• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Fuel Injection Management - Corsa Corta

Tim with a Griso

Tuned and Synch'ed
Salutations,
I was mousing around waiting for something happen at work and I came across this advert 'Corsa Corta 12-14 Universal Torque+ pack', boasting easy fuel injection tuning.
Sounds good, seemingly will cure my Grisos' dislike to low revs/speed and cheaper than a power commander thingy too. So before I put my hand in my pocket based on the testimonials from people I don't know anything about, has anyone got any advise about them, owns one perhaps or thrown one away as a waste of money?
Thanks
Tim

Thanks for the advise GT -Rx,
So in a nutshell one of these devices does a third of the work a power commander does (can do) for roughly a third of the price.
Knowing that and being a solar powered biker facing the fact that soon the Griso will be resting up for the winter, I will see if a power commander falls out of my Christmas stocking.

Tim

.You are quite right the best option is to take your bike to a recognised tuning place that can rewrite the map and remove the O2 sensor completely for your individual set up of your Guzzi, but to do that it is expensive with alot of dyno time. The next option is to go with a power commander and the last option is go with an O2 optimiser which is the cheapest, it depends how deep your pockets are!!

I have a Corsa Corta fitted to my Bellagio and to be honest it has made a huge improvement to the sub 3000 rpm fuelling making the bike so much smoother. Now I cannot comment on Todd's one as I have not seen or tried it, but I do know the Corsa Corta was developed for Moto Guzzi's and tested on a Bellagio with a Dyno with AFR measurements taken. So that was one reason for buying it. The second is that it is made in the UK (where I am from so it is a lot cheaper than buying from outside the UK (postage, import tax, handling costs etc.) which is always a factor!

So a very quick review of the Corsa Corta module which may also apply to other makes. First off as Todd said this device alters the fuel ratio below around 3000 rpm (depending where the cross over to the fuel map is), above that the fuel map in the ECU takes over. Depending on your riding style if your bike lives mainly between 0 and 5000 rpm then you will notice a difference . If you constantly ride in the 3000 - 8000 + rpm then you will notice no difference.

So for me, the Guzzi is my commute and potter around bike, when commuting I get a short blast where I can get upto 70mph but most of the time the road speed is no greater than 50 and in town it can mean riding below 30. This is where you need a smooth throttle response especially when filtering (think that's illegal in the States!). So fitting the O2 optimiser has improved the the low rpm throttle response also if pottering along at about 30 - 40. Also it makes low speed gentle roll ons much smother.

The other factors are that it has improved slightly my mpg so now averaging 50 UK mpg and the device has survived the great British weather being mounted on my bike just by the starter motor, so I can attest to its waterproof qualities!

I may be totally wrong but I get the impression that the majority of forum members here prefer the full monty from Todd (PC V & A/T with ECU reflash etc), and members also seem to fear dyno tuning
quote; "but to do that it is expensive with a lot of dyno time"

My understanding is that dyno tuning and re-mapping has become a very quick process.
In previous times the tuner would do several runs, compare AFR's and then manually correct the fuelling within the map via his laptop, do a few more runs, read, compare, re-write etc. Time consuming and expensive.

Today any decent dyno shop will have auto mapping programs, that re-writes the PCV fuelling to achieve the desired AFR's, it just tells you the % increase of fuel now being delivered at whatever RPM's & TPS % etc.

But even better than that now, is the ability to re-flash and re-write the mapping in the standard ECU of most bikes.
To me that is a better overall result with less electrickery bits to go wrong. ......................... horses for courses

ghezzi said:
Today any decent dyno shop will have auto mapping programs...
But even better than that now, is the ability to re-flash and re-write the mapping in the standard ECU of most bikes.
I've been certified by Dynojet for dyno tuning, and PC operation; Dynojet created "Tuning Link" (software that allows automated, quick mapping on the dyno), which now uses AutoTune for any newer/modern operators. Only downside is that it captures that precise moment in time, and then is static. Prior to AutoTune, Dynojet toted their dyno truck to all of the races here to build maps prior to each race... showing how important conditional mapping is. Also for street riders, fuels (both winter and summer mixes) vary largely, as does region to region.
The ECU does correct based on it's limited sensors/algorithms. Static flashing to the ECU is OK at best. If you can disable the stock narrow-band 02-sensor yourself, I highly recommend adding the PC-V/AutoTune. AutoTune on the bike offers fully dynamic fueling on the fly, for every second of RPM & TP; The PC-V/AT when used correctly really is the key to the puzzle.

So Todd what you're saying is that manufacturers the world over have yet to develop an EFI system for any car or bike that will fuel correctly from Death Valley to the highest Arctic mountains? (EPA emission regulations aside)

And true and accurate fuelling can only be had via the Dynojet Auto Tune set up. Would that mean that all F1, MotoGP and WSBK systems are inferior

Actually, you might be correct as the dirt bike boys with APT smart carbs can tune at sea level and still have perfect AFR's all the way to the top of Pikes Peak around 14,000ft. Many EFI equipped competitors can't claim the same.
Oh, and the smart carb equipped bikes make more power with better economy than with their previously tweaked EFI.

ghezzi said:
So Todd what you're saying is that manufacturers the world over have yet to develop an EFI system for any car or bike that will fuel correctly from Death Valley to the highest Arctic mountains? (EPA emission regulations aside)
And true and accurate fuelling can only be had via the Dynojet Auto Tune set up. Would that mean that all F1, MotoGP and WSBK systems are inferior.
Touché, ball-busting eh? Heh nice try, but no. If you look into the technology used on such machines, you'll see they use their own variation of 'auto tune.' I was simply trying to state that the OEM's don't have the budget to put the multi-million $ machines F.I. systems on mass production vehicles (outside of sound and emission restrictions). Cars are closer with the extra required (larger) hardware requirements and wide-band lambda sensors for smarter fueling, but the best systems come mostly on high-performance/higher-priced vehicles.
Will the stock systems work as delivered to fuel to meet requirements and maintain a warranty? Sure. Are they highly developed systems? Far from it.
Dynojet's (multi-million $ fueling) systems have been very successful and well proven the last ~13+ years.
My last post on this... Enough said.

No Techie here but as a rider Todd's solution (the full monty ECU, Autotune and Exhaust) has made a significant difference on my 2013 Griso. Yes I did get it dyno'd also with Dyno-Jet mostly to make sure the install was done correctly and do any tweaking. Not sure if it was a mistake but we did fill in some of the blank areas! Very quick process as there was not much to do!

The Decel pops are gone, the low speed lugging gone and the sweet rumbling wail of the exhaust note is perfect even with the DB killer in place.

So I can strongly recommend Todd's products!

Bigdog is right. I added Todd's complete fueling package to my 13 Stelvio. It does everything as advertised and is well worth the money.

Back