• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Indie Guzzi Shops-Fader & MG Classics

guzzibob

GT Reference
1)Sean Fader, Guzzi mechanic extraordinaire has moved his shop, RTL Moto from Costa Mesa to:

1208 E Walnut St #H
Santa Ana, CA 92701
714-501-4188
fader426@gmail.com

2)MG Classics-I suspect you most all know where Mark Etheridge's shop is, unchanged for a long time at:
1831 Redondo Ave
Signal Hill CA 90755
562-986-0070

However, of note some of you may remember Josh who was there some time ago, then left, now back at MGC-and for those who know him, note that he is, shall we say, a lot more mellow than he used to be. A very good thing.

Thanks for the post Bob. For new readers here, I'm still happily handling service here in West/Coastal L.A./Ventura too. Sean is your guy for those in O.C./L.A.

Hey Todd, didn't intend to leave you out, was just giving new info for Sean & Mark, figured everyone already knew about you, & you weren't moving or anything. I assume your post means you will be in town & available for service in the near term?

Was just down at Sean's new shop in Santa Ana for the first time, got a few minor brake and other issues addressed on my Norge. As always, a joy to watch a wrench as meticulous as Sean at work. As good a Guzzi mechanic as I have ever seen, still. Apparantly he is now in the shop a lot of Sundays, which made it a much easier ride down from Burbank, bout 45 minutes. Just to save you some time, the phone number for Sean and the shop is 714-501-4188, and the web site for his shop is:

http://www.rtlmoto.com/

Note that the web site shows he is in unit H-which is true for now, but as of about the first of August he will be moving a few doors down to unit C-more room, and A/C.

GT-Rx® said:
Thanks for the post Bob. For new readers here, I'm still happily handling service here in West/Coastal L.A./Ventura too. Sean is your guy for those in O.C./L.A.
Wish I could reach you, Todd. I've been trying to get in touch regarding some service on my California, but haven't heard back. Please phone or email if you see this. Thanks.

Mike, have you heard form Todd? If yes great, if not, fact is he is a very busy guy, and depending on what you need done, and assuming you don't want to go to Pro Italia, might well be worth the run down to Sean. Like I said, Sean is often at work on Sundays, when it is a lot easier ride down there than during the week.

Problem is, Bob, I have a leak in the right-side fork, and pretty sure it's the crush washer. I bought new washers and bolts for both sides (yikes $23 from PI), but don't really want to ride it too far with barely if any oil in that side of the fork. Figured I'd get the fork oil changed while at it, but haven't done that before and don't have a service manual for this bike.

I guess then you saw oil pouring out of there, not a slow weep like I have on my Norge, also right side forks. Thing is, I have found Todd unavailable for long periods of time for anything other than small, routine jobs, and this might well be more than that. If you wind up going with Todd, be sure he will have availability for you if it does turn in to a bigger, longer job. I once had to finish something he started elsewhere. Fortunately that was not something that kept me from riding or kept my bike stuck in his garage while he was unavailable.

No, it didn't pour, but it wept enough, albeit slowly, that I'm concerned about riding it. If I could get hold of that page of the service manual I wouldn't mind trying to fix it myself, as I think I have everything that'd be required to do so.

Thanks Bob, Mike didn't mention, but we connected via direct email. Mike, you'll need an impact to remove the bolt most likely, but you can simply do that by removing the forks, and removing the bolt. Don't remove the fork cap until the bolt is back in, then remove the cap, drain and refill.

Thanks Todd, but can't I get the bolt out by removing the wheel? If I have to remove the forks, then this job just exceeded my ability.

Back