and cheapest would be to lower the seat. If you really want to lower the suspension, I can be of help with a custom rear shorter shock and the forks would have to be modified internally in order to keep the bike handling correctly.

Have you thought of some boots that are built up.
It will have same effect without the loss of suspension or ground clearance and is whole lot cheaper than the bike mods.
If it doesn't work you can always go the seat option and then the suspension.
If you ride bumpy roads the loss of suspension travel isn't going to enhance your riding experience.
There are companies in Europe who make these boots or maybe a local shoe repairer might be able modify some for you.
Search Google to find some options.

See that's the problem if you are short and post about bike lowering your get the standard wise cracks about platform boots. I would have bought a Griso but could not touch the ground on it due to the seat width. I could not reach the side stand either! The Bellagio is slightly better, but my speed triple which is higher but has a narrow seat is perfect.

Guzzi's are not good bikes if you are short and want to get both feet down. If you can cope with getting one foot down and the weight of a Guzzi you will be ok. Nice to see modern bikes now with adjustable seat height.

Yes there is always someone that likes to see themselves in print at the expense of others. In forty years of riding with a lot of other motorcyclists, have found that most of us have the same riding ability with the odd one who are just naturals and leave you in their wake. I dont take the piss out of riders who spend 5 plus grand to get an extra 10 hp out of a bike when they cant even use what they have to its maximum capacity. Lets face it unless you are one of those short arsed gp racers you are never going to get out of your bike whats it is capable of. For the average rider good brakes, suspension, and fit will give them the confidence to ride safe and faster. Thats the reason a lot of us like the guzzi, you dont have to have the highest reving, tyre peeling, bike to enjoy your ride. I love the styling of the Griso and think it is quiet difficult to muck around with the seat profile without ruining the looks. Lowering seemed like a good option especially since I dont scrape the pegs on every corner and the road surfaces are not to bad. Respect your fellow riders individuality and stick it to the cages that figure in most of the motorcycle injuries in Gods Own.

kiwi
Westmorland is closed Sun. and Mon. I called them and purchased a link you will need bearings and seals also. Recieved it in a couple of days.

Thanks for that. They dont seem to reply to emails. Would be interest in hearing if it works ok when you install. How much does it lower the bike.

kiwi8v said:
Thanks for that. They dont seem to reply to emails. Would be interest in hearing if it works ok when you install. How much does it lower the bike.
I installed it on a Breva and dropped it 1in. in the rear. I removed it for now until I machine the front triple so that I can raise the fork tubes.

kiwi8v said:

Hey Kiwi,

I'm actually the guy that handles the Facebook page for Wesmoreland Moto Guzzi. I called Don who runs the place and left several messages for him about contacting you. I guess he never did which I'm sorry about.

I do the Facebook more or less for fun and did the website a couple years ago since the one before that was atrocious - again, because I just like Guzzi's. I don't know why Don hates email so much. He gets contacted from people all over the world, especially about the lowering kit. I'd love to try to handle all the email and website stuff but I'm like an hour away and he doesn't seem interested in modernizing.

I'll have to take a ride out there and see how he's doing.

Thanks mate

I thought maybe I was having a senior moment and was doing something wrong with my emails. Thats good to know. I am going to try lowering the seat first and if that does not work will just have to ring him as that seems to be the only system that works. Perhaps he should just get rid of his email contact if he is not going to reply. The lowering kit is the only one I can find in the world for the griso otherwise I would gave given up and gone somewhere else. All the best from the land of the long white cloud. ( Maori name for NZ)

Back