• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso 8V - Will odometer stop working at 100,000 miles ?

ett

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I believe I recall reading on this forum that some Guzzi models odometer's stop working at 100,000 miles/kilometers.
Anyone know if this is something I will have to worry about with my 2010 Griso 8V ?
(It would kinda suck to have to buy a new dash every three years.)

Thanks;
--ET

I believe you will find that to be the case. A call to Piaggio Customer Service now might help with this (non-legal) issue. Keep us posted if you speak with them.

Thanks for the replies.

I've sent the following email to CustomerCare@piaggiogroupamericas.com
Hello,

I have a 2010 Griso 8V that I bought in Dec. 2011 as a left over.
I've recently learned that the odometers on the small block Guzzi models
stop working at 100,000 miles/kilometers.

I ride an average of 30,000 miles per year.
And my Griso8V currently has over 50,000 miles after only 1-1/2 years.
So this possible design flaw has me very worried.

Does my Griso have the same flaw and it's odometer will stop working at
100,000 miles ?

I'll update everyone when (if ?) they reply.

Wish me luck;
--ET

While we're waiting for an answer from Piaggio, I'd love to hear your long-distance review of the bike. My '12 has been flawless so fair, but I'm 40k short of your total. What kind of riding re you doing to pile up so many miles, and any hassles other than routine maintenance?

I had written a couple 1yr reviews and 50k mile review here:

https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/163/10057
+
http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,68335.msg1762251.html#msg1762251
+
http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,68335.msg1862674.html#msg1862674

The first two (1yr) reviews are essentially the same.

As for type of riding. I've been doing mostly commuting.
My commutes are ~150 miles per day.
BUT I make it a point to not take the most direct route between home and work.
So instead of taking a 65 minute (each way) ride along the interstate.
I take 2 to 3 hours (each way) along two lane county roads found here in eastern PA and west-central NJ.

For maintenance; I've been doing nothing unusual. Just lots of oil changes.
I've never stick to manufacture recommended maintenance schedules.
I usually cut their recommendations in half.
So instead of changing the motor, trans, and carc oils every 6k miles.
I've been changing them every 3k miles. So for me that's once per month.

For valve checks and adjustments; I've been sticking to the suggested schedule of every 6,250 miles.
Except this very last adjustment. I let that slip for 10,000 miles. From 40k to 50k.

I've been changing the air filter every 10k to 12k miles.

I have not yet changed the brakes fluids. Plan to do it this weekend.
And I just recently changed the clutch fluid for the first time last week.
Although I believe the dealer changed it at first service.

--ET

Based on the Griso having the same ecu as my O7 Sport I don't think you'll have an issue , I've done approximately 115,000k's now (sure its not miles, but nothing happened at the 100,000 mark just kept on ticking over as usual)

Pete,
Forks are good, as is diff & swing arm bearings etc. The thing's going like a train.
See you at the Spag Rally?
Tony

Tonym said:
Based on the Griso having the same ecu as my O7 Sport I don't think you'll have an issue , I've done approximately 115,000k's now (sure its not miles, but nothing happened at the 100,000 mark just kept on ticking over as usual)

well ecu doesn't know miles. The dash handles that on it's own.

240kms commuting per day surely makes my head spin... I never stop to be amazed of the scale difference of things over there....

Op here.

I know this is an old thread.
But just today I confirmed that even with odometer set to miles instead of kilometers.
Is does keep counting at 100k

IMG_20150804_195054287_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150804_195432310.jpg
IMG_20150804_195953625.jpg

Really didn't think miles vs. kilometers would make a difference. But never know.

--ET

Back